Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Open ViX Downloads Before v6.2 - Any Links?

  1. #1

    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Open ViX Downloads Before v6.2 - Any Links?

    Hi,

    Is it possible to download the Open ViX image files for an Octagon SF8008 for versions before v6.2?
    I checked the usual download site and all the images are 6.2 versions. The archive page is empty, no links.

    Would anyone please be able to provide a link to the image versions before 6.2 for an Octagon SF8008?

    Thx

  2. #2
    Willo3092's Avatar
    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    857
    Thanks
    670
    Thanked 338 Times in 253 Posts
    They've all gone now as far as I know. Even if you found an old image there would be no feeds for it.
    Willo
    #######################
    GigaBlue UHD UE 4K
    Octagon SF8008 4K UHD
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Xtrend ET8500
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

  3. #3
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,630
    Thanks
    923
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieRay View Post
    Hi,

    Is it possible to download the Open ViX image files for an Octagon SF8008 for versions before v6.2?
    I checked the usual download site and all the images are 6.2 versions. The archive page is empty, no links.

    Would anyone please be able to provide a link to the image versions before 6.2 for an Octagon SF8008?

    Thx
    i know it's no help, but why?? sf8008 works well with latest images. (for my sins I have one)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  4. #4

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 59 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    i know it's no help, but why?? sf8008 works well with latest images. (for my sins I have one)
    The simple answer is that some plugins don't work with python3. I'm still on 5.4 on my Solo2 for this reason.

  5. #5
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,630
    Thanks
    923
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    The simple answer is that some plugins don't work with python3. I'm still on 5.4 on my Solo2 for this reason.
    Name them and maybe it can be resolved. ….. and even OpenPli have announced today a freeze on python 2 and a move to python 3 image
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  6. #6

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 59 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Name them and maybe it can be resolved. ….. and even OpenPli have announced today a freeze on python 2 and a move to python 3 image
    The main one is a c Line downloader so not sure I can name it here. But the author is on another forum and has already stated that he has no knowledge of python3 but is happy for someone else to take the job on.

  7. #7

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
    I am in the same position. Have reinstalled 5.4.0.16 for these plugins
    mp3Browser
    webradioFS

    Lucky enough I have the image on an USB Stick and the ipq files of these plugins with me.

    The developer of the mp3Brower does not exist anymore and the developer of webradioFS does not see a benefit converting and maintaining two plugins.
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

  8. #8
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,630
    Thanks
    923
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    I am in the same position. Have reinstalled 5.4.0.16 for these plugins
    mp3Browser
    webradioFS

    Lucky enough I have the image on an USB Stick and the ipq files of these plugins with me.

    The developer of the mp3Brower does not exist anymore and the developer of webradioFS does not see a benefit converting and maintaining two plugins.
    nekrub2
    If I get time will have a look tomorrow…. pity the webradiofs developer doesn,t take the time to understand that images all have to move to python 3 nothing to do with vendors or image devel opers just doing their own thing
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  9. #9
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,630
    Thanks
    923
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    I am in the same position. Have reinstalled 5.4.0.16 for these plugins
    mp3Browser
    webradioFS

    Lucky enough I have the image on an USB Stick and the ipq files of these plugins with me.

    The developer of the mp3Brower does not exist anymore and the developer of webradioFS does not see a benefit converting and maintaining two plugins.
    nekrub2
    So mp3Browser - I have disassembled to python, converted (very quickly) to python 3 and run on latest ViX - its a hacked about version but runs on a few tests of mine.
    I have to say that this is not the best code I ahve ever seen but obviously does it for you on python 2.
    Can you try it?? no promises but finds my mp3 files , and plays.

    So python 3 image copy attached plugin.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MP3Browser (and copy over all the existing files from python2 directory). Then reboot.

    If I have time next few days will look at the other plugin, but will probably take a bit longer.

