Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 704X480/30 Pan and Scan Help needed. ViX 6.2

Title
    Thanks

704X480/30 Pan and Scan Help needed. ViX 6.2

I see no options in setup to allow a working pan and scan for this resolution.
    I also have the Autoresolution plugin installed.
    Multi Quickbutton is installed as the RCU Video button was inactive.
    Trying to assign the button to do what it does in OpenATV 6.3 causes an instant crash and restart of the GUI.

Any hints? In OpenATV 6.3 its easy and works well. The screen stretches as it should no problem!

Been using ViX for several months now. Hopefully a fix??

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,408 Times in 2,909 Posts
    So please post exact steps to provoke the crash, and also please upload the debug log of the crash.

Title
    Thanks
    1) Channel shows Videomode, size & format: AVC - 704x480 30i -16:9 -SDR

2) Channel showing on Sony Bravia with large black border.

3) Press RCU Video button. Seeing Quickbutton: Key pvr. (What's up with that? OpenATV gives video mode options).

4) Blue button to Add. MQB Functions and Plugins prompt shows. Select Add Functions to MQB Key.

5) Scroll to switch 4:3 (Pillarbox) (PanScan).........What the Video button 'Should Be' inthe first place!

....Got me so far?

6) Press center OK buttton to do the deed.

7) Press Green RCU button to save. A few second delay. Then an E2 crash. Video returns the same as it was. Pressing Video button shows nothing stuck. Only a red dot with <not a string> text.

There is no meaningful option in Main Menu>Setup>System>Autoresolution that pertains to this channel format.
    Again. OpenATV makes it a no-brainer. I can get either a pan and scan or full screen 2160 in this video format.
    Even if sometimes it takes a few stabs to get what is needed.
    I've bounced back and forth between ATV and ViX. Nothing pops up as the fix in Vix.
    Hah! I made a funny. The Fix in Vix!!

Enigma2_debug_2022-11-04_21-04-51.log

Title
    Thanks
    Shown below is what works for me. I like things to be less complicated.

1_0_1_CC_65_2_9190000_0_0_0_20221105014038.jpg

1_0_1_CC_65_2_9190000_0_0_0_20221105013739.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 2,054 Posts
    I think el bandido just proves that you don,t need the plugins
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
    1) Channel shows Videomode, size & format: AVC - 704x480 30i -16:9 -SDR

2) Channel showing on Sony Bravia with large black border.

3) Press RCU Video button. Seeing Quickbutton: Key pvr. (What's up with that? OpenATV gives video mode options).

4) Blue button to Add. MQB Functions and Plugins prompt shows. Select Add Functions to MQB Key.

5) Scroll to switch 4:3 (Pillarbox) (PanScan).........What the Video button 'Should Be' inthe first place!

....Got me so far?

6) Press center OK buttton to do the deed.

7) Press Green RCU button to save. A few second delay. Then an E2 crash. Video returns the same as it was. Pressing Video button shows nothing stuck. Only a red dot with <not a string> text.

There is no meaningful option in Main Menu>Setup>System>Autoresolution that pertains to this channel format.
    Again. OpenATV makes it a no-brainer. I can get either a pan and scan or full screen 2160 in this video format.
    Even if sometimes it takes a few stabs to get what is needed.
    I've bounced back and forth between ATV and ViX. Nothing pops up as the fix in Vix.
    Hah! I made a funny. The Fix in Vix!!

Enigma2_debug_2022-11-04_21-04-51.log
    That is the wrong debug log. Probably the one after the crash. And you didn't send the crash log.

Title
    Thanks
    Well crap. Sorry. I guess it helps to clear the directory to reduce conflusteration. Right!
    Okay. Cleared the previous logs. Went deep standby. Rebooted the box.
    Repeated the assignment, and as expected. Ka-Rash!
    So. Here are the recent logs.

The question remains. Crashes and all. On this resolution. What can I do to get it to just pan and scan?
    And in what brain trust would someone make an image that would assign a button that's clearly labeled Video to do nothing....or "Make Coffee"?

The OpenATV crew really is on the ball.
    In Vix 6.2, image updated from one installed a few months ago. The A/V setup menu "could" be a bit more straight forward.
    Instead it's limited in advanced setup. And. Once your find the res. settings in the system menu. They make little sense. And do unexpected things.

So. ATV 6.2. I'm watching this resolution in full screen. Boot to Vix, its got a big black border around it and nothing in settings that "makes sense" changes it.

On a brighter note. Do you think the latest image would address this problem? Oh yeah. Is there a changelog to tell me what might be done in the latest versus previous images?
    And. I have the correct logs now. Hopefully. If Vix is playing nice with me.

Enigma2_crash_2022-11-05_09-24-28.logEnigma2_debug_2022-11-05_09-22-46.logEnigma2_debug_2022-11-05_09-24-38.log

Title
    Thanks
    Probably best to Delete the multiquickbutton plugin from your receiver. Looks like multiquickbutton hasn't been updated in some years.

Screenshot from 2022-11-05 11-02-19.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

ArloG (06-11-22)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Blah blah, OpenATV better than OpenViX, blah blah
    You are comparing an old Python 2 version image against a new Python 3 version image. If you try a modern OpenATV Python 3 image you will see the same crash.

Also the plugin belongs to oe-alliance not OpenViX, so not OpenViX at fault for any bad conversion to Python 3.

Try the attached file and see if it fixes things for you.

Goes in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuickButton and then restart enigma and try again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. I've abandoned the quickbutton way to try getting pan and scan working. Assigned the Video button to the only thing that made sense in the menu.
    Still having a large border around the picture. Have tried the different settings in autoresolution.
    And also the multiquickbutton plugin has been removed.

There are other channels in this same resolution that simply have a large black border around them versus ATV showing full screen.
    In ATV punching the Video button toggles between 3 modes.
    Letterbox, having the same border as ViX.
    Scale, stretching the screen to fill it with a bit of a top and bottom border.
    And panscan which fills the screen.

ATV in the Settings menu> Video Settings has Display 4:3 content as <pan and scan>. Nice picture!
    ViX. Same menu. Set as Pan&Scan. Black border. Toggling the 3 settings gives no picture change.

I'm missing something, ViX is missing something. I don't know.
    Try it. Check it out for yourself. Jump between images and see how the picture does toggle.
    Help??

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > SKIN SETUP > OSD POSITION or disable overscan in TV settings?
    Willo
    #######################
    GigaBlue UHD UE 4K
    Octagon SF8008 4K UHD
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Xtrend ET8500
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (06-11-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ViX. Same menu. Set as Pan&Scan. Black border. Toggling the 3 settings gives no picture change.

Try it. Check it out for yourself. Jump between images and see how the picture does toggle.
    Help??
    Same TV program, same TV channel? Some 4:3 programs are actually broadcast as 16:9 with the black borders already inserted so those settings are unlikely to work if the broadcaster has already inserted them in a original 4:3 content but broadcast them as 16:9. Some broadcasters also fail to turn off the 16:9 flag when outputting 4:3 so again the box my not know the aspect ration is 4:3. Just make sure that you are viewing a true broadcast 4:3 program with the correct aspect ratio flag set by the broadcaster when trying the options for 4:3.

Note: Currently I'm not the same place as my box so I have not tried the settings on my box.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Well. We're getting somewhere. Kinda' sorta'. I didn't state that I'm using the ViX-Night 1080 skin.
    I didnt try other skins.
    OpenATV is using the MyMetrix skin.

The OSD settings are good. No issues with OSD at all. they look perfect in all aspect ratios.
    As it is, the menu has them maxed at Width 720 & Height 576.
    Attempting to change them lower (wont go higher) reveals the "test pattern" behind the blue screen. And Leaving the OSD screen shows that the OSD is all screwed up.
    So, that's a bust.

It would make sense to disable overscan in the TV settings. Except. Remember. OpenATV does not need it at all. It's just picture-perfect!
    And doing it also globally affects all overscan for all sources.
    So, again. That's a bust.

I have not tried TNAP (which is in a slot) because it lacks one of the "bells and whistles" that EB's site and the image disallows.

It's in Vix. It's not the receiver, and not the TV. It's purely the image. I have one slot left or I can overwrite TNAP as I dont really use it and try something like PLI, etc and see if I have problems getting a full screen display.
    But. One thing is perfectly clear. In ViX 6.2 on the Edision osmio4k.
    Changing the option for 704x480/30 in meus is completely missing.
    And Display 4:3 content as <Just scale>, <Pillarbox>, <Pan&scan> appears to do nothing at all.
    Nor will another meaningful setting in the menus.

Really hoping this doesn't go stagnant. There are certain things in ViX I like. Perhaps will just switch over to OpenATV until we can try something different. Or an updated image with a valid changelog in readable format is posted.
    Kinda sucks really.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Well. We're getting somewhere. Kinda' sorta'. I didn't state that I'm using the ViX-Night 1080 skin.
    I didnt try other skins.
    OpenATV is using the MyMetrix skin.

The OSD settings are good. No issues with OSD at all. they look perfect in all aspect ratios.
    As it is, the menu has them maxed at Width 720 & Height 576.
    Attempting to change them lower (wont go higher) reveals the "test pattern" behind the blue screen. And Leaving the OSD screen shows that the OSD is all screwed up.
    So, that's a bust.

It would make sense to disable overscan in the TV settings. Except. Remember. OpenATV does not need it at all. It's just picture-perfect!
    And doing it also globally affects all overscan for all sources.
    So, again. That's a bust.

I have not tried TNAP (which is in a slot) because it lacks one of the "bells and whistles" that EB's site and the image disallows.

It's in Vix. It's not the receiver, and not the TV. It's purely the image. I have one slot left or I can overwrite TNAP as I dont really use it and try something like PLI, etc and see if I have problems getting a full screen display.
    But. One thing is perfectly clear. In ViX 6.2 on the Edision osmio4k.
    Changing the option for 704x480/30 in meus is completely missing.
    And Display 4:3 content as <Just scale>, <Pillarbox>, <Pan&scan> appears to do nothing at all.
    Nor will another meaningful setting in the menus.

Really hoping this doesn't go stagnant. There are certain things in ViX I like. Perhaps will just switch over to OpenATV until we can try something different. Or an updated image with a valid changelog in readable format is posted.
    Kinda sucks really.
    Explain to me why. El bandido has perfect picture and you cannot setup the same?

… and you should not be having to use OSD change the TV to just scan and picture will fit.

… if this was such an issue why are you the only guy that has an issue?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Please provide details of the specific channel you are having problems with. Which satellite, frequency, etc. Some screenshots (from OpenWebIf) of the problem would be helpful.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast