Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French TNT - Section and bouquet control

Title
    Thanks

French TNT - Section and bouquet control

Some further issues.

Despite disabling ABM sections and requesting only a main bouquet, accessing French TNT channels is difficult.

Main issue is that although manual scan of TNT finds the right channels, ABM later groups them (including FreeSat ones, despite disabled) into sections - not just the entertainments etc etc but also requires me (for TNT only) to choose from sections (providers??) such as NTN, GR1, MHD7, Multi4, SES, Unknown, etc via the Providers button. These providers do NOT appear in the ABM Providers List, which is confusing... I don't want to have to deal with sections. Can they be removed/ignored? Also if I go to the default TNT section (GR1 A) the epg button works, but selecting any other sections/providers and EPG button gives blank epg.

Radio epg doesn't seem to work - all blank.

I suspect I need to provide an absent xml file or two, but need guidance. Manual refers to Dream Editor but I have VU+ dual 4kSE. Any utilities I should know about?

Some minor further points:

Is Fast Channel Change supported? I've tried enabling it but can't see how it works. Some old posts say it doesn't work with Vix...

I've managed to enable channel numbers (101...) but can I enter them or use them in some ways to select a channel? Entering numbers seem to work as cursor directions. 1 goes to first channel in list.

How do I place channels in favourites? Not mentioned in manual.

Where is the "Info" button - it's not on the supplied remote... Possibly the OK button does this?

Do I need to enable OpenTV Downloading?

Thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    TNTSAT is a channel list provided by the broadcaster direct from the satellite. If you are not happy with that list you need to complain to the broadcaster. ABM just reads that list and sorts the channels accordingly.

The main bouquet contains all sections unless any are disabled.

Vu+ Duo4kse and OpenViX has FCC. But to give you any helpful info we would need to know how the tuners are configured, what types of LNB you are using and what satellites.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies. Kit details now in sig! Latest Vix.

TNT is received via terrestrial tuner. Sections are disabled in ABM on both tuners. Main issue is with terrestrial.

Thanks
    Linux Enigma2 Vu+ Duo4K-SE with DVB FBC-S/S2/T/T2 fed by Universal (Hybrid) lnb (Astra 28.2E) & French TNT (Terrestrial) Aerial
    Denon AVR-2700H-DAB Receiver and Sony 4K Bravia A8 TV & Linn Sara 9/KEF Q550/T110 Spkrs - Backup: Humax PVR-1100S

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    ABM does not have a TNT provider via terrestrial. That bouquet is coming from Astra 19.2E.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't follow. I'm pointed at 28.2E and not 19.2E.

Secondly I ran Signal Finder which reported having created the bouquet which it named F Terrestrial and which I am using in ABM. My problem is that I would like that bouquet to contain all the channels which appear in the many "mystery" providers which seem to be acting like separate sections in ABM: GR1 A, NTN, etc. At the moment I select F Terrestrial, but then I have to select, via the providers button, which one of those providers I want, knowing the desired channel is there. Then I can select the target channel. This is a bit unwieldy. I attach a pic of the screen showing the choices.

My reading of https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...hannel-Numbers is that I could perhaps create a custom bouquet xml file which could give me what I want along the lines of the one attached there by Willo3092 and referred to by Abu Baniaz. Reverse engineering that would be easier if I had some guidance on the subject. I've had a look at the readme which is a little daunting I've looked at OpenWebif - perhaps that is the better route for me?

Also, does anyone have any answers to the other simpler questions I raised in my original post?

Thanks

IMG_20220619_114134__01.jpg
    Linux Enigma2 Vu+ Duo4K-SE with DVB FBC-S/S2/T/T2 fed by Universal (Hybrid) lnb (Astra 28.2E) & French TNT (Terrestrial) Aerial
    Denon AVR-2700H-DAB Receiver and Sony 4K Bravia A8 TV & Linn Sara 9/KEF Q550/T110 Spkrs - Backup: Humax PVR-1100S

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    1. Please enable the function in ABM "Add provider name to bouquet", then run ABM. Restart and then upload a newer version of your screenshot. However, please use the bouquets/favourites mode, not provider selection mode.
    Please see this thread if it helps:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...nel-navigation

Please do not confuse the ABM providers and Provider in Channel selection routine of Enigma2. The providers method of E2 reads the lamedb file and presents this to you. You may have a channel list installed with services you did not add yourself.

2. We ask people to add debug log showing ABM execution. Avoids the guesswork and 20 questions.
    Please see here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...port-questions

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

JerryK132 (22-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Where is the "Info" button - it's not on the supplied remote... Possibly the OK button does this?
    VU+ remotes do not have an info button. The EPG button does this for you depending on what screen you are in. In live TV, OK opens the infobar.

If you want to open "EVENT view", you may have to add it under button setup function.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

JerryK132 (22-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for both responses. Especially the pointer to the EPG Bouquet Guide pdf which put it all in context!

I already had the "Add provider name to bouquet" enabled but somehow when it displays the "providers" of the type eg BSkyB, it does not append. When I select F Terrestrial-Entertainment I get the menu I sent you previously. I gather that F Terrestrial corresponds to the terrestrial_finder.xml file

Attached is the extract of lamedb with the channels I'm after - lamedb.txt. There are a few BSkyB/SkySp entries which I would ignore. What I seem to be missing is something which associates those provider codes with bouquets, although file "EXAMPLE_hd_terrestrial_finder_CustomLCN" in the "...../custom" folder matches the partial list I now obtain for that bouquet. The services associated with p=NTN.

