Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue UHD UE - not finding anything on Astra 28.2

Title
    Thanks

Gigablue UHD UE - not finding anything on Astra 28.2

Hi everyone,

Finally receiver by Gigablue UHD UE this week and went to install it earlier on. Unfortunately, I've run into issues almost straight away and I'm not 100% sure if it's all down to user error or some hardware issue (either fault with the equipment or problem at the dish end). As the family are now wanting to watch something on Disney+ I'm coming here for a sense check/advice before I resume trying to get things to work again tomorrow morning.

So, I was using a Humax HDR-1100s, connected to a Sky minidish, which died. After advice on here and another forum I decided to go for an Enigma 2 receiver.

While the ultimate plan is to put the receiver in the loft and present it to Plex to use its tuners, today my aim was to get the box setup plugged in in the lounge where I've got a display to connect it to.

I replaced the old quad LNB with a GT-Sat GT-S2DCSS24 and connected one of the ends of the existing cable run to the SCR/dCSS output.

I set up the Gigablue on top of my TV bench and connected everything up. I connected one of the ends to the tuner A input, expecting that at worst I'd have to swap the ends over. After setting up the obvious stuff (video signal, network etc) we get to setting up the tuner. I can't remember what I selected first time through but I've since done a factory reset and made sure I was on Simple configuration, Single mode, 28.2E for satellite and No for send DiSEqC.

However, no matter which end of the cable in the lounge is connected or if I have them both connected (so one to input A and one to B), the box isn't picking up anything at all. I've tried scanning specifically on 28.2 and even a blind scan. As far as the box appears to be concerned, it's not connected to anything.

I went back up my ladder to check the connection on the LNB and that seems ok as far as I can tell but my first step in the morning is going to be swapping the end of the cable over.

However, if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what my best options are for the next trouble-shooting steps... I suppose I can try connecting the legacy outputs of the new LNB but after that the only other thing I can think of is putting the old LNB back on the dish and seeing what happens there...

As far as I'm aware I didn't move the dish out of position while swapping the LNB collars over so that I could use the new LNB and I would have thought I'd be more likely to have moved things so that the signal wasn't as strong rather than get nothing at all.

Does it sound like I've missed anything obvious this far, or is there something else I should try before I start climbing back up the ladder?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebros View Post
    Hi everyone,

Finally receiver by Gigablue UHD UE this week and went to install it earlier on. Unfortunately, I've run into issues almost straight away and I'm not 100% sure if it's all down to user error or some hardware issue (either fault with the equipment or problem at the dish end). As the family are now wanting to watch something on Disney+ I'm coming here for a sense check/advice before I resume trying to get things to work again tomorrow morning.

So, I was using a Humax HDR-1100s, connected to a Sky minidish, which died. After advice on here and another forum I decided to go for an Enigma 2 receiver.

While the ultimate plan is to put the receiver in the loft and present it to Plex to use its tuners, today my aim was to get the box setup plugged in in the lounge where I've got a display to connect it to.

I replaced the old quad LNB with a GT-Sat GT-S2DCSS24 and connected one of the ends of the existing cable run to the SCR/dCSS output.

I set up the Gigablue on top of my TV bench and connected everything up. I connected one of the ends to the tuner A input, expecting that at worst I'd have to swap the ends over. After setting up the obvious stuff (video signal, network etc) we get to setting up the tuner. I can't remember what I selected first time through but I've since done a factory reset and made sure I was on Simple configuration, Single mode, 28.2E for satellite and No for send DiSEqC.

However, no matter which end of the cable in the lounge is connected or if I have them both connected (so one to input A and one to B), the box isn't picking up anything at all. I've tried scanning specifically on 28.2 and even a blind scan. As far as the box appears to be concerned, it's not connected to anything.

I went back up my ladder to check the connection on the LNB and that seems ok as far as I can tell but my first step in the morning is going to be swapping the end of the cable over.

However, if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what my best options are for the next trouble-shooting steps... I suppose I can try connecting the legacy outputs of the new LNB but after that the only other thing I can think of is putting the old LNB back on the dish and seeing what happens there...

As far as I'm aware I didn't move the dish out of position while swapping the LNB collars over so that I could use the new LNB and I would have thought I'd be more likely to have moved things so that the signal wasn't as strong rather than get nothing at all.

Does it sound like I've missed anything obvious this far, or is there something else I should try before I start climbing back up the ladder?
    Not on my PC at the moment, so a quick note.
    1. you only need the cable connected to input A.
    2. So the way you are setup will work fine on the legacy ports, so it might be simpler to connect the cable to a legacy port and just check that the sat dish and lnb are still aligned correctly.
    3. otherwise go into tuner setup, unicable and select your LNB which is in the list and setup tuners A thru H with individual frequencies e.g.

Code:
     CH01:   975 MHZ
    CH02: 1025 MHZ
    CH03: 1075 MHZ
    CH04: 1125 MHZ
    CH05: 1175 MHZ
    CH06: 1225 MHZ
    CH07: 1275 MHZ
    CH08: 1325 MHZ
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cerebros (10-09-22)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You need to set the tuners up for unicable.

1.jpg

2.jpg
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

cerebros (10-09-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    You need to set the tuners up for unicable.
    Bingo. Looks like I clicked on the wrong guide to follow (after my first failed attempt at setup) as it didn't make any mention of those settings.

Have applied those and, after another failed scan because I'd got the wrong cable end screwed on, I'm currently scanning and finding channels now.

Saves me one trip up the ladder in the morning