Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Wifi Not connecting but WAN link ok

Title
    Thanks

Wifi Not connecting but WAN link ok

hi
    I am looking for some guidance as my zgemma h9 which is not connecting to the internet, for example downloading Plugins. It indicates" H9S has no inetnet access"

In setup the wifi test is ok with all tests green.
    Wan status shows the Link status as linked

I am confident on the Netgear USB WIFI dongle

Tried connecting via DHCP yes and no but same issue

All working on a LAN connection

Any assistance would be welcome to resolve the problem

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Have you checked the encryption expected on the router and that being used on your receiver WiFi setup.
    Recently my wife found she couldn‘t connect to one of our WiFi connections because the encryption protocols were different
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi twol
    Thank you for your input. I was sure the encryption setting was correct for the router as i have used it on this box for some time.
    After checking many of the settings l decided to flash the box to an older image copy and that resolved the problem

I noticed when moving to the config, Network, Device the Wlan connection was 8192CU where it had previosly displayed RTL8192CU
    Not fully understand why but now fixed under release 6.2.009. I would also add that when i then upgraded to release 6.2.0010 l encountered the problem once again. I have downgraded to release 6.2.009 as it works for me and I will wait for the future release 6.2.011
    Thanks for your input
    Last edited by valparra; 19-10-22 at 22:14.