Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zgemma H11S or SF8008?

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H11S or SF8008?

I am wanting to venture into the realms of Enigma2 boxes. I was intending to install OpenVix to the box. I have a satellite dish on the wall that I am wanting to move away from Sky and did not want to get Freesat box just really so I can see what I can do by going down the Enigma2 route.

I am in two minds over what to go for. The Zgemma H11S can be bought for almost half the price of the SF8008. Is the SF8008 really worth twice the price?

Is there anything worthwhile you can do on the SF8008 that you cannot do on the H11S for the price difference? Is the SF8008 considerably quicker and more responsive than the H11S?

I am just trying to buy a good decent first box. I don't want to over pay. But at the same time I don't want to buy a cheap box and regret it. I am trying to find the right balance.

Can anyone offer some help on what to go for?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    There is £42 different on WOS between the single tuner H11s and Twin tuner SF8008 (only £37 difference if you go for the sf8008 combo).

The sf8008 gives you a 2nd tuner either sat or dvb-c/t/t2 for the extra cash.

The box is faster than the H11s and runs smoother in operation.

It really depends what you want to do with the box, if single tuner is enough then the H11s could be the better choice, if having the flexibility to use a 2nd tuner at a later date appeals then the sf8008 is the better choice.

The H11s cpu is a lower spec, and therefore it does not support VP9 codec, so no 4K youtube videos for example on that box.

But at the end of the day the choice is yours.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (08-07-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthGood View Post
    I am wanting to venture into the realms of Enigma2 boxes. I was intending to install OpenVix to the box. I have a satellite dish on the wall that I am wanting to move away from Sky and did not want to get Freesat box just really so I can see what I can do by going down the Enigma2 route.

I am in two minds over what to go for. The Zgemma H11S can be bought for almost half the price of the SF8008. Is the SF8008 really worth twice the price?

Is there anything worthwhile you can do on the SF8008 that you cannot do on the H11S for the price difference? Is the SF8008 considerably quicker and more responsive than the H11S?

I am just trying to buy a good decent first box. I don't want to over pay. But at the same time I don't want to buy a cheap box and regret it. I am trying to find the right balance.

Can anyone offer some help on what to go for?
    If you are going to use it as a PVR with an additional hard disk you may want 2 tuners to give you more options for recording whilst watching something else.

What LNB do you currently have for sky? If it's Sky Q you will require a different LNB. If its a universal LNB do you have more than one down lead?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (08-07-22)

Title
    Thanks
    What LNB do you currently have for sky? If it's Sky Q you will require a different LNB. If its a universal LNB do you have more than one down lead?
    I actually have two Satellite Dishes on the wall. Both 80CM Zone2 dishes with a Quad LNB. I was wanting to keep one in the Freesat direction to pickup regular TV and the other I was maybe intending to point it in the Hotbird direction (or something else along those lines) just again to see what I can get from Europe (this was the main reason I was wanting an Enigma2 box).

Can the dual LNB SF8008 pick up satellites from two different dishes aliened to two different directions. Or is the second LNB solely used for recording from the same satellite as LNB1?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes the SF8008 can pick up two satellites from 2 dishes. I am using it with a fixed 28,2e dish for freesat and a 1 meter motorized dish. BTW neither box has facility for internal hard disk so you must use either a usb stick/ hard disk for recording or use a NAS drive.
    The SF8008 is a better box imo and is able to have more boot slots (I have 16) and has a useful additional av out connection also.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoe View Post
    Yes the SF8008 can pick up two satellites from 2 dishes. I am using it with a fixed 28,2e dish for freesat and a 1 meter motorized dish. BTW neither box has facility for internal hard disk so you must use either a usb stick/ hard disk for recording or use a NAS drive.
    The SF8008 is a better box imo and is able to have more boot slots (I have 16) and has a useful additional av out connection also.
    Thanks for this reply John. You've made my mind up. I am going for the SF8008.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 3,272 Posts
    A single tuner or a twin tuner receiver can both receive from multiple dishes.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (08-07-22)