Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: box does not connect to another network wifi or ethernet fine on my network

Title
    Thanks

Angry box does not connect to another network wifi or ethernet fine on my network

zedjemma h9se ethernet or wifi both work fine when new image installed picks it up straight away works fine at my house but when i want to take my box to a friends house and scan there wifi it finds there wifi and i put in there password it says wait while we connect wifi it says ok then never works even with Ethernet cable i do a network test on box and it just says please wait on ip address test and name server all other tests say ok ie lan adapter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lee3272 View Post
    zedjemma h9se ethernet or wifi both work fine when new image installed picks it up straight away works fine at my house but when i want to take my box to a friends house and scan there wifi it finds there wifi and i put in there password it says wait while we connect wifi it says ok then never works even with Ethernet cable i do a network test on box and it just says please wait on ip address test and name server all other tests say ok ie lan adapter
    Has your friend configured his router to filter on MAC addresses - the router has a white list of devices that can connect and your box is not on that list
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the answer but tried at a few different houses all the same no internet unless i flash a new vix image from fresh at there house then they all work straight away.
    From my house to theres they all say connected and get an ip address but you never get a green tick in box so no internet

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Are you definitely setting up your wifi and ethernet to use DHCP, or do you have a fixed IP address in your box?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers