Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Streams Getting Kicked When Changing Channel

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streams Getting Kicked When Changing Channel

Title
    Thanks

Streams Getting Kicked When Changing Channel

Hi all,

I updated my Vu Duo2 and Zgemma H9s boxes from 6.0.008 to 6.2.005. I have a multiroom iptv connection (2 connections allowed). I use iptv on both boxes at the same time (1 connection each).
    Since updating Ive noticed that every time I change a channel on one box the other gets kicked off. It happens both ways e.g. changing channel on duo2 kicks h9s, and changing on h9s kicks duo2.

I then installed serviceapp and changed the player to extplayer, this resolves the issue but it doesnt allow me to record iptv streams (which was possible previously).

I have now gone back to 6.0.008 and the issue no longer appears. Has there been many changes to the way enigma2 handles iptv streams? And has anyone else with multiroom connections noticed similar issues?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks

Avi
    VU+ Duo
    1TB Internal HDD [Recordings + PTS]
    8GB Kingston Micro External USB [CrossEPG + 256MB Swap + Ocrams Picons + Setting Backups + Image Backups]
    Plugins: CrossEPG Downloader + Media Scanner + OpenWebif + Picture Player + Cache Flush

Vix 3 - 808 --> Vix Zeus 23 --> Vix Helios 16 --> Vix Apollo 153 -->Vix Hades

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avi68 View Post
    Hi all,

I updated my Vu Duo2 and Zgemma H9s boxes from 6.0.008 to 6.2.005. I have a multiroom iptv connection (2 connections allowed). I use iptv on both boxes at the same time (1 connection each).
    Since updating Ive noticed that every time I change a channel on one box the other gets kicked off. It happens both ways e.g. changing channel on duo2 kicks h9s, and changing on h9s kicks duo2.

I then installed serviceapp and changed the player to extplayer, this resolves the issue but it doesnt allow me to record iptv streams (which was possible previously).

I have now gone back to 6.0.008 and the issue no longer appears. Has there been many changes to the way enigma2 handles iptv streams? And has anyone else with multiroom connections noticed similar issues?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks

Avi
    There is no connection between the 2 boxes from an E2 perspective (unless you are using a client server setup)…. so the Duo has no idea what the H9s is doing (is that one box or 2?).
    So it has to be with your provider.
    From 6.2..6 we are trying an option to allow users to record streams when using serviceapp and exteplayer3 but thats still being tested.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @avi, do u have them connected as client and server as @twol has said or are they two separate boxes that arent linked together and it still happens?

Does it happen if you watch on a box and maybe an android/windows/apple device at same time?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi both,

Thank you for your replies.
    The boxes are two separate boxes, they are not connected to each other. They share the same provider but the provider has allowed 2 connections (1 connection for each).

I have also tried that bbbuk, and I do not have the issues when streaming 1 connection on the iPad and one on the e2 box.
    I thought it was a provider issue, but I tested with two android boxes and couldn’t replicate and as mentioned, I have now reverted the firmware back on the e2 boxes and I have no issue.
    VU+ Duo
    8GB Kingston Micro External USB [CrossEPG + 256MB Swap + Ocrams Picons + Setting Backups + Image Backups]
    Plugins: CrossEPG Downloader + Media Scanner + OpenWebif + Picture Player + Cache Flush

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok so tried multiple iptv streams via my provider on both my Solo2 and Duo4K SE simultaneously for about 20mins without an issue, switching channels occasionally too.

No issues observed. This is using 4097 as streamtype.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

avi68 (27-06-22)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    If box 1 cuts when box 2 requests a stream it can only be the server responsible for that.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is timeshift active? Or possibly some catch issues where the previous stream isn't closing when changing channels

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

avi68 (27-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    ok so tried multiple iptv streams via my provider on both my Solo2 and Duo4K SE simultaneously for about 20mins without an issue, switching channels occasionally too.

No issues observed. This is using 4097 as streamtype.
    Are you using the same provider at the same time? (With a multiroom connection?) Also are you using serviceapp?
    VU+ Duo

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    If box 1 cuts when box 2 requests a stream it can only be the server responsible for that.
    Thats what I thought initially but it seems the box is still holding onto the stream when changing channels. Its not releasing it quick enough which I think is what is kicking off the second box.

Like I said, same provider, same setup, on the old vix 6.0.008 works correctly. None of the streams are getting kicked when the channel is changed.
    VU+ Duo

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Is timeshift active? Or possibly some catch issues where the previous stream isn't closing when changing channels
    Timeshift is inactive. It sounds like that. When changing the channel its holding onto the first stream instead of releasing it which is causing an extra connection and therefore kicking off the other box.

But whats changed between 6.0.008 and 6.2.005? as going back to 6.0.008 solves the issue.
    VU+ Duo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @avi68, you don't use that FCC (Fast Channel Change) or whatever it's called if available for you box(es)? If so, this works I believe by tuning into next channel so could this be it?

I have two VU+ boxes and neither have FCC enabled and not setup in a server/client (ie fallback) type scenario and I'm not able to re-create this whilst IPTV streaming two channels at same time (and switching channels on one box).

It's possible that my provider doesn't really monitor or have setup in panel software that automatically disconnects more than my 2 concurrent connections I pay for so that's why it's okay for me?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    FCC is nothing to do with IPTV. Should be fully compatible. But anyway Duo2 and H9 don't have FCC.

@avi68, do you ever manage to get 2 streams running? e.g. Duo2 on satellite, start IPTV on H9, zap Duo2 to IPTV.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    @avi68 - I have tried to reproduce this issue but cannot.
    If not already can you enable debug logs…. Menu/setup/system/logs/settings … enable & save somewhere safe (not flash)
    then provide the logs from both receivers, noting the time of the test.
    Just post logs here ( no need to zip), replacing your userid/password with X,s before posting
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    FCC is nothing to do with IPTV. Should be fully compatible. But anyway Duo2 and H9 don't have FCC.

@avi68, do you ever manage to get 2 streams running? e.g. Duo2 on satellite, start IPTV on H9, zap Duo2 to IPTV.
    Yes I do Huevos. I can get them both running at the same time, the issue only occurs when changing channels on one of the boxes.
    VU+ Duo

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    @avi68 - I have tried to reproduce this issue but cannot.
    If not already can you enable debug logs…. Menu/setup/system/logs/settings … enable & save somewhere safe (not flash)
    then provide the logs from both receivers, noting the time of the test.
    Just post logs here ( no need to zip), replacing your userid/password with X,s before posting
    Ok, I will need to flash back and then run the debug. Ive noticed that 6.2.006 has been released, does this include the service app recording feature? I could flash to that and see if I still get kicked when changing channel.
    VU+ Duo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast