Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG Slow to display content

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPG Slow to display content

Title
    Thanks

EPG Slow to display content

Hi have just brought AX HD61, previously having Mutant HD51

When pressing the EPG button, it takes 1 to 1.5 seconds to display the contents of EPG, although the EPG frame shows immediately.

I have a video https://youtu.be/IBMosOx2BMo

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Is this a question?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    My AX61 shows the epg on satellite bouquets instantly.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    My AX61 shows the epg on satellite bouquets instantly.
    But is the epg data and picons stored on the same devices and operated in the same way. For instance, if either is stored on the hard disk and you have configured the disk to go to sleep, say after 10 minutes, then maybe it will first have to spin up. Perhaps try storing picons and epg on a USB stick and see if that speeds up the response.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    EpgCache is stored in the RAM. EPG.DAT just is to bridge reboots. So you are probably right about picons. But that should just happen once.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Is this a question?
    Sorry yes, is this a bug? as my mutant displayed immediately.
    Also my picons are on internal flash

Title
    Thanks
    I checked without picon.. also a full reset.. same issue
    here is video without picon https://youtu.be/KOxb41XD9ak

Title
    Thanks
    I do have these lines from logs

< 5391.3761> [InfoBarGenerics] Key: 365 (Break) KeyID='KEY_EPG' Binding='('EPG',)'.
    < 5391.3975> [ActionMap] Keymap 'InfobarEPGActions' -> Action = 'EPGPressed'.
    < 5391.4063> [Skin] Processing screen 'GraphicalEPGPIG' from list 'GridEPGPIG, GraphicalEPGPIG', position=(0, 0), size=(1920 x 1080) for module 'EPGSelectionGrid'.
    < 5391.4266> [Skin] Attribute 'valign' (with value of 'center') in object of type 'eListbox' is not implemented!
    < 5391.4280> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'primetime' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4282> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'change_bouquet' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4283> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'jump' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4283> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'page' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4284> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'timeline0' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4285> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'timeline1' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4286> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'timeline2' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4287> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'timeline3' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4287> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'timeline4' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4288> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'timeline5' in <class 'Screens.EpgSelectionGrid.EPGSelectionGrid'>.
    < 5391.4302> [Skin] Attribute 'EntryFontWrap' (with value of 'no') in object of type 'eListbox' is not implemented!
    < 5391.4415> [Skin] Processing screen 'SimpleSummary' from list 'GridEPGPIGSummary, GraphicalEPGPIGSummary, ScreenSummary, GridEPGPIG_summary, GraphicalEPGPIG_summary, SimpleSummary', position=(0, 0), size=(1 x 1) for module 'ScreenSummary'.

Title
    Thanks
    If someone could make a image with some debug lines in code, say from point of pressing EPG button, Render of frame, to render of content, I can try and give you the output?
    I would try myself, I have a fork, but unsure where/how to add debug lines.. let alone do a image build
    Last edited by attewell; 30-10-22 at 09:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I have a hd61 will try when I am back at home (friday ish
    what skin are you using?
    whose picons?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I believe skin OP uses is openvix-vixbmc-1080-confluence. If so, I use this too.

My box is Vu+ Duo4K SE, running OpenViX 6.2.010. EPG is instant. EPG/Picons stored on internal HDD. Picons are sourced from Github Picons and specifically light-on-transparent.

I do have a Vu+ Solo2 I could try this on if need be.

I havent, as yet, upgraded to 6.2.11
    Last edited by bbbuk; 30-10-22 at 10:27.

Title
    Thanks
    I am using openvix-vixbmc-1080-confluence, the picons are ones I have created myself for here in NZ.
    I did try other skins, even default skin, but the issue persisted

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by attewell View Post
    If someone could make a image with some debug lines in code, say from point of pressing EPG button, Render of frame, to render of content, I can try and give you the output?
    I would try myself, I have a fork, but unsure where/how to add debug lines.. let alone do a image build
    My mutant HD51 and my AX61 display the EPG (with picons) instantly. I think your issue is skin related. Try with another skin to see if the issue improves. Picons should be stored in flash (as you have) or on USB disk or SSD.

EDIT - I see my post crossed with yours and that you have tried the default skins. Maybe post a complete debug log including boot up?
    Last edited by Joe_90; 30-10-22 at 11:25.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It must be skin related. I've just tried openvix-vixbmc-1080-confluence on my AX61 with picons and epg stored on an ssd and I am getting the delay now.
    Doesn't happen with my usual skin.
    Willo
    #######################
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    #######################

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've just been experimenting and changing the view mode from 'graphics' to 'text' sorts it and the epg shows immediately.

That would explain why my epg was showing immediately in the first place because I use text view anyway.

epg.jpg
    Last edited by Willo3092; 30-10-22 at 13:51.
    Willo
    #######################
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    #######################

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast