Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems when trying to record or view 2+ programmes at once - AGC to blame and/or something else?

Title
    Thanks
    As the weather turned out not to be peeing down all afternoon as was forecast, I've checked the F connectors at both ends of the cable this afternoon, which has made no difference.

I also tried putting the box in the lounge and swapping cables round on the LNB to use the old cabling for my old Humax Freesat box and still get the same problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Which LNB do you have? Make and model please. Please post screenshots of tuner configuration for all the demodulators. Maybe you have set up the wrong frequencies for your LNB.
    LNB is GT-Sat GT-S2DCSS24

I'm 99.9% sure that's the model I picked when setting up the box although I can't seem to find anywhere in the menu system that'll let me check that.

Tuner config: (If there's another screen I need to be looking at you'll have to tell me how to find it in Open Vix as this seemed to be the only one I could see with details of the tuners on it)

PXL_20221119_165108285.jpg
    Last edited by cerebros; 19-11-22 at 18:12.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Also how is the signal getting sent from enigma to plex? Is it though WiFi?
    No, I never use Wifi for something I want to be sure is working. Connection is via ethernet.

For now, I don't believe Plex is the issue as the problem is happening even when I'm just checking on the Gigablue box directly.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebros View Post
    Tuner config: (If there's another screen I need to be looking at you'll have to tell me how to find it in Open Vix as this seemed to be the only one I could see with details of the tuners on it)

PXL_20221119_165108285.jpg
    Click on the highlighted tuner and another configuration screen should appear, Repeat for other tuners.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Your tuner configuration is incorrect. Please see here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-configuration

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cerebros (19-11-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Your tuner configuration is incorrect. Please see here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-configuration
    Ah, thanks.. that's the ticket. Wish I'd come across that when I was looking for guides on setting the box up.

Have gone through and changed them all and things seem to be working as expected now - had something recording via Plex, something recording to the external USB drive plugged into the GigaBlue and was able to flick through channels without the break ups or "Tune Failed" messages I was getting before.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cerebros For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-11-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, may possibly have declared this sorted a bit prematurely.

So, as a test to try and make sure I can record from at least four different channels at the same time (which is basically the reason I went for the UHD UE 4K as I wanted 3 or more tuners from one box and the options were apparently boxes with 1, 2 or 8 tuners..), I set up 4 recordings of programmes that were to take place at roughly the same time which all appeared to go as planned apart from one, of Apocalypse Now on BBC 2.

Now, it turns out, after checking the schedule for last night, that the snooker massively overran and that's why I ended up with a recording of what looked just like a load of Adele performances.

However, before I located last night's schedule, I did have a look at the tuner settings again and I wonder if I've made an error somewhere.

When I got to the Tuner Setup screen, Tuner B shows "19.2E, 28.2E" for the satellites. I'm pretty sure I only selected 28.2 when I was changing the tuners yesterday.

I also noticed, and I don't know if this is an issue or not, that if I start a recording on the Gigablue (in this instance it was on BBC1 HD) and then start going up and down the channels, when the info bar changes Tuner B never seems to be used - it was always tuner A showing yellow (which I assume is the indicator that it is in use) and tuner C showing green (which I assume means that it's in use and is the active tuner you're looking at)

So, do I still have a configuration issue, or is this expected behaviour?

PXL_20221120_104139244.jpg

PXL_20221120_104150579.jpg

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Yes you have configured tuner B wrong. You have included 19.2E. That means it will keep tuner B vacant just in case you want to switch to a channel on 19.2E.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    To fix the 19.2 error, select tuner B, scroll to 19.2 and change it so that it is not configured.

P.S, to take screenshots:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. I'm not quite sure how I managed to add 19.2 on to that tuner and must admit it took me a couple of goes to figure out how to de-configure it (which has made me doubly perplexed as to how I managed to configure it in the first place...).

However, all appears sorted now and tuner B shows as the tuner being used when flicking through channels while recording to the USB drive

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebros View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm not quite sure how I managed to add 19.2 on to that tuner and must admit it took me a couple of goes to figure out how to de-configure it (which has made me doubly perplexed as to how I managed to configure it in the first place...).

However, all appears sorted now and tuner B shows as the tuner being used when flicking through channels while recording to the USB drive
    Backup your settings now, before doing anything else, so you have a setup you can restore back if necessary
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12