Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: zgemma h9 twin and problem with desynced clock?

Title
    Thanks

zgemma h9 twin and problem with desynced clock?

So ive noticed few days ago, that no matter which option to sync clock i use, whether its from transponder, or from ntp, first boot from deep standby, the clock is always desynced, and the only way to resync it, is to restart the box, i got only oscam and Chocholousek picons plugin installed, nothing else, no matter if im using default settings, or slightly customized, it starts to happen after few days, is there a way, to force time sync on every boot?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    When you say the clock is desynced, by how much is it wrong? By any chance is it showing the time when you last shut it down?

Do you shut the box down into deep standby regularly, and reboot it? Or, do you leave the box running and just put it in normal standby?

The reason I ask is that I shut my boxes down into deep standby and sometimes at boot time it doesn't get an NTP sync from WiFi, so the clock is in the past until the next NTP sync which happens every 30 minutes.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    When you say the clock is desynced, by how much is it wrong? By any chance is it showing the time when you last shut it down?

Do you shut the box down into deep standby regularly, and reboot it? Or, do you leave the box running and just put it in normal standby?

The reason I ask is that I shut my boxes down into deep standby and sometimes at boot time it doesn't get an NTP sync from WiFi, so the clock is in the past until the next NTP sync which happens every 30 minutes.
    Yes, its the time of the shutdown i think, or very close, everytime im done using, it goes into deepstandby, theres no reason to use regular standby if i want to turn off the box, cause the power usage is literally the same, im not using wifi, and it happens both on ntp and time from transponder, as i said, and it never updates unless restarted.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Which version of ViX are you running?

A debug log from deep standby might show what's (not) happening.

Set local time (menu/setup/system/logs/Logs settings) in Debug log time format when switching on debug logs.

l.jpg
    Last edited by ccs; 24-04-22 at 10:38.

Title
    Thanks
    OpenViX 6.1.003 (2022-03-27)
    i just turned on the box to set up the debug log, and ive noticed, that after turning on, the box displays correct time for like 3s, right after the epg channel shows up, and then it changes to incorrect time

So i got the log set up, should i just turn off the box now and boot it up again or wait until tomorrow and then boot it up, to reproduce the issue?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'd go to deep standby for 10 minutes or so to be sure the time looks wrong when you power up.

If you use transponder time, is the channel it boots up to broadcasting? There's an option to use the same channel every time you reboot.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok so ive waited over 30m, and it works good, so probably it breaks if its shut down for whole night/day, when the day actually changes, it doesnt matter which channel i use, its always the same, i have 3 boxes, every box is on a different channel and one is on a different satelite, and the issue is exactly the same on all of them, both from ntp (wifi and ethernet) and transponder time, so ill post more info tomorrow, when its desynced again i guess

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Szelest For This Useful Post:

ccs (24-04-22)

Title
    Thanks
    So i turned the box off yesterday around 17:00 CEST

Today, after first boot, the box says its 23:00 27.04.2022
    there are 2 logs, i dont know which is the current one cause the times are confusing
    Enigma2_debug_2022-04-27_22-59-37.log
    Enigma2_debug_2022-04-27_22-54-07.log

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No idea at the moment (if ever).

This looks really odd...

Code:
    22:54:19.2618 [Avahi] avahi_timeout_update
    18:03:05.6843 [Console] finished: /usr/bin/ntpdate-sync
    18:03:05.6844 [NetworkTime] setting E2 time: 1650816185.6844337
    22:54:24.4268 [eEPGChannelData] abort non avail schedule other reading

Title
    Thanks
    Well, i guess ill wait for next release then, since im waiting for couple of things to be implemented, and hopefully it fixes itself on a fresh install...