Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Changing Bouquets

Title
    Thanks

Changing Bouquets

In version 6.2.010
    Pressing the 4-way up/down button gives the current bouquet. In my case the satellite name I've chosen.
    Then while in that screen pressing page +/- cycles bouquets.

Appears to be broken in 6.2.011.
    Can get the current bouquet but pressing page +/- does nothing.
    Easy fix? Help button says it's supposed to work and the arrow points to the page +/- key.
    Thx.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,402 Times in 2,905 Posts
    Works fine here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

ArloG (12-11-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Strange. Not here. What to check for? Fresh flash, no nothing changed.
    Only post install things was init4, pasting in nims data in settings same location as previous ver. then init 3 and a reboot.
    E-Channelizer write to box.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,878 Times in 6,006 Posts
    You are probably in satellite selection mode instead of bouquet selection mode. Press up (next to OK), I think its Blue for bouquets, navigate between a couple, exit out the selection screen, check if everything is OK with regards to the issue you are experiencing.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    I think in satellite selection it jumps between satellite lists. Obviously if only one satellite it won't change.

Title
    Thanks
    I would like to document the steps for a resolution.
    Flashing from ViX 6.2.010 to 6.2.011 at first resulted in a fail. As in a post a VU+ owner has described.

1st and 2nd attempt from another slot into slot 2 (containing 6.2.101) and then booting into it brought up the normal initial setup menus.
    I opted out of restoring old settings found on my external hdd.
    I did not opt to setup my satellites. Instead putting the receiver in init 4. Copying the nims lines from .010 into .011. And then resturning to the gui with init 3.
    I then wrote the lamedb file from .010 into the new image.
    Cold booted the receiver.

Pressing the 4 way up or down button gave the current satellite. I was able to select different channels on it.
    Pressing the page +/- key did not change bouquets as expected.

Again. 2 attempts doing this from slot 1 gave the same results. I restored the previous .010 backup. Buttons responded as expected. All was good.

From slot 1 I deleted slot 2. The after a cold boot flashed in .011 to the now empty slot 2.
    Opted out of restoring settings. Paged through the setup menu until I got to the tuner menu.
    Setup the sat my dish was pointed at.
    Wrote the lamedb from E-Channelizer into the receiver.
    Now I could select channels. And pressing the page +/- key gave the bouquet selections.
    Although all but the satellite I setup were grayed (expected).

Set the receiver init 4. Pasted the nims data (overwriting the first and only satellite setup initially).
    While at it I used FTP to replace the satellites.xml with one containing only the visible C & ku sats. 'over here'.
    Went init 3. The gui and channel opened.
    Still able to select channel up/down with the 4-way and page +/- allowed changing bouquets.

Success!

.....yet the 704x480/30 black border and inability to use the Video button (it directs to /media/hdd/movie) to change video formats remains.

adhering to strict forum rules and offering future assistance to those who may experience the same issues documented here

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
    .....yet the 704x480/30 black border and inability to use the Video button (it directs to /media/hdd/movie) to change video formats remains.

adhering to strict forum rules and offering future assistance to those who may experience the same issues documented here
    the video button for the OSmio4k+ (and its specifically for this vendor) is fixed on Git, either copy the changed modules from tehre or wait for next release version.
    704x480/30 black border ... if the TV is set up correctly to show the picture (set to Justfit or equivalent) sent unchanged by the receiver , then this is not an issue ... the Osmio4K OpenViX image will work out of the box without any changes.... if you don't think this is correct post an instant recording (or PM me) and I will try it.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
    As in a post a VU+ owner has described.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Vu remotes don't have PAGE+/PAGE- keys.