    P.S. you need to Telnet to the box and enter :- opkg install python3-mutagen
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by twol; 11-09-22 at 20:32.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

    cactikid (11-09-22),Willo3092 (11-09-22)

  11. #10

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
    Thanks Twol for investing your time.
    I think I did not exactly do what you expected. I saved the old image and flashed the new one 6.2.009. Now I had no more the subdirectory MP3Browser. So I thought I could just load the old ipk. But I got the error message calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies... python-mutagen

    What did I do wrong?

    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

  12. #11
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,630
    Thanks
    923
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Thanks Twol for investing your time.
    I think I did not exactly do what you expected. I saved the old image and flashed the new one 6.2.009. Now I had no more the subdirectory MP3Browser. So I thought I could just load the old ipk. But I got the error message calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies... python-mutagen

    What did I do wrong?

    nekrub2
    You need to do this….
    P.S. you need to Telnet to the box and enter :- opkg install python3-mutagen
    You should copy the complete folder over from the old image and then copy back replacing the plugin with the attachment……plus the opkg install.
    You could try the opkg install and then the .ipk but have,nt tried that
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  13. #12

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
    Hi Twol
    I did this
    reinstall 5.4.016

    copy /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MP3Browser to laptop through Filezilla

    Installing new image

    vusolo2 login: root
    Password:
    root@vusolo2:~# opkg install python3-mutagen
    Installing python3-mutagen (1.44.0) on root.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...0_mips32el.ipk.
    Configuring python3-mutagen.
    root@vusolo2:~#

    copy MP3Browser directory back to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    copy plugin.py into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MP3Browser
    There is no old plugin.py to overwrite by a plugin.pyo.

    1st try: reboot without removing the old plugin.* files.

    plugin MP3Browser

    Crash (logfile attached)

    2nd try: remove old plugin.* files

    after reboot start hangs
    hard shut down > power off > wait > power on
    start

    plugin

    plugin MP3Browser

    Another crash
    Crash: 2nd log saved on laptop
    Attached Files Attached Files
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

  14. #13
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,630
    Thanks
    923
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Hi Twol
    I did this
    reinstall 5.4.016

    copy /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MP3Browser to laptop through Filezilla

    Installing new image

    vusolo2 login: root
    Password:
    root@vusolo2:~# opkg install python3-mutagen
    Installing python3-mutagen (1.44.0) on root.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...0_mips32el.ipk.
    Configuring python3-mutagen.
    root@vusolo2:~#

    copy MP3Browser directory back to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    copy plugin.py into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MP3Browser
    There is no old plugin.py to overwrite by a plugin.pyo.

    1st try: reboot without removing the old plugin.* files.

    plugin MP3Browser

    Crash (logfile attached)

    2nd try: remove old plugin.* files

    after reboot start hangs
    hard shut down > power off > wait > power on
    start

    plugin

    plugin MP3Browser

    Another crash
    Crash: 2nd log saved on laptop
    my error, I deleted something and didn't change variable..... see attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  15. #14
    Huevos's Avatar
    Title
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    38.5N, 0.5W
    Posts
    12,249
    Thanks
    1,938
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    The developer of the mp3Brower does not exist anymore and the developer of webradioFS does not see a benefit converting and maintaining two plugins.
    Does not need to maintain two plugins. Just make the plugin work in both.

  16. #15

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
    Hi Twol

    With the new plugin.py I could get into MP3Browser. I see that there are 967 MP3s, the first one with picture and meta data available. With enter this song start playing. And with Guide I see the stored lyrics from the cache files. What I miss is the list of all songs so I can scroll down and select what to play. With "7" I get the list of the artists and can select the artist. The list of the songs however also remains empty. Unfortunately with Openwebif I cannot get a screenshot but only see the current song.

    At least now it is working - thank you for this. Is is possible to get the song list back? And how difficult would it be to increase the font and the plugin screen size?

    Again, thanks a lot for the time and effort you spend.
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.