Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourites EPG creation

Title
    Thanks

Question Favourites EPG creation

I have et8500 box running OpenVix 6.2.011
    I want to create an EPG of my favourites which I have created by ABM of channels from 28.2E, is there a way I can create an EPG?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    I have et8500 box running OpenVix 6.2.011
    I want to create an EPG of my favourites which I have created by ABM of channels from 28.2E, is there a way I can create an EPG?
    Turn on the Freesat epg (i) or turn on the openTV EPG and then tune into the Sky IEPG data 1 channel for approx 5 to 10 minutes (ii)

i) menu/setup/epg/settings/enable freesat epg = yes. Not all Free To Air channels available on 28.2 are in the Freesat epg so try ii) if you are missing some. It may take a few minutes for the EPG to populate

ii) menu/setup/epg/settings/enable freesat epg = no, enable openTV EPG = yes
    Then tune into the Sky IEPG data 1 channel for, say, 5 minutes each day to fetch the Sky EPG over the air.
    Press the TV button on the remote then select green (satellite) then 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G services then scroll up/down until you get to IEPG data 1. Select this channel and remain on it for 5 to 10 minutes. Your screen will be blank. The list you scroll up/down is arranged alphabetically.
    Now check you have a populated EPG

There are various ways of (automatically) tuning into the Sky IEPG data 1 channel each day
    I have timer set to tune in every morning at around 6:30am for 10 minutes.

Otherwise what channels are missing EPG data?

Edit
    Do you actually mean EPG data OR how to create a list of favourite channels?
    Last edited by adm; 30-11-22 at 23:48.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-12-22),cactikid (01-12-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I think he means he wants to create a bouquet with the channels he watches regularly. If so, best to use a favourites.xml so ABM creates it for him. If he can list the channels, we can write a file for him to start off with.

Otherwise he will have to make a bouquet with remote or program such as E-channelizer/Dreamboxedit and keep it updated.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I think he means he wants to create a bouquet with the channels he watches regularly. If so, best to use a favourites.xml so ABM creates it for him. If he can list the channels, we can write a file for him to start off with.

Otherwise he will have to make a bouquet with remote or program such as E-channelizer/Dreamboxedit and keep it updated.
    Or use the Bouquet Editor in the Web Interface (Webif)
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

cactikid (01-12-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I take it you need an active network to use Webif meaning a network connection ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I take it you need an active network to use Webif meaning a network connection ?
    Yes you need your box connected to your home network.

You then find the IP of your box (menu/information/network/IP = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and just put this IP number into the address bar of your internet browser on your PC

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

cactikid (02-12-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I assume its just IEPG data 1 under 28.2e becasue the list dose not specifcally say 'Sky IEPG data 1' ?

The EPG has populated.

There are some channels that dont clear like Bloomberg HD ?

I assume favourites are stored as channels via ABM, is there a way favourates can be addded with one click of a button when scrolling thru channel list just like on a smart tv remote?

Title
    Thanks
    If you create your own favourites (of channels) , you would select them the same way as the ABM favourites (of channels) .

Have you set ABM to work in FTA only mode?

Title
    Thanks
    I have now got it to work although there is the problem of some channels not clearing or saying tune failed for example itvhd london
    Fixed dish is alighed ok at 28.e
    After going thru all the list of channels under 28.2e i noticed it has something to do with 'REGION' when confiering providers as i was not getting ITV hD london so I tried Meridian/Thames valley and it worked but that was just for itv. Im based near Romford so sounds bit strange im not picking up data from London region.
    The sat box is connected to VPN router which is assigned to a difrent location in the country so surely it cant be a network issue.
    I have attached my ABM and EPG settings incase I have a few errors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Can we please keep this thread to bouquets/channel list only. Let us not confuse things by adding EPG into the mix. It is a separate process, we can deal with later.

If you are getting tune failed message, you have a hardware issue. Dish is not aligned properly, LNB skew, how far LNB is in etc, F-plug not connected properly, water damage to cabling, or even PSU not supplying enough power, etc.

