Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tuner not detected

Title
    Thanks

Tuner not detected

Hi,

I have a Vu+ Duo4K SE with 2 twin Terrestrial DVB-T2 tuners. My understanding is that this should give me 4 tuners, and the information in Main Menu > Setup > Tuners & Scanning > Tuner Setup would appear to confirm this (see screenshot_1 attached).

However, I'm getting "No free tuner" when trying to record a 4th channel (on a 4th MUX) when there are 3 currently running. Looking at Main Menu > Information > Devices I see that it says that there are 3 detected tuners (see screenshot_2 attached).

Can anyone advise on what might be the cause of this and how I can get all 4 tuners operating simultaneously?

Thanks,
    Dan

screenshot_1.jpg

screenshot_2.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you check your tuners for signal quality 1 - 4 to see all show a signal?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,303 Posts
    Just a thought.

The second image you show has the "C/T2" text missing at the end of tunerC. Is this actually just truncating the display list at this point and tunerD is actually there (but not shown). (So this part would be a skin issue).

Wouldn't help with the recording (real) problem, but might avoid wandering down wrong paths.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    My BMC3466 tuners show as expected on my ultimo4k, no truncation. Simple_1080 skin.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Can you check your tuners for signal quality 1 - 4 to see all show a signal?
    I'm not entirely sure how to do this - should I use "Signal Finder"?

The box is busy recording at the moment so I can't do Signal Finder for all 4 tuners but attached is a sample output. If you confirm that this is what you suggested then I'll do the same for the other tuners when they become free.

Thanks

screenshot_3.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to point17 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (08-08-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes that page and should allow to go From A > B > C > D as you see your on Tuner A .
    do on box when not busy or use webif on laptop ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

deltec (09-08-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes that page and should allow to go From A > B > C > D as you see your on Tuner A .
    do on box when not busy or use webif on laptop ?
    Got a chance to do this yesterday and I was able to see similar screens for all 4 tuners, so it seems that they are all getting a signal.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Just a thought.

The second image you show has the "C/T2" text missing at the end of tunerC. Is this actually just truncating the display list at this point and tunerD is actually there (but not shown). (So this part would be a skin issue).

Wouldn't help with the recording (real) problem, but might avoid wandering down wrong paths.
    I think the missing text is a skin issue. Have switched to a different skin and the text has the "C/T2". Interestingly, it also shows all 4 tuners - see image attached. I don't know if the missing tuner on the original list is part of the same truncation (and hence a skin issue) or if the reboot restored something. I will try to reproduce the original problem to see if it still occurs.

screenshot_4.jpg

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to point17 For This Useful Post:

birdman (11-08-22),cactikid (11-08-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What skin were you using and the one switched to for testing is handy to know.

Title
    Thanks
    What skin were you using and the one switched to for testing is handy to know.
    Nothing exotic. I think I was using ViX-Night-HD - that would be the one with the truncation.

I think I was using Simple-Ten-Eighty as the alternate - that skin does not have the truncation.