Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Movielist switching for and back after selecting a file

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movielist switching for and back after selecting a file

Title
    Thanks

Movielist switching for and back after selecting a file

I use OpenVix with the skin ViX-Night-1080. When I go into the movie list and select a file, then sometimes the image starting switching for and back between the movie list and the full screen with open status bar. The playing goes on, however the box is frezzed. You can try to click "Stop", but usually nothing happens. Time is also not freezed. Sometime it stays on the full screen with opened status bar and you can watch the selected file until it freezes totally. Only a power cycle helps

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxibus View Post
    I use OpenVix with the skin ViX-Night-1080. When I go into the movie list and select a file, then sometimes the image starting switching for and back between the movie list and the full screen with open status bar. The playing goes on, however the box is frezzed. You can try to click "Stop", but usually nothing happens. Time is also not freezed. Sometime it stays on the full screen with opened status bar and you can watch the selected file until it freezes totally. Only a power cycle helps
    Thats an old skin, using the default (enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-simple-ten-eighty) would be better.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, but the openvix-simple-ten-eighty skin is horrible compared to the ViX-Night-1080. Yes, it is a personal feeling, but I chose to use ViX due the nice UI. Any way to fix ViX-Night-1080 skins behavior?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Ok, but the openvix-simple-ten-eighty skin is horrible compared to the ViX-Night-1080. Yes, it is a personal feeling, but I chose to use ViX due the nice UI. Any way to fix ViX-Night-1080 skins behavior?
    What don't you like about it?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I feel the design and colors in ViX-Night-1080, especially in the Multi-Graphic EPG, are the most elegant one. Don't understand why in the "openvix-simple-ten-eighty" and "Default-1080" now the EPG color has changed to green... and also the color buttons has changed from the nice rings to ugly filled squares. I tested now soo many skins, all just for the trash can. The only nice one was ONYX from @kiddac, but then it shows fake movie/SKY posters. What.... Why? Just leave it nice and clean? An elegant UI? No... must be faked somehow... So, the only useable skin still would be "ViX-Night-1080".

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Don't understand why in the "openvix-simple-ten-eighty" and "Default-1080" now the EPG color has changed to green... and also the coloured buttons has changed from the nice rings to ugly filled squares.
    So you are deciding what is a good skin based on the background colour of the grid EPG?

Default skin has always had those buttons. For the button bar they are resized to 1:1 dimensions by the interface.

And SimpleTenEighty doesn't have coloured buttons.

Title
    Thanks
    vix-night-epg-700.jpg 700×394 Pixel 2022-12-01 16-00-50.png

A good skin is something that is also nice to see. This is the reason why I decided to go for ViX years ago. It was really the most elegant UI ever seen and functional. I have seen you're the developer of the vix-night-1080. Could you not modify it to work properly with 6.2.11? Or change the colors of the Default-1080 with the ring buttons? At the end, just restore the standard the UI of vix-night-1080? The green color in the grid EPG is really not nice to see. Just my personal feeling.
    Yes, you're right SimpleTenEighty is w/o buttons. May be add the ring buttons and vix-night-1080 grid EPG?

I'm using the GigaBlue UHD UE 4K with FBC Cable tuners (8 tuners).
    Last edited by relaxibus; 01-12-22 at 16:09.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I feel the design and colors in ViX-Night-1080, especially in the Multi-Graphic EPG, are the most elegant one. Don't understand why in the "openvix-simple-ten-eighty" and "Default-1080" now the EPG color has changed to green... and also the color buttons has changed from the nice rings to ugly filled squares. I tested now soo many skins, all just for the trash can. The only nice one was ONYX from @kiddac, but then it shows fake movie/SKY posters. What.... Why? Just leave it nice and clean? An elegant UI? No... must be faked somehow... So, the only useable skin still would be "ViX-Night-1080".

You can easily turn off the movie posters in the Slyk Onyx skin by commenting out the toppicks reference in skin.xml.

You can also do it by copying the attached skin_user_slyk-onyx-1080.xml to /etc/enigma2/ and restart GUI.

1_0_19_CD6E_844_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20221202143254.jpg

skin_user_slyk-onyx-1080.xml
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

Title
    Thanks
    I could reproduce the bug:
    ViX 6.2.11
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K
    Skin vix-night-1080

If a recording is in progress and you play recorded files from the movielist, then the player infobar freezes and switches fore and back between movielist and infobar. Only a power cycle helps.
    It happens at the second time you attempt to play a recorded video, not at the first time. So just play, stop and play another file and it freezes.

Should I post this in the skinning section? I would like to get the vix-night-1080 working again. It is on the feed, so it should work, otherwise it should be removed.
    Last edited by relaxibus; 03-12-22 at 11:19.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    I could reproduce the bug:
    ViX 6.2.11
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K
    Skin vix-night-1080

If a recording is in progress and you play recorded files from the movielist, then the player infobar freezes and switches fore and back between movielist and infobar. Only a power cycle helps.
    It happens at the second time you attempt to play a recorded video, not at the first time. So just play, stop and play another file and it freezes.

Should I post this in the skinning section? I would like to get the vix-night-1080 working again. It is on the feed, so it should work, otherwise it should be removed.
    Leave for moment I can generate this issue - although not always
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Thats an old skin, using the default (enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-simple-ten-eighty) would be better.
    I adapted the simple-ten-80 to my taste. The EPG looks now the same as the vix-night-1080 :-) What I'm missing are the 4 colored (red, blue ,green, yellow) ring buttons from the vix-night-1080 beside the text. Could someone add it please to the skin?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    I adapted the simple-ten-80 to my taste. The EPG looks now the same as the vix-night-1080 :-) What I'm missing are the 4 colored (red, blue ,green, yellow) ring buttons from the vix-night-1080 beside the text. Could someone add it please to the skin?
    No. The coloured buttons are redundant, which is why they are not used in S1080.

Title
    Thanks
    Hmmm… most of the other skins uses the colored buttons and a white text… I feel the colored text feeels like in the 90s. Anyway, if you feel thats the way is has to go, then….

Where should I ask to make a modification to the Default-1080 skin? It only shows max 4 tuners, I use 8. I tried to find it in the xml file, w/o success.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Hmmm… most of the other skins uses the colored buttons and a white text… I feel the colored text feeels like in the 90s. Anyway, if you feel thats the way is has to go, then….

Where should I ask to make a modification to the Default-1080 skin? It only shows max 4 tuners, I use 8. I tried to find it in the xml file, w/o success.
    Default-1080 shows the tuners dynamically when they are in use. There is space for 4 letters only. Anyway Default-1080 is a test skin only. You should not be using that as your main skin.

Re: S1080, buttons take up space leaving less for text so the trade-off of having buttons is the text needs to be smaller. More users were using S1080 than all the other skins combined which is why it was promoted to primary skin. If you want a cramped interface with buttons and a small font you need to switch to another skin.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, but Default-1080 is the only skin I like, as the vix-night-1080 seems not working and nobody will fix it. So what other option do I have?
    At the end, the looks & feel should be what I'm looking for. At the end I didn't ask much, just a S1080 version with the buttons that don't looks like a 90s Teletext style skin on the Grid-EPG. This is not a bad critics, just a user request ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast