Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AX HD61 CI slots Issue

Title
    Thanks

AX HD61 CI slots Issue

Hi Guys,

I have two Common Interface cards. I have a paid Subscriptions for both Canal Digitaal and for TV Vlaanderen. (Love watching Dutch and Flemish (Belgium) TV to help me learn Dutch)

For some reason i can't run both CI cards in both slots at the same time to receive channels from both services.

If i put the Canal Digitaal one in on the first slot, yes, i can receive the channels from that service. But if i put the TV Vlaanderen one in on the second slot, i'm not able to receive channels on either service. (Vice versa does the same)

I think some kind of conflict is happening on the CI side of things but i looked through the settings on the box, including CI settings, tried everything and can't seem to fix the problem.

My previous receiver was a Technomate which had 2 CI Slots and i had no issues with having those two CI cards in the slots at the same time.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Call me Miles.
    Last edited by TorukoJin; 14-03-22 at 10:39.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TorukoJin View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have two Common Interface cards. I have a paid Subscriptions for both Canal Digitaal and for TV Vlaanderen. (Love watching Dutch and Flemish (Belgium) TV to help me learn Dutch)

For some reason i can't run both CI cards in both slots at the same time to receive channels from both services.

If i put the Canal Digitaal one in on the first slot, yes, i can receive the channels from that service. But if i put the TV Vlaanderen one in on the second slot, i'm not able to receive channels on either service. (Vice versa does the same)

I think some kind of conflict is happening on the CI side of things but i looked through the settings on the box, including CI settings, tried everything and can't seem to fix the problem.

My previous receiver was a Technomate which had 2 CI Slots and i had no issues with having those two CI cards in the slots at the same time.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Call me Miles.
    my CI knowledge is minimal, but I am assuming they are both using Viaccess and this seems to have been a long term issue on all the images, something to do with using same CAID 0500 for Viaccess ??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    my CI knowledge is minimal, but I am assuming they are both using Viaccess and this seems to have been a long term issue on all the images, something to do with using same CAID 0500 for Viaccess ??
    Hi There,

The channels by the M7 Group on 23.5E is encrypted using Mediaguard, Nagravision, Viaccess. According to Lyngsat.

Yeah so it's a shame your CI knowleadge is limited, i hope someone else on this forum can help.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi There,

The channels by the M7 Group on 23.5E is encrypted using Mediaguard, Nagravision, Viaccess. According to Lyngsat.

Yeah so it's a shame your CI knowleadge is limited, i hope someone else on this forum can help.
    Yep, both are using the same encryption and that appears to be the issue.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Yep, both are using the same encryption and that appears to be the issue.
    Well it's normal. That's how they operate.

The issue is with the AX HD63 box. It's not handleing both CI Cards at the same time which is quite frsutarting for me.

Title
    Thanks
    Well it's normal. That's how they operate.

The issue is with the AX HD63 box. It's not handleing both CI Cards at the same time which is quite frsutarting for me.
    Unless this works on another enigma2 receiver, its an issue with Enigma2 and the fact that both cards are using the same encoding and using the same CAID 0500, so they cannot be seen as different cards by the software
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Unless this works on another enigma2 receiver, its an issue with Enigma2 and the fact that both cards are using the same encoding and using the same CAID 0500, so they cannot be seen as different cards by the software
    Ok, both services i mentioned are 0100 CAID. do you suggest me upgrading Enigma2 to the newest version (7.0)? would that solve the problem?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, both services i mentioned are 0100 CAID. do you suggest me upgrading Enigma2 to the newest version (7.0)? would that solve the problem?
    As always better to upgrade, but unfortunately from other reports, I believe its an issue with the cards using the same CAID, but maybe people that actually use these cards will have an answer..

I guess a quick fix (?) would be to buy a cheap zgemma, to run one card service and then pull those services into the HD61 (which is a really nice receiver) - once the bouquets are setup (and some cabling change) you will not notice much (if any) difference from just the single receiver.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Ok i called the World of Satellite store today regarding this. I hope the technicial guy sees this and might be able to help?