Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Samsung TV Turns Black

Title
    Thanks

Samsung TV Turns Black

Hello everyone, I have a Samsung QN90A TV. But recently I am encountering a problem, sometimes the TV screen turns black. I have no idea why this happens. Does anyone have any idea about how can I able to fix it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    When does it happen? My Philips has an option "auto film detection" and when it makes an error and switches between 2 picture modes my screen was also black. It stopped when I disabled this option.
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Does it only happen when using an external source, Could it be a dodgy HDMI cable?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentonVolkman View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a Samsung QN90A TV. But recently I am encountering a problem, sometimes the TV screen turns black. I have no idea why this happens. Does anyone have any idea about how can I able to fix it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.
    Do you still get sound?
    What do you do to get a picture back?

Are you using the TVs tuners or are you using a set top box?

When you get a black screen does pressing the menu button on the TVs remote get you the TVs menu?

When you get the black screen shine a torch at it (at an angle) - can you then see if there is a picture - but with no backlight.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    it should happen when using external source so the TV must be OK.

It can well be a defect cable or bad connections. On one of my Samsung the HDMI connector is very sensible and in some position I also get a black picture for a second or so. Are you sure the cable is really attached? Sometimes it needs a alight force to get into the connector.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Do you still get sound?
    What do you do to get a picture back?

Are you using the TVs tuners or are you using a set top box?

When you get a black screen does pressing the menu button on the TVs remote get you the TVs menu?

When you get the black screen shine a torch at it (at an angle) - can you then see if there is a picture - but with no backlight.
    No could not access nothing. I cant hear sound, TV remote works, the channel is changing, but showing the black screen.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    it should happen when using external source so the TV must be OK.

It can well be a defect cable or bad connections. On one of my Samsung the HDMI connector is very sensible and in some position I also get a black picture for a second or so. Are you sure the cable is really attached? Sometimes it needs a alight force to get into the connector.

Ralf
    I checked the HDMI cable and the connector, which is attached perfectly. Then what could be the reason for this issue, I have no idea.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    When changing picture mode you get a 1-2 second pause. Is it this? If it is longer it will be faulty hardware (receiver, HDMI cable, or TV set).
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    When changing picture mode you get a 1-2 second pause. Is it this? If it is longer it will be faulty hardware (receiver, HDMI cable, or TV set).
    Generally it takes time while changing pictures. But I found this article online and here they suggested some methods that is very useful. First I reset the TV setting input and then updated the latest OS version. I tried these methods, but coincidently after doing the tasks properly, the problem got solved. Now the black screen fully vanished.

Thank you all guys for staying with me and helping to identify the issue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TrentonVolkman For This Useful Post:

cactikid (27-07-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah I figured it was something like that. We toyed with the idea of getting a lesser known brand as well but ultimately went for the more reputable one..

That's what I meant by replacement, was hoping someone had had the same issue and found an easy fix, I'll contact the vendor in the morning. Thanks for the rep