Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Rytec UK Sat/Virgin Quest HD issue

Title
    Thanks

Rytec UK Sat/Virgin Quest HD issue

Hi.

I've got Rytec UK Sat/Virgin UK/Ireland FreeSat selected as my source in EPG-Importer.
    Today in the EPG for Quest HD and Quest channels it says "Quest HD is no longer available in Freeview", but this is not the case for FreeSat, which I'm using. If I select the channel the programme plays and I've also checked availability on the FreeSat website.

What am I doing wrong? I have to confess I'm finding the EPG setup all very confusing. Is there a better EPG source I should be using?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Okay, so I have switched to using CrossEPG with the OpenTV Sky UK Astra2 source. I cleared EPG cache and reloaded (as I was initially getting duplicates) and the Quest channels are now showing EPG info correctly.

I guess there's an error with the Rytec UK FreeSat XMLTV source incorrectly flagging the channels as unavailable.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I think he was fetching the data from a Terrestrial service website. He'll update it soon enough.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
    Okay, so I have switched to using CrossEPG with the OpenTV Sky UK Astra2 source. I cleared EPG cache and reloaded (as I was initially getting duplicates) and the Quest channels are now showing EPG info correctly.

I guess there's an error with the Rytec UK FreeSat XMLTV source incorrectly flagging the channels as unavailable.
    Do you know OpenViX enigma2 has OpenTV download built in? You don't have to use Cross unless for some reason you prefer it. The data is identical.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (36.5 KB, 13 views)
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Do you know OpenViX enigma2 has OpenTV download built in? You don't have to use Cross unless for some reason you prefer it. The data is identical.
    Purely down to me not being sure which is the best EPG to use!

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm, the only problem with using the OpenTV source is that my radio bouquet is now not getting any EPG data. Is there a way to get the radio channel information only from another source?
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
    Hmm, the only problem with using the OpenTV source is that my radio bouquet is now not getting any EPG data. Is there a way to get the radio channel information only from another source?
    Thanks.
    If you turn on the Freesat reader in the EPG settings, you will get the radio EPG. However, you may also get unintended information clashes on some tv channels where OpenTV and Freesat may update the EPG info at different times. It's a pain that CrossEPG and the OpenTV readers don't seem to be able to retrieve radio schedule data.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I think he was fetching the data from a Terrestrial service website. He'll update it soon enough.
    He has changed the grabbed data if you want to go back to Rytec.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    If you turn on the Freesat reader in the EPG settings, you will get the radio EPG. However, you may also get unintended information clashes on some tv channels where OpenTV and Freesat may update the EPG info at different times. It's a pain that CrossEPG and the OpenTV readers don't seem to be able to retrieve radio schedule data.
    Maybe we should ask @LraiZer to look into this.

Title
    Thanks
    Okay, thanks. I'll go back to the Rytec source and check

littlejim
    I'm pretty certain we decided there is no radio EPG in the Sky OpenTV EPG last time I brought this up.

littlejim
    I'm pretty certain we decided there is no radio EPG in the Sky OpenTV EPG last time I brought this up.

Anyone got a real Sky box they can check with?

Title
    Thanks
    Oh yes, I remember now. Someone tested using their family member's one. I might be able to re-test in a few days. However, it is still on the stream.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post: