Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Astra 23.5

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Astra 23.5

Hello

Sorry if this has already been posted and answered, but can anyone help?

I can go to all of my satellites in the arc ok except 23.5 E . Has this satellite stopped transmitting or moved? I used to get a great picture but now nothing at all on this satellite.

Can someone shed any light on my issue?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reading.

Title
    Thanks
    I can assure you that sat is perfect and I am near the atlantic ocean. Are you using USALS or Diseq? With openvix when you select a sat you can see in top left corner when it hits it and dish may move too much. Are you trying FTA and check V or H.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello. Thanks for your reply. I am trying with 2 different boxes. A technomate 4k and a spiderbox 7000. Both boxes do not see this satellite even on FTA channels,but all others like 19e 28e 16e they come in clear.
    I shall have to check other things.

Kind regards

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Missing 23.5 E

Hello again

I think I have partially solved the mystery of the missing Satellite. I deleted 23.5 from my box. I then looked for a strong frequency 12012V and fine tuned the dish west and east until I had some sort of signal. I locked that in. I continued to tweak the signal. But at best I can get 73% signal and 50% quality. The picture keeps breaking up. Is that the best frequency to use to try and squeeze the best signal for 23,5 E.

I went to the back garden and lo and behold a thin bushy Christmas tree has spurted up in this hot weather. I am wondering if that is the issue. It looks like it is in direct path of this satellite. But not sure if this is the complete reason. If I were to tweak the LNB in its mounting left or right, would that help at all? Hoping someone with similar issues might have found a solution.

Thanks for reading.IMG20220810171831.jpgIMG20220810171752.jpg
    Last edited by redman1; 10-08-22 at 17:46. Reason: adding picture

Title
    Thanks
    Cut the bush and report back.

That frequency is 88snr and 91agc ie very strong

and its got a channel called newsmax that I was not aware of so thank you. Dont touch lnb as you will muck up everything else.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bmitie For This Useful Post:

redman1 (15-08-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello

The tree is in the next door's garden so cannot be cut. It is around 20 feet from the dish.

Kind Regards