Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: zgemma h9twin - wake on lan front display/leds

Title
    Thanks

zgemma h9twin - wake on lan front display/leds

is there a way to disable all the leds/front display, when the box is in deep standby with wake on lan enabled (preferably even the ethernet port leds)?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    menu/setup/user interface/front panel display .....gives you some options, suggest you play with them and see if they meet your requirements.
    Unfortunately many are on/off only ... e.g. wol......... and you need that to wake from deep standby
    You can turn off the display completely... but means you have to do that each night.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    the default options just dont work when i have wol enabled, thats why im asking, i dont qite understand why these 2 functions are bound to be enabled/disabled together

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Szelest View Post
    the default options just dont work when i have wol enabled, thats why im asking, i dont qite understand why these 2 functions are bound to be enabled/disabled together
    Which image and release are you using??
    WOL & other stb options (such as Led & display) are not connected , they are different fields & values in the boxes Proc.
    I have a h9Combo which uses same image as the twin and I have just tested changing the led/display options and turning the wol off/on ..the wol setting makes no difference - you can turn display on/off, change the brightness level, dim, and enable/disable leds

When you change settings you can see the change immediately … but you then have to save the change(s)
    Last edited by twol; 31-03-22 at 16:54.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    what i meant is, when i turn off wol, and go to deep standby, theres no green led on the front and no clock, but when i turn on wol, and go to deep standby, theres green led and clock, ane the only way to disable the clock (and only clock, green led stays always on), is to disable the clock completly whether the box is on or off

and im using the newest vix release, just freshly installed, which is very nice, only the clock bothers me, id like to have it when the box is on, but not when its off
    and id like it off cuz when its time to go to sleep, this thing is so bright, it feels like power of the sun shining on my face, but i guess ill just turn it off completly, and learn to not use it anymore
    Last edited by Szelest; 31-03-22 at 21:25.

Title
    Thanks
    OK, understand.
    Turning off deepstandby led does work, but issue is clock........ and dimming doesn't work very well on this box either.
    Will have a think!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    WOL is not my thing, but doesn't the network card need power to react? So switching on WOL will use "nearly" deep standby ?

Title
    Thanks

Smile

@Szelest ... so added ability to run a script before entering standby (but will be in next release... not the one currently being built)
    Will mean that you can disable/enable the display/leds as you enter/leave deep standby - will post scripts when feature available.
    ... my wife will also appreciate this feature
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Szelest (06-04-22)

Title
    Thanks
    wow this is great, thanks, i cant wait for next release, already got 2 functions im waiting for

Title
    Thanks
    wow this is great, thanks, i cant wait for next release, already got 2 functions im waiting for
    When the next release comes out (could be a while build issues) then remind me as otherwise will forget perhaps!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    When the next release comes out (could be a while build issues) then remind me as otherwise will forget perhaps!
    im not sure when the next release comes out, but im reminding u, just in case its soon? :P

Title
    Thanks
    im not sure when the next release comes out, but im reminding u, just in case its soon? :P
    had forgotten!
    so unzip the attached file and copy the 2 attachments into /etc/enigma2 and your h9twin should enable and disable the LED at startup & shutdown
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Szelest (26-04-22)