Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Symbol rate cap

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Symbol rate cap

Hi all,

Its the time of year I seem to spend a few dollars and am fixated with accessing a bird here in Australia with a 47,300 MSyms symbol rate!

Need some advice as the two DUO4KSE's I bought two years ago are excellent but not for the satellite I wanted.

Can the impressive AX HD61 cope to 50,000 say for my plan?

Help appreciated, actually any other boxes known to work into that range, I must really want a new Xmas gadget from WOS !!

My Dish tuner goes to 65,000 at least so I can see it, just not in the HT.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Which satellite tuner do you have in the SE? I am using the later S2X version and can open 44000 symbol transponders.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (23-11-22)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    By the way SF8008 is recommended for high SR and pretty effective blindscan.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (23-11-22),morpheus883 (19-11-22),Sicilian (19-11-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Which satellite tuner do you have in the SE? I am using the later S2X version and can open 44000 symbol transponders.

By the way SF8008 is recommended for high SR and pretty effective blindscan.
    The VU+DUO4KSE Tuner is NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X).

As an aside, I now have finally tuned one stream at a time, but it is not stable, if I reboot, there is no resolution until I tune from a DVB service to the stream which has been saved and it is then resolved (sort of triggers the decoding but it won't start on the service as it shows 0% signal until I tune down to an empty service then back to the stream that works).

How that came about is that I have the latest VIX image, updated the SATELLITE.XML and did a scan, presto, it resolves 47,300 SR on just one stream .

I am going to investigate an SCR/ Jess LNBF from WOS (not available in Australia), will that likely help?

Thank you for the reply and good on the SF8008, it looks a impressive unit.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Thanks
    Last edited by EnoSat; 25-11-22 at 00:29.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Yes, the TP's for Australia are the ones I need (feeds, in clear), currently we have to use a CAM/ Government authorised broadcast called VAST (View Access Satellite Television) for FTA (Free To Air) services.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-D3-10.html

The CAM+Card are paired by the host (Optus/ SingTel Communications) and cost users' from €145 ~ €364 approximately, channel changes are typically three seconds, boot time is a minute or so longer and some of the FTA services are no longer available on VAST.

Only in Australia for FTA.
    --

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Now I am confused. What do you need a CAM for? And you didn't tell us this is multistream.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Now I am confused. What do you need a CAM for? And you didn't tell us this is multistream.
    The CAM is for the service I hope never to need again (see above) if, I can resolve the FTA feeds on D1.

Yes they are Multistream as per: https://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-D1.html
    --

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    So sf8008 should work fine if you have the PLS codes. Codes may be in satellites.xml. Otherwise you would need an OS Mio 4k or 4k+ as these are the only boxes that can resolve the PLS codes from scratch.