Incidentally, when I use French channels the Infobar shows HbbTV. I am wondering if that is relevant perhaps indicating a different type. Maybe I just need to edit the xml file(s) and extend the EXAMPLE_... file?

An alternative might be to use the context menu when displaying channel lists which appears to allow me to create another bouquet and also to move services into the new bouquet. Would those persist in updates, backups, etc?

I'm attaching a selection of files mentioned above - and the logs. Looks like I had already enabled debug logging, so I just ran ABM again.

Incidentally, I may have missed the EPG guide pdf when I received the kit from WOS, but if not, it would be worth making that post sticky and even distributing the pdf with VIXed machines.

Thanks again. Please let me know if you need further files.

JerryK132VuPlusLogsEtc22.06.22.zip

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryK132 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    It seems that you are still viewing channels in provider mode. Please select favourites /bouquet mode.

If you manually move channels in ABM bouquets, the next ABM run will put then in order of ABM programming and custom files.

I have not looked at your files yet, just responding based on your posts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

JerryK132 (12-07-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, I missed the bit where you said you were using Terrestrial finder xml file. We don't have Jersey masts listed in the UK freeview provider file for ABM. I think one way to do things is to add the jersey mast to the UK Freeview areas.

However, adding the French Terrestrial services into bouquets using ABM may need a bit of work. In the interim, you can create a bouquet and add those French Terrestrial services. For now, it will be easier to select them using the Orbital/Terrestrial list instead of providers or bouquets. There should be a way to insert them into the other ABM bouquets, but I don't know how.

A channel list is here:
    Code:
    https://www.digitaltv.org.uk/resources/freeview-channel-list-channel-islands/
    Is it correct for Jersey?

Are you able to receive HD Terrestrial services?

For Reference purposes, BBC One CI is on 626 MHz
    Code:
        <customtransponders>
            <customtransponder key="custom" frequency="474000000" transport_stream_id="0001" system="0"/><!-- original_network_id="20fa" signalQuality="58439" channel="21" -->
            <customtransponder key="custom" frequency="498000000" transport_stream_id="0006" system="0"/><!-- original_network_id="20fa" signalQuality="53241" channel="24" -->
            <customtransponder key="custom" frequency="522000000" transport_stream_id="0003" system="0"/><!-- original_network_id="20fa" signalQuality="53241" channel="27" -->
            <customtransponder key="custom" frequency="594000000" transport_stream_id="0004" system="0"/><!-- original_network_id="20fa" signalQuality="58439" channel="36" -->
            <customtransponder key="custom" frequency="626000000" transport_stream_id="0002" system="0"/><!-- original_network_id="20fa" signalQuality="58439" channel="40" -->
            <!-- customtransponder key="custom" frequency="634167000" transport_stream_id="201e" system="0"/ --><!-- original_network_id="233a" signalQuality="09084" channel="41" -->
            <!-- customtransponder key="custom" frequency="658000000" transport_stream_id="104e" system="0"/ --><!-- original_network_id="233a" signalQuality="14282" channel="44" -->
            <customtransponder key="custom" frequency="674000000" transport_stream_id="000a" system="0"/><!-- original_network_id="20fa" signalQuality="55840" channel="46" -->
        </customtransponders>

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

JerryK132 (12-07-22)

Title
    Thanks
    I have added the Jersey mast to main provider file. Please test it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

JerryK132 (12-07-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks. Apologies for delay in responding - life got in the way of this project!

So I've taken your suggested route of creating my own France bouquet as well as populating the favourites bouquet with my chosen services. I did this using the menu key in the relevant contexts. I've updated the system more than once and also the various daily scans taking place have not impacted (removed) any of the services, so I'm happy with the result and didn't need to fiddle with lamedb or the xml files, etc.

Using the relevant bouquets and the EPGs is still confusing because I find the arrow/number key assignments to be a little inconsistent in the various modes. One moment I'm changing channels, the next I'm selecting days, or bouquets... Anyway that's fine for now.

Like many, I don't really use Freeview here as in Jersey we have a reduced service with around 40 channels instead of 130+ elsewhere. Thanks for adding the local mast Fremont Point which I enabled and worked generally ok although I am pointed south to France for TNT and not NorthEast from where I live. I didn't spot any of the local and Guernsey relay transmitters in the list, so I presume those haven't been added. It might help some people though if the label were something like CI Fremont Point.

Incidentally when you say: "Please select favourites /bouquet mode", how do I do that to switch from "provider" mode?

Finally I do have what may be an audio bug to report. This is probably not the place to report it (if not, where?) although it appears when I change from an AC3 channel to an AC3+ channel and I get silence. I then have to switch to an MPEG channel and then to AC3+ and all is well. I need to do more testing, but It may only affect AC3+ French channels... AC3 is in passthrough mode. Another way of retrieving sound when AC3+ is silent is to switch passthrough off and on again.

Thanks again

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    The audio thing is a driver problem. It will be in all images. The manufacturer needs to fix it.

We can't add any "relay" transmitters unless the full details are supplied.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

JerryK132 (12-07-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone advise on who I should contact for drivers and other such support? The vuplus.com site seems a little light on recent news (2018!) and doesn't even show the later model I purchased!

TIA

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    This is a known, reported problem for a long time. I doubt another complaint would make any difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast