Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: version 6 crash with xstreamity

Title
    Thanks

version 6 crash with xstreamity

Hello everybody,
    I waited to make this post thinking that with versions after 6.0 the problem would be solved, but I installed 6.2.003 and the problem is still there.
    in practice when I use the "xstreamity" application when I go back with the exit key, after 3-4 times the system freezes and I have to turn off the decoder,
    to premise that I have tried with other images and it works well, the problem has arisen with the version 6.0.
    the root has been moved to the SDcard so it cannot be a memory fact.

decoder zgemma H92H

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I use Xstreamity (I assume you mean Kiddac's IPTV plugin) all the time across all my boxes ... no issues.
    I have just tried on my Zgemma H92S (same image for both H2S & H2H) and gone up/down/in/out about 30+ times using the exit button at various levels in Xstreamity - no issues.

So I cannot do anything more without debug or crash logs (you say it crashes, so where is the crash log??).
    Xstreamity is not our plugin, but if there is an issue with Xstreamity I will try to resolve the issue.

So if you haven't done so, turn on debug logs Menu/setup/system/logs/settings ----> enable logs, save other than in flash, enable in extensions (means that when you hit Blue button, log app will show at top of list).

Then post crash/debug logs here (no need to zip, just attach them (click on Go Advanced button(bottom right here), will bring up Manage Attachments(bottom left))
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I have attached all the log files to make no mistake
    Last edited by twol; 27-06-22 at 15:38.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    So only the 3rd file is related to Xtremity. Rest are random.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Probably best removing that log and edit personal details then re upload

Title
    Thanks
    anyway I don't know if I'm talking nonsense, but maybe the crash is not reported because the decoder stops
    and I have to turn off the button on the back to restart it

Title
    Thanks
    The crash logs are interesting in so far as its showing issues on the sd card (a lot) e.g.
    EXT4-fs error: 8 callbacks suppressed
    <2>EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_lookup:1599: inode #2: comm vsftpd: deleted inode referenced: 4723201
    <2>EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_lookup:1599: inode #2: comm vsftpd: deleted inode referenced: 3148801
    <2>EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_lookup:1599: inode #2: comm vsftpd: deleted inode referenced: 11230721

so I would suggest that you re - format the disk and load the image
    The 1st crash is an assert error, which I am guessing is related to the disk issues.
    The 2nd crash is in crossepg ( do you run this every day and how is it setup?)…. If you can let me know and I will look further…. It looks a little bit like its not configured correctly or you are not using a typical setup selection.
    3rd - debug log shows an issue with Xstreamity and the way its keymap is setup … I will have a look at this next week and see if there is anything obvious.
    4th - - debug log - looks normal.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

geppoilfolle (11-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    3rd - debug log shows an issue with Xstreamity and the way its keymap is setup… I will have a look at this next week and see if there is anything obvious.

that's the problem, others don't bother,
    I will wait for your update otherwise I will be forced to install another image even if openvix is my favorite.

up to 5.4 everything was perfect

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geppoilfolle View Post
    3rd - debug log shows an issue with Xstreamity and the way its keymap is setup… I will have a look at this next week and see if there is anything obvious.

that's the problem, others don't bother,
    I will wait for your update otherwise I will be forced to install another image even if openvix is my favorite.

up to 5.4 everything was perfect
    OK ... does it always happen when you are playing a film (VOD) or normal TV channels as well?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I've tried a long time, it only happens on VODs,
    after 2-3 times I go back it freezes

12. The Following User Says Thank You to geppoilfolle For This Useful Post:

twol (11-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, a couple of options to improve your situation.
    First, I have made changes to Serviceapp plugin over the last few days to improve a few things, those changes will be in builds later than 6.2.005.002, and I am suggesting that Serviceapp plugin is used instead of the HiSilicon (H9) ServiceHiSilicon plugin.

1. Xstreamity - menu/main settings (at bottom of main settings)-------->> turn off posters - takes a lot of time downloading. Also picons if you don't need them.
    2. Download Serviceapp from the feeds (long press Blue button---> plugins, green button -> Download plugins--> systemplugins---> serviceapp
    Then in Menu/setup/system/serviceapp On 1st line --> Enigma2 playback system change to serviceapp. 2nd line change to exteplayer3, save and take the restart.

After that you shouldn't see any issues on the H9. Works fine for me.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (13-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello,
    thanks for the effort.
    doing some tests actually disabling the posters the plugin works well, so this is the problem?
    can it be solved?

for the service app solution instead it is not good,
    the system slows down a lot on VOD channel changes.
    I had to go back to the default which is much better

have a good day
    Last edited by geppoilfolle; 14-06-22 at 10:01.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geppoilfolle View Post
    Hello,
    thanks for the effort.
    doing some tests actually disabling the posters the plugin works well, so this is the problem?
    can it be solved?

for the service app solution instead it is not good,
    the system slows down a lot on VOD channel changes.
    I had to go back to the default which is much better

have a good day
    the delay in downloading the posters is a very time consuming process normally for any plugin and is totally dependent on from where its downloaded - once you have the information.

I should have said that the new updated serviceapp (which will not be available for a few days or so, as I have only just posted the update) is really much faster and I think when you have a chance to test that will be the best choice.

An alternative in the meantime is just to go to plugins and remove servicehisiliucon from the system plugins, you should find the alternative (servicemp3) better.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    OK just seen this post doing a quick google for recent mentions of my name.

Do note there was a bug in version 3.65 and 3.66 of xstreamity that meant it was mega slow to scroll through the lists. This is now fixed. Latest version is v3.69

I will tell you what is going wrong with XStreamity in your case. And I think it is all down to your provider.

Firstly the url is an alias. If you replace get.php with player_api.php and enter that in a browser it will show you the real url and there will be no need for a redirect then.

Some of the picons from this provider are ridiculously huge. One example I just looked at is 2400 x 2400 pixels. Like wow.

The initial vod covers that downloaded before replaced with TMDB covers are not particularly small. 600 x 900 pixels. My downloads are 400 x 600

Your vod section is very large. Nearly 9000 videos. Not extreme but still a lot. It is all info that has to be loaded in.

The latest release of xstreamity has an option to turn off picons and posters for this very reason. Poor providers not putting in the effort to resize images to a sensible size for apps and plugins.

Your box is probably crashing due to the huge images, large vod content, just overwhelming your boxes memory. (or as mentioned possibly faulty SD card)
    I have cache clearing going on in my plugin, but not everywhere.

I recommend you set up a swap manager (blue button > swap manager) on your usb/hdd if you haven't already done so. To help with memory issues.
    And also download and use cache flush plugin. Set at 20480 uncached memory size. To help clear the cache memory.

And if using service app, I highly recommend turning off debug logs when using this plugin as service app is very chatty and your log files soon swell to massive sizes.
    Last edited by kiddac; 21-06-22 at 00:02.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiddac For This Useful Post:

AL.B (21-06-22),twol (21-06-22)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks kiddac for your very interesting and exhaustive intervention, I understood the problem of very large covers, but I wrote this post because with the previous version of openvix everything was fine, I tried other images such as OpenATV, OpenSPA and Pure2 that I am using at the moment and they are all fine, so it is reasonable to think that the problem in addition to the covers is also due to Openvix 6.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast