Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Box Freezing / Crashing

Title
    Thanks

Box Freezing / Crashing

Hi guys.

Recently developed a problem with my box freezing/crashing regularly. The box doesn't reboot but becomes un-responsive. I have to pull the power to get back control.
    Seems to resemble what I would diagnose as "memory leak", as often happens after several hours of use and normally when I am playing a recording and doing a lot of FF or fast rewinding etc.
    Other thought was it's the hard disk but I've run numerous "file system checks" and also formatted it with no improvement.

Because the box stays on, I do not get any logs - Any advice on how to troubleshoot?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
    Hi guys.

Recently developed a problem with my box freezing/crashing regularly. The box doesn't reboot but becomes un-responsive. I have to pull the power to get back control.
    Seems to resemble what I would diagnose as "memory leak", as often happens after several hours of use and normally when I am playing a recording and doing a lot of FF or fast rewinding etc.
    Other thought was it's the hard disk but I've run numerous "file system checks" and also formatted it with no improvement.

Because the box stays on, I do not get any logs - Any advice on how to troubleshoot?
    more likely to do with the FF/REW.
    You can always get a debug log as long as you have enabled logs ---> menu/setup/system/logs/settings ---> enable and save somewhere safe (not flash)

It would also be better to telnet into the box, enter init 4(space between), retrieve the current debug log and then init 6 (space between) to reboot rather than power off/on
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Might this box need a swapfile setup and your epg not setup to internal flash.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Might this box need a swapfile setup and your epg not setup to internal flash.
    HD51 has built in swap .......................... SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = "262144"
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cactikid (12-07-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies so far.
    So...was unable to Telnet into the receiver after a crash as the network also goes down when this happens.
    However, attached the salvaged log (after reboot).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far.
    So...was unable to Telnet into the receiver after a crash as the network also goes down when this happens.
    However, attached the salvaged log (after reboot).
    Nothong I can see as unusual in that log, just shows (at the end) you playing a sat channel and then muting the sound
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Here's another log from today's crash - this time I managed to telnet and run command init 4 and grab the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I personally couldnt see anything near end of that debug log.

However, is this something:-

< 33220.6681> 17:08:43.7084 [InputHotplug] connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
    This was a bit further up in log, rather than end but was same time as log time ends (17:08).

It is probably nothing but maybe someone with more knowledge explain what "InputHotplug" is?

@Spoof, what setup do you have (apologies if I have missed this)?

Is this setup as client/server relationship or is it a stand alone type with HDD? Also, is HDD an internal one?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz2003 View Post
    Please disregard above post - it relates to my box freezing and being unusable....
    You want us to disregard the whole thread?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!