Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Timer Problem

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timer Problem

Title
    Thanks

Timer Problem

Hi.

The problem - my timers are failing - the start date keeps advancing to a date in the future. I keep changing them to today's date and every time I re-check they have advanced (seemingly randomly) to a date in the future.

Here's what I did:

Online upgrade using the Vix menu > Image Manager (from 6.0.008 IIRC).
    I restored the settings.

I have tried deleting all the timers and re-entering them but still the same problem.

Regards.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
    Hi.

The problem - my timers are failing - the start date keeps advancing to a date in the future. I keep changing them to today's date and every time I re-check they have advanced (seemingly randomly) to a date in the future.

Here's what I did:

Online upgrade using the Vix menu > Image Manager (from 6.0.008 IIRC).
    I restored the settings.

I have tried deleting all the timers and re-entering them but still the same problem.

Regards.
    How far in future are the dates? Less than 7 days?

Are the timers being set by an Autotimer that is checking the EPG for any occurrence of that program and setting the timers accordingly? If so, are you excluding repeat showing of the program?

Or, are the dates changing on a one off manual set timer?

If you delete an autotimer you have to press the green button afterwards to save the action that you have deleted an autotimer .
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    1. Yes, less than 7 days in the future
    2. No, these are just "normal" timers.
    3. Manual set timer, the timers are set Mon-Fri, every week.
    4. Never used auto-timers.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    1. Yes, less than 7 days in the future
    2. No, these are just "normal" timers.
    3. Manual set timer, the timers are set Mon-Fri, every week.
    4. Never used auto-timers.
    Go to the timer list
    Highlight a timer that has changed date
    Press the "info" button on your remote
    You should get a log of what has happened with the timer
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    First, thanks for your help.
    This morning my timer did NOT start automatically, even though it was set correctly.
    I opened the timer, changed nothing and clicked the green button (save). The timer started recording immediately. Here is a screen shot of the timer and the log:

timer.jpgtimer1.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Your second screenshot shows a timer being set on 28 Apr at 15.42 - your box must have had the date advanced to that date and it set the next timer for 29 Apr at 07.58. That's why it didn't start automatically. When you opened the timer this morning at 08.06 and saved, then it started immediately.

You must have had some issue with the time setting on the box at some stage which moved the timers into the future.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Your second screenshot shows a timer being set on 28 Apr at 15.42 - your box must have had the date advanced to that date and it set the next timer for 29 Apr at 07.58. That's why it didn't start automatically. When you opened the timer this morning at 08.06 and saved, then it started immediately.

You must have had some issue with the time setting on the box at some stage which moved the timers into the future.
    No, I never set a timer for the 28th. Never had an issue with these timers (whch have worked for ages) until I updated the image.
    I've gone back to 6.0.006

Title
    Thanks
    No, I never set a timer for the 28th. Never had an issue with these timers (whch have worked for ages) until I updated the image.
    No - the timer was set on 28th at 15.42, which means your system clock was set to that date at some stage and it calculated that the next occurrence of the programme would be on the 29th. You get me? I don't know why your system time got moved into the future which is what caused the earlier timers to not kick off once your box got set to the correct time.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could it be a timer conflict? Have you any other timers set for that time of day - not necessarily every day but perhaps on just one day? The conflict could just be the overlap period (pre or post padding).
    Last edited by adm; 25-04-22 at 18:23.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The timer in post #5 doesn't appear to have a name ???

Title
    Thanks
    No - the timer was set on 28th at 15.42, which means your system clock was set to that date at some stage and it calculated that the next occurrence of the programme would be on the 29th. You get me?
    Yes, I get you now but I never moved the clock forward - it is set permanently to transponder time (default setting). And as I said, these timers have worked flawlesly in the old image for some time.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    The timer in post #5 doesn't appear to have a name ???
    This is probably because I was fiddling to try and fix the problem. It does indeed have a name.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Could it be a timer conflict? Have you any other timers set for that time of day - not necessarily every day but perhaps on just one day? The conflict could just be the overlap period (pre or post padding).
    No, Just three timers, all different times. These worked fine in the old image.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    The system clock was moved forward at some time - see screenshot in post #5. That messed up the timers. The $64k question is - how did the clock move forward? There is another thread with a similar issue where the clock is being set in the future.

I have had this problem before with my mutant HD51, which gets its time via NTP (not transponder) and a collision of ntpdate responses forces the system clock forward by double the time interval since the box was previously shut down. I only mention this as it's one way the clock can end up in the future. I'm not saying that it is the reason in this particular case, just exploring possibilities.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    The system clock was moved forward at some time - see screenshot in post #5. That messed up the timers. The $64k question is - how did the clock move forward? There is another thread with a similar issue where the clock is being set in the future.
    Is this happening at boot time? (Then being corrected by NTP/transponder shortly after, but not before, recording timers are first checked).
    If so, perhaps the hardware clock is being written/read incorrectly.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast