Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: GUI Freeze and hang

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: GUI Freeze and hang

Title
    Thanks

GUI Freeze and hang

I upgraded today from a late OpenVIX 5 (think it was 5.8). I actually forgot to backup the settings so did an install from clean.

I am getting frequent GUI hangs (16 reboots in 3 hours). When I change channels, the information box will frequently stay there - any further attempts at change will reduce the video to a box and the information box will stay there. Sometimes I can change channel once and then I can't do any more. In all cases, the video stream keeps playing.

I get a similar situation when playing previous recordings - if I try and fast forward, it will lock. Sometimes it will allow me to play and then commit no more commands.

I have managed to get limited logs. I attach a condensed version because the original had 53,000 entries of "[huffman] Error. Cannot decode Huffman data" and another 20,000 of "[convertDVBUTF8] reserved 0". While I can SSH in, init 4 and then init 3 doesn't do anything.

Enigma2_debug_2022-08-02_23-03-05_condensed.log

I don't have an internal HDD - so the EPG is on the internal flash. I have tried to remove as many plugins as possible - I do still have AutoBouquets E2, Picture Player, OpenWebif and IMDb setup - I didn't install these so wondering now if some elements have hung on from the previous installation? Does flashing wipe all config? I have it NTP syncing from pool.ntp.org and use AutoBouquets.

I do have a slightly unusual mount - I have a ZFS export mounted to /beast and then link both /e2 and /media/hdd to /beast/enigma2 on the F1 box.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chulann View Post
    I upgraded today from a late OpenVIX 5 (think it was 5.8). I actually forgot to backup the settings so did an install from clean.

I am getting frequent GUI hangs (16 reboots in 3 hours). When I change channels, the information box will frequently stay there - any further attempts at change will reduce the video to a box and the information box will stay there. Sometimes I can change channel once and then I can't do any more. In all cases, the video stream keeps playing.

I get a similar situation when playing previous recordings - if I try and fast forward, it will lock. Sometimes it will allow me to play and then commit no more commands.

I have managed to get limited logs. I attach a condensed version because the original had 53,000 entries of "[huffman] Error. Cannot decode Huffman data" and another 20,000 of "[convertDVBUTF8] reserved 0". While I can SSH in, init 4 and then init 3 doesn't do anything.

Enigma2_debug_2022-08-02_23-03-05_condensed.log

I don't have an internal HDD - so the EPG is on the internal flash. I have tried to remove as many plugins as possible - I do still have AutoBouquets E2, Picture Player, OpenWebif and IMDb setup - I didn't install these so wondering now if some elements have hung on from the previous installation? Does flashing wipe all config? I have it NTP syncing from pool.ntp.org and use AutoBouquets.

I do have a slightly unusual mount - I have a ZFS export mounted to /beast and then link both /e2 and /media/hdd to /beast/enigma2 on the F1 box.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,
    Need to see 1st log after a reboot and potentially 2nd log
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Log below after reboot and some channel flicking where the problem did present itself

Enigma2_debug_2022-08-03_08-39-36.log

Title
    Thanks
    you have timeshift enabled but HDD is not mounted, so fails no space and beast (whatever that is)

< [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)

< 57.2027> command ['mkdir -p /media/hdd', 'sleep 2', 'mount 172.30.1.2:/beast']
    < 57.2032> [Console] command: mkdir -p /media/hdd

< 59.5227> [Avahi] watch activated: 0x1
    < 59.5238> [Console] finished: mkdir -p /media/hdd
    < 59.5244> [Console][eBatch] retval=0, cmds=['sleep 2', 'mount 172.30.1.2:/beast'] cmds left=2, data:
    < 59.5245>
    < 59.5249> [Console] command: sleep 2
    < 59.5252> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh

< 61.5933> [Console] finished: sleep 2
    < 61.5936> [Console][eBatch] retval=0, cmds=['mount 172.30.1.2:/beast'] cmds left=1, data:
    < 61.5938>
    < 61.5942> [Console] command: mount 172.30.1.2:/beast
    < 61.5945> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
    < 61.6647> [Console] finished: mount 172.30.1.2:/beast
    < 61.6651> [Console][eBatch] retval=255, cmds=[] cmds left=0, data:
    mount: mounting 172.30.1.2:/beast on /beast failed: Device or resource busy
    < 61.6653> fails to mount
    Last edited by twol; 03-08-22 at 09:45.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for looking at it.

/beast is my NFS mounted ZFS partition (about 15TB). Problem is, if I go into Menu -> Setup -> Recordings, Playback & Timeshift -> Timeshift, I can't get past the first option of selecting a folder. Any folder I choose returns with "Directory 'XYZ' not valid. Partition must be ext or nfs. Please select an acceptable directory" - and that's on any NFS or local folder (if I select a local folder, I get an additional option first of "Not enough space, are you sure you want to do this"). I get a similar error in trying to set the folder for Recordings & Playback.

I think timeshift is disabled because "Automatically start timeshift after" is set to disabled.

Ideally, I'd like to set the timeshift to /beast/enigma2/timeshift but if it's causing the problem, I'd like to ensure it's disabled.

Thanks!

Title
    Thanks

/beast is my NFS mounted ZFS partition (about 15TB). Problem is, if I go into Menu -> Setup -> Recordings, Playback & Timeshift -> Timeshift, I can't get past the first option of selecting a folder. Any folder I choose returns with "Directory 'XYZ' not valid. Partition must be ext or nfs. Please select an acceptable directory" - and that's on any NFS or local folder (if I select a local folder, I get an additional option first of "Not enough space, are you sure you want to do this"). I get a similar error in trying to set the folder for Recordings & Playback.

I think timeshift is disabled because "Automatically start timeshift after" is set to disabled.

Ideally, I'd like to set the timeshift to /beast/enigma2/timeshift but if it's causing the problem, I'd like to ensure it's disabled.

Thanks!
    Have you installed nfs drivers?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    The NFS share mounts properly (once I edit /etc/fstab and specify NFS version 4 as an option)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts

Thanks!
    What local folder?

Please get debug of trying to set up a recordings or timeshift location.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help. I ran out of time in the last new weeks so couldn't get the debug logs.

I have upgraded to 6 009 and it seems to have solved the problems! (There's a niggle that playbacks don't necessarily respond to the play button during fast forward even though the red light on the front indicates remote signals, but that's for another post)