Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Need help with get 30 west channels

Title
    Thanks

Need help with get 30 west channels

Hi all,

I need your help with getting 30 west channels.

I've setup my rig on dead straight with 3 dots, the dish elevation is 22.5 degree and the motor is set to 0 when I moved the whole rig to 0.8west. The maximum signals for aljazeera english on 0.8west I can get is 77%. I can get from 45 east to 0.8west with no problem, but I can't get 30 west channels because of the close building next to my house.

According to dishpointer.com, it say it will work if i adjust my dish to 24.4 degree.​

I'm not sure if it is going to work because of the close building next to my house. I can see the clear sky, but I am not sure if it is going to work. It may requirement to adjust my dish to go greater than 24.4 degree to get portuguese channels.

Do you know if it will work or not??

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    You pm'd me also on this question. Can you confirm that the dish position in the photo is actually pointing at 30W or whether it needs to turn further? I'm not sure there is enough clearance as the first image shows that the dish needs to be at almost 90 degrees to the wall of your house.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Going by this post:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post510955

@Bmitie says (edited to leave pertinent details):
    He can now get 0.8w to 42e. Obstruction for rest of west.

As your line of sight to 30w is obstructed, you might have better luck with another dish on a pole by your shed.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @chris0147 - I'm not going to answer your last pm as it is better to post your questions on the thread. Then, another person with a similar issue can find the information. That said, I think you have an issue with understanding how the dish "sees" the satellites in the sky. If the building to your west obstructs the dish view of the satellite at 30W, no amount of tilting the dish up or down will make it see it. You would have to either raise the dish on the pole so it can see over the other building (unlikely!) or find another location as @abu has posted.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-08-22)