ITV London HD is on 12363 MHz, Vertical. Select that in Signal finder and tweak your dish/LNB until you do not get the error. Please accept this fact and do not waste your time on other variables.

I am only a couple of miles down the road from you. But those frequency details apply to everyone in the UK. It is the frequency the the satellite in the sky is using.

Title
    Thanks
    Secondly, if you perform a scan (not using ABM), how many services/channels do you get?

Set up your scan as in this picture and report back. Please take a screenshot of the scan settings you use so we can double check you are doing it correctly.

Title
    Thanks
    Secondly, if you perform a scan (not using ABM), how many services/channels do you get?

Set up your scan as in this picture and report back. Please take a screenshot of the scan settings you use so we can double check you are doing it correctly.
    I have spent all weak checking the cables, face plates aligntment etc even in the snow

My sat meter reads 90% at 28.2e thats the best I can get

looking at the manual signal finder and tweaking alignment and scew see the attached scan results.

Im still not getting 12363v for London itv HD etc

Below are the list of transpnder results ( the transponders that were picked up habe a good signal similar to whars shown on the attachenment.

Picking up all transponders from 10714H 22000 5/6 - 11426V 29500 8/9
    Then signal drops off at 11479v 27500 5/6 and no signal up to 11798H 30000 1/2

Picking up signals 11836H 27500 5/6 to 1266H 27500 2/3
    Then no signal 12285v 27500 2/3 - 12725v 30000 5/6

May be some transponders are blocked out due to location of dish which could be affecting the ABM, hense why I could be getting the ones outside London region?
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 18-12-22 at 00:25. Reason: attachement error

Title
    Thanks
    Your issue is not ABM, nothing is affecting ABM it is working fine. You are wasting your time, energy and effort looking at it. ABM reads the SI tables and adds services accordingly. Yes there is code for overrides etc, but that is not used in your case. If hypothetically speaking, you were only able to receive the home transponder for Sky UK and nothing else, ABM will add all the Sky channels even though you cannot receive them.

You are getting 657 channels on a manual scan. You should be getting more than 850. I've just got 866.
    Maybe the LNB is faulty, maybe another device connected to LNB is causing issue. (I vaguely remember you using a splitter from one room to another.) Maybe damage to cable, F-plug has an issue? Maybe you are splitting signal between satellite receivers/tuners/TVs? Maybe you are using a diplexer. You need to investigate and rule things out.

Let the weather improve and try again. I'd start off by switching off all receivers connected to the LNB, not just standby. Run a signal wire from the LNB direct to the receiver and check the tuner with that cable. Try scanning the transponder with London HD, then do a single satellite scan. If you don't get 850+ channels, there is likely a problem with the LNB.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-12-22)

Title
    Thanks
    I found some of your other threads/posts
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post523626

And now you say: "Fixed dish is aligned ok at 28.2e". So I am assuming put in an additional dish. So maybe diseqc switch issue. Please draw another diagram with all your dishes, wiring, splitters, faceplates, receivers etc.

I think your dish is aligned correctly by the way.

Title
    Thanks
    I found some of your other threads/posts
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post523626

And now you say: "Fixed dish is aligned ok at 28.2e". So I am assuming put in an additional dish. So maybe diseqc switch issue. Please draw another diagram with all your dishes, wiring, splitters, faceplates, receivers etc.

I think your dish is aligned correctly by the way.

I have attached a diagram of my entire set up.
    No switches or splitters involved.
    After checking cables, LNB, and face plates the problem lies in the connection in the front room shown red in the attached diagram. Its iether the type of cable that connects the face plates between rooms or face plate it self or both.
    The rear room has no problems at all.
    I could only open up the face plate in the rear room that has the loop extension cable as the front room was to tight to open and I did not want to break anything since it also connects to my broadband modem.
    I have a feeling the cable shown dotted in red dose not allow transponders at higher frequencies.
    I have also attached photos of the face plates
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 24-12-22 at 02:24. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast