Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Any idea why ITV recorded programmes often have dropped frames?

Title
    Thanks

Question Any idea why ITV recorded programmes often have dropped frames?

Does anyone know what's going on with ITV lately?
    Since the past month or so, nearly every day, every ITV programme recorded has dropped frames. I check this by editing the programme in VideoRedo V6. It reports something like this in the save complete window:
    Video resync frames removed: 19
    Audio resync frames removed: 207

I then open the log of VideoRedo, search for "sync" to find "frames removed" to find the timeframes where frames were removed. Usually when there's dropped frames it means there's several frames of video that are actually lost however with ITV there's actually no video missing. But it's still annoying as I have to always check the log every day on ITV programmes recorded to make sure there's no video frames missing because on the odd occasion there actually is.

However I then found that searching for "near original timecode" in the log is now what's actually showing where the dropped frames are (I never had to do this in the past) and there ARE video frames missing.

Any suggestions please so I don't get dropped frames all the time? I'm recording ITV Border England HD and the issue only happens with that channel. It's not a misaligned dish causing the issue because I had both my dishes re-aligned and the problem remains. I usually get the same amount of dropped frames when recording the exact same programme on both dishes.
    Last edited by SkyFan; 25-06-22 at 23:31.