Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Amiko Viper 4k stuck on boot problem after openatv 6.2 ...

Title
    Thanks

Amiko Viper 4k stuck on boot problem after openatv 6.2 ...

What steps to follow to overcome this? I have tried many firmware and with 3 different usb sticks.
    How can be install again multiboot v1.0 as i press the recovery button on the back but it is not working ...

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I have read and done all i have tried with 3 different usb and partition format done with tool and tried various firmwares recovery and mmc nothing! Does not work the rear button. After open atv 6.2 stuck the boot and with the open atv photo in screen.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Not sure multiboot existed back in 2016 when atv 6.2 was released.

Try a current image.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hatters1976 View Post
    I have read and done all i have tried with 3 different usb and partition format done with tool and tried various firmwares recovery and mmc nothing! Does not work the rear button. After open atv 6.2 stuck the boot and with the open atv photo in screen.
    I seem to remember that if you are still on the older Recovery Menu version (which I think only had a choice of 3 images and no network option, unlike the latest which is 4 images and can directly download from Internet, flash from USB still in .zip file etc.) then it was all about the timing to get into the Recovery Menu... It's a slightly recessed recovery button on the Viper 4K, you need to be ready to press it in but not actually press it in before applying the power, so be ready to press with a cocktail stick or end of screwdriver or whatever you are using and power on the box with the on/off switch on the back BUT wait until you first see 'boot' on the front screen and NOW press in and HOLD in the recovery button (again, not before you have seen it say boot on the front display) and now keep it pressed in until you see it say 'Updt' on the front display, when you see this and not before you can let go of the recovery button and wait a few seconds, after a while the Recovery Menu will be displayed on screen and you can go from there...

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks for this response finally after days i managed to install some firmware and eventually i have succeed to again install mutliboot that makes simple the update with just pressing the menu button. I have currently put the latest openvix. In that image i can install supcam? I see that needs only openpli?