Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenVIX crashing when accessing the recordings list (playlist)

Title
    Thanks

OpenVIX crashing when accessing the recordings list (playlist)

The box crashes and reboots when I try to access the recordings list on the hdd. Have reflashed both with and without restoring settings but always same result.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Crash log ? Please post here
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Enigma2_crash_2022-07-19_07-06-43.log

Log file attached, sorry when I looked there was no log file but then I remembered that flashing erased all logs so recreated.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytribe View Post
    Enigma2_crash_2022-07-19_07-06-43.log

Log file attached, sorry when I looked there was no log file but then I remembered that flashing erased all logs so recreated.

Thanks
    Thanks - this is obviously repeatable - does it happen at same point every time? Are you working your way down a list of movies or looking in the trashed movies ?
    I am guessing its one particular file causing this but need to understand what process you are going through
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Thanks - this is obviously repeatable - does it happen at same point every time? Are you working your way down a list of movies or looking in the trashed movies ?
    I am guessing its one particular file causing this but need to understand what process you are going through
    It first started when I was watching a recording and accidentally stopped it. When I tried to go back in it crashed then it would show the second page of the movie list but when I tried to move up to the first page it would crash. I tried flashing with and without restores with the same result. Tried making additional recordings and tried deleting and unwanted recording. It then started crashing when displaying "loading recordings", which it is doing every time I try to go into the recordings list.

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    It first started when I was watching a recording and accidentally stopped it. When I tried to go back in it crashed then it would show the second page of the movie list but when I tried to move up to the first page it would crash. I tried flashing with and without restores with the same result. Tried making additional recordings and tried deleting and unwanted recording. It then started crashing when displaying "loading recordings", which it is doing every time I try to go into the recordings list.

Cheers
    Reflashing/restoring is not going to fix this issue, there is a corrupt file.
    How is the hdd attached? If usb, does it have its own power supply.

lastly are you OK using telnet (putty or something similar) and filezilla?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Reflashing/restoring is not going to fix this issue, there is a corrupt file.
    How is the hdd attached? If usb, does it have its own power supply.

lastly are you OK using telnet (putty or something similar) and filezilla?
    HDD is internal HDD and a replacement drive.

OK using FTP software working from a Mac but do have a PC on our network I can use, if my son lets me on ;-)

Title
    Thanks
    HDD is internal HDD and a replacement drive.

OK using FTP software working from a Mac but do have a PC on our network I can use, if my son lets me on ;-)
    There is not sufficient information(that I can see) in the crash log to provide a quick resolution, so this is to try and get you back up and recording etc.... its a bit mechanical but should get you there!

1. using a telnet session (e.g. putty) login with userid root and your password.
    type in init 4 (space between) to stop the receiver.
    2. using filezilla or similar, logon to the receiver (root & password) using the receivers IP address.
    copy the files from /media/hdd/movie to your PC (ignore the trash can)
    in filezilla right click /media/hdd/movie & rename to /media/hdd/oldmovie
    3. in the putty telnet session, type in init 6 (space between) to reboot the receiver.

on restart you should find an empty movie folder (apart from trash directory)

Then when you have time, slowly copy the recordings back, checking to see if there are issues as before.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    This could be the same as the crash reported here:

They both occur straight after two messages about pixmap failures, and are both SIGABRTs.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD