Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: CrossEPG data produces incorrect EPG with missing programmes

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: CrossEPG data produces incorrect EPG with missing programmes

Title
    Thanks

Question CrossEPG data produces incorrect EPG with missing programmes

Hi, Please help as CrossEPG isn't showing programmes in the EPG which I know are on because I can see them on my Sky+ HD box as well as on the RadioTimes.com TV Guide. This started to happen a few days ago after the Queen died when the TV channels got their schedules shuffled up.

Doctors is on at 1.45pm on BBC Two today and has been for the past couple of days which is usually on BBC 1 because of all The Queen programmes which have been put on BBC 1. However despite me setting CrossEPG to download an update every day, it's still got Eggheads listed instead of Doctors and BBC 1 still has Doctors listed even though it's not on that channel now. I've seen many examples like this ever since the schedules were mixed up due to The Queen dying. But even before that, I'd occasionally see similar glitches like this everyday for years in the EPG but nowhere near as bad as it is now.

It's unusable at the moment as I can't trust the EPG that I see. I'm having to use the RadioTimes.com TV guide to find things to record.

Here's some screenshots as an example of the problem:

Sep 11 = The Queen in Her Own Words on ITV was on at 7;40am-8.35am.jpg

As shown above, The Queen in Her Own Words on ITV was on at 7:40am-8.35am but other programmes are showing in the EPG in that time instead. You can check this yourself on the RadioTimes.com TV Guide which lets you look at previous days.

Sep 11 = The Queen in Her Own Words on ITV was on at 7;40am-8.35am.jpg

As shown above, BBC Breakfast is on at 6am-9am yet looking at the EPG it looks like Match of the Day is on during that time but it isn't.

I set CrossEPG to save to my hard drive. I set it to use the OpenTV provider and "Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)". I set it to download every day at 6.25am. Have I setup CrossEPG correctly? Is there a better EPG to use than CrossEPG that won't have these problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I just use the OpenTV EPG Zapper that is installed by default. There is an option in the extensions menu to force an update.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

SkyFan (14-09-22)

Title
    Thanks
    How does that work when that's enabled? When I do an update once a day I can see the downloading message at the top of the screen which is there for a few minutes and I think it slows down my browsing of the EPG if I happened to be looking at it when the download started. When you have it forced does it download every minute or so and do you see a downloading message? Does it slow down the box when it downloads?
    Do you notice any overlapping or incorrect programmes in the EPG when you have it set to forced?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    Hi, Please help as CrossEPG isn't showing programmes in the EPG which I know are on because I can see them on my Sky+ HD box as well as on the RadioTimes.com TV Guide. This started to happen a few days ago after the Queen died when the TV channels got their schedules shuffled up.

Doctors is on at 1.45pm on BBC Two today and has been for the past couple of days which is usually on BBC 1 because of all The Queen programmes which have been put on BBC 1. However despite me setting CrossEPG to download an update every day, it's still got Eggheads listed instead of Doctors and BBC 1 still has Doctors listed even though it's not on that channel now. I've seen many examples like this ever since the schedules were mixed up due to The Queen dying. But even before that, I'd occasionally see similar glitches like this everyday for years in the EPG but nowhere near as bad as it is now.

It's unusable at the moment as I can't trust the EPG that I see. I'm having to use the RadioTimes.com TV guide to find things to record.
    I use the CrossEPG plugin and my schedule today shows Doctors at 13:45 on both BBC1 and BBC2. My BBC region is South West.

I have seen advice by Abu I think of not running downloads before 07:00 though that might just apply to ABM, however I run ABM at 07:10 and CrossEPG at 07:15.

I have checked the box in OpenTV providers for Sky Uk OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    How does that work when that's enabled? When I do an update once a day I can see the downloading message at the top of the screen which is there for a few minutes and I think it slows down my browsing of the EPG if I happened to be looking at it when the download started. When you have it forced does it download every minute or so and do you see a downloading message? Does it slow down the box when it downloads? Do you notice any overlapping or incorrect programmes in the EPG when you have it set to forced?
    I don't normally touch it to be fair. It refreshes on its own several times a day and you can choose the intervals in the settings. You can also turn off the message if you don't want it.
    A forced download just does an immediate download.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    I use the CrossEPG plugin and my schedule today shows Doctors at 13:45 on both BBC1 and BBC2. My BBC region is South West.

I have seen advice by Abu I think of not running downloads before 07:00 though that might just apply to ABM, however I run ABM at 07:10 and CrossEPG at 07:15.

I have checked the box in OpenTV providers for Sky Uk OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)
    Thanks. I'll give that a try, however I don't see why the time of day should make a difference for things on in the new few days because the schedule is already known as Sky and RadioTimes EPG have a correct EPG for the days ahead. CrossEPG doesn't just download today's EPG after all, does it?

Just to clarify, the messed up EPG doesn't just happen with BBC 1, it can happen with any channel but usually happens with terrestrial channels.

I don't understand why RadioTimes.com can get a perfect EPG when they aren't a part of terrestrial channels or Sky yet Vix can't?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    CrossEPG (via signal stream) has never ever obtained EPG for Terrestrial channels.

Whether you obtain the EPG on the satellite by the built in EPG reader and zap manually, zap using EPG refresh, or zap using OpenTV EPG zapper or use CrossEPG dowloader, you are in essence downloading the same data.

There were changes to deal with EPG supposed corruptions. Last time you raised this topic issue, you were on an older image than the fixes. As you are always recording and not able to flash a newer image, please try and delete the EPG and then redownload.

Are you also obtaining Freesat EPG?

An alternative is not to use the EPG on the satellite, instead use the EPG that the Rytec team downloads from various websites. You can download Rytec EPG using CrossEPG downloader or EPG importer.