Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: My MutantM51 not working with SignalMeter app help lol ?

Title
    Thanks

My MutantM51 not working with SignalMeter app help lol ?

Good evening all
    Hope someone maybe able to help me

I have a MutantM51 satellite box that works with a 95 cm Triax dish with motor that moves from 42 East to 30 West.
    I use to have a Zgemma sat box but packed up on me but before it did I use to use an app on my android mob to check what signal was like on al sat positions used. It's called SatMeter.

Problem is now I'm using newer MutantM51 with latest Openvix image the only sat position it connects to my sat box on is 28 east.
    When I try and connect to any other sat positions I get error message can anyone help me to solve thisas app was great when checking sat signal while I was on ladder or even indoors when I wanted check sat signal and use to move to other sats and even used when I was upstairs to turn off satellite without having to go downstairs.
    I was using a different image on Zgemma.
    Is there anyway to fix this please
    I would be most grateful for any advice or help ?

Many thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Enigma Signal Meter App works well.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (15-10-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies maybe I worded it wrong but that is the app I am on about and I have used on my old Zgemma H9S with Openpli Image for years but since I changed to my newer Mutant M51 with latest OpenVix Image it only vonnects to 28 East and when I try other sats on my motorised set up I get the images I have attached to this post.

Any advice or a possible fix to this problem would be much appreciated...

Screenshot_20221010_181411_com.krkadoni.app.signalmeter (2).jpgScreenshot_20221010_181454_com.krkadoni.app.signalmeter (2).jpg

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Sorry, I can't help then because it works fine for me.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (19-10-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Okay Thanks anyway
    Maybe someone else on this great forum can help me out and solve this problem for me as I said worked fine on my old Zgemma H9S with different Image but seems weird how it doesnt work on this Mutant with latest OpenVix Image ??

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I have the IPAD version and it works fine on my devices
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baioli70 View Post
    Okay Thanks anyway
    Maybe someone else on this great forum can help me out and solve this problem for me as I said worked fine on my old Zgemma H9S with different Image but seems weird how it doesnt work on this Mutant with latest OpenVix Image ??
    What have you tried? Here are some of the things I can think of:
    Verify the old Zgemma H9S still works with different image and latest OpenVix image.
    Verify the Mutant has the exact same channel list and antenna settings as the old Zgemma H9S.
    See if the Mutant works using the same image, channel list, and antenna settings that worked for the old Zgemma H9S.
    Verify that the Mutant OpenVix webif works correctly using the remote features, and that you can access all the satellites using webif.

If the app works on the 28 East services, then it should work on the other satellite services. Would think it would have to be an error in your setup somewhere. The app is third party, so you will have to use a trial an error approach or some type of a common sense approach to get it working correctly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (21-10-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply

Zgemma is longer working so can't try anything on it its dead lol
    Mutant has different channel list to what Zgemma had

Yes I can Verify that the Mutant OpenVix webif works correctly using the remote features, and that you can access all the satellites using webif.
    Webif I can move dish to other sats and all works okay so strange that it doesnt work with Mutant and did with Zgemma ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Baioli70 For This Useful Post:

el bandido (21-10-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe try this?

Do a full backup of the image you have now as a restore point.
    Flash the box with latest OpenVix and don't restore anything. Manually enter a few satellites and see if it works.

Title
    Thanks
    I have the latest OpenVix image

Title
    Thanks
    Today I downloaded software called Enigma2 Satfinder onto my Windows Laptop 10 and entered details ie ip address port Number etc password as I use to do with SignalMeter app on my mobile and it works on my Laptop now but still nothing on My Android mobile.

It must be problem with android app and latest OpenVix Image not working as I also downloaded app onto my wifes mobile and same problem as My mobile only connects and works on 28 east but no other sat positions, very very strange ...

Title
    Thanks
    ** UpDate **

Please ignore last reply i posted on here as it only worked the once then mow continually get messages when trying to connect with laptop xml file faulty and vairies as each time its a different number after message for example xml file faulty 3 or 6 , or 5 or 9 etc.

I also deleted within OpenVix image channel list from Vannibal for all motor sats and instead went for another with all motor sats and it worked on mobile on 0.8 west which is a first but then as soon as I try to move dish with app it does so but as soon as dish reaches next sat position app comes up with error message ????