Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HELP PLEASE - Bad problem associated with Solo2 VIX 6.2.008 - Powering the Solo2 off powers the Epson 9300 projector off!!

Title
    Thanks

Question HELP PLEASE - Bad problem associated with Solo2 VIX 6.2.008 - Powering the Solo2 off powers the Epson 9300 projector off!!

Tracking down what is going on has been challenging - the problem has surfaced since installing the latest firmware.

The setup it basically Solo 2 -> Anthem 50V A/V processsor -> Elson 9300 projector.

I was blaming the Logitech remote but it is nothing to do with it. If I manually power the Solos 2 to standby by touching the front, it appears to somehow send as signal to the projector to power it to standby. Turning the Solo 2 ON from standby does NOT affect the projector, only powering it off affects the projector. I have two other Vu+ units (A Duo and Ultima) and no such problems exist with them and the current problem only occurred after installing 6.2.008.

How a signal from the Solo2 can power the Projector to standby is a mystery - it has nothing to do with IR codes, it is caused by Solo2 with the latest firmware.

PLEASE HELP!!

TIA

John

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Check your HDMI-CEC settings
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Check your HDMI-CEC settings
    Thanks heaps - now fixed. I've never bothered checking those settings before.

Still learning!!