Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing Satellite config in TVH - LNB issue?

Title
    Thanks

Missing Satellite config in TVH - LNB issue?

Not sure I'm in the right place but..

Using TVHeadend on Ubuntu 20.04 as server with 2 x DVBSky S952 dual tuner cards (previously had quad LNB with same software/kit as now - no issues with using all four outputs).

Moved house and new house had twin LNB only so thought I would go unicable and up tuners in PC.. so have just had a GT-Sat GT-S1DCSS24 (1 legacy+1 unicable output) LNB installed - cannot run 4 cables down as current are in wall and dont fancy drilling through 60cm.

Cable goes via GT-Sat GT-SP41 4 Way Satellite Splitter to PC server

I can see all Montage Technology M88RS6000 tuners in TVHeadend; can configure/use Universal output ; can configure/use Unicable using I or II frequencies / userbands

Problem is that tuner 2 on one card doesn't show satellite config field - everything else is OK.
    So far have:
    1 swapped to a spare S952 card - no change
    2 swapped cards in PC - no change
    3 swapped /replaced all cables - no change
    4 removed 'legacy' input to PC and swapped config to Unicable - input still works on TVH

Not sure what else to do. Is this an LNB issue? Is the splitter causing power loss so LNB not 'detected' by TVH? (although WoS page says it is for unicable) A TVH software issue?

Any suggestions please!

Title
    Thanks
    OK, for those interested, I have an answer... and the LNB / splitter / cables is innocent [sic]

From TVHeadend forums (only found via Google search) someone has had the same issue. The config file for the tuner is in error / incomplete.

Workaround is

Go into the /home/.hts/tvheadend/input/linuxdvb/adapters directory

There are your adapters listed - they are all xml files so 'human readable,. You can pick out the adapter name at the top of the open file. Three of my files were c1658 bytes; non configurable adapter was only 658 bytes. Using text editor I copied in the missing section starting ' "Satconf" : { ' then saved file

Restart TVHeadend (for me : 'sudo service tvheadend restart'

Check TVHeadend Web GUI and 'unconfigurable adapter' now has switch listed...

Edit setting and 'voila' - it works..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j_lepharmacien For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-11-22),adm (11-11-22)