Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: internal hard drive

Title
    Thanks

internal hard drive

Hi guys,

I want to install an internal hard drive to my technomate tm-nano se plus.

I have no user guide and so would like to know how to do this? Are there any videos or pictures available?

I know it takes an internal 2.5 HDD and I don't want to use an external drive.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I don't think it is too difficult, just a little fiddly.

I made a note that you remove two screws, then move the front panel out of the way. I guess that the whole top cover comes off, but that you need a bit of room to get the HDD into its slot.

After the HDD is installed you may have to format it using the menus.

I am not aware of any videos.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    I don't think it is too difficult, just a little fiddly.

I made a note that you remove two screws, then move the front panel out of the way. I guess that the whole top cover comes off, but that you need a bit of room to get the HDD into its slot.

After the HDD is installed you may have to format it using the menus.

I am not aware of any videos.
    Thanks mate.

Can you remember is there a caddy that holds the HDD?

Does it use a sata cable for connection?

Thanks again

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I have the Nano SE M2 which is very similar to yours. There is no caddy, just protruding lugs on the bottom of the case where you rest the HDD on. The screws go through the lugs to secure HDD in place. After you open the case, you unscrew the front panel to give you space. Don't yank on it. It is a combined sata cable and power cable. You should have this already. One one of the models, it was a chargeable extra. Not sure if that was your model.

Best to open it up and check.

Apologies if different to yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I have the Nano SE M2 which is very similar to yours. There is no caddy, just protruding lugs on the bottom of the case where you rest the HDD on. The screws go through the lugs to secure HDD in place. After you open the case, you unscrew the front panel to give you space. Don't yank on it. It is a combined sata cable and power cable. You should have this already. One one of the models, it was a chargeable extra. Not sure if that was your model.

Thanks for the picture boss. That's just what I needed.

I have opened mine but I didn't see a cable to connect the HDD so maybe my model was the one where it was a chargeable extra.

I have a Technomate 3t nano that's stopped working, won't power up, hopefully the HHD cable in it will be similar.

Wish I could find someone to fix the 3t nano as it was a great box. I think the cpu is gone.

Thanks again for the reply

Title
    Thanks
    So I have opened the nano se plus and tried using the sata cable from the broken 3t nano box.

Unfortunately the cable has a straight connection where as, from the above picture, I think I need a sata cable with a 90 degree bend.

Does anyone have one or know where the cable can be got?

If not I'll have to use an external HDD.

Thanks
    Last edited by CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE; 20-06-22 at 18:30.

Title
    Thanks
    Ѕky HD box - £1 on Εbay - has a 90° sata data lead.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

Hey, can you please say where you obtained the SATA combo cable from, and exactly what it is, it appears impossible to find this cable anywhere.

Title
    Thanks
    It came with the receiver. It is just a combined power and sata cable. You can use two separate ones if you can't find the official one. You will have to improvise with the power cable on on the motherboard end. I'll try and upload a separate picture in next few days.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry about long delay. If you want it, start a wanted thread. I only use that TM for raw stream recordings, not had a need to do it for a while. A USB stick will be fine for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images