Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Auto Diseqc Detection?

Title
    Thanks

Auto Diseqc Detection?

Hello,

I live in an apartment building with quite a large deployment of coaxial points (I have one on each room). I am trying to find a method of detecting the distribution system behind this coaxial in hopes of being able to find a splitting mechanism. Near my TV, I have a coaxial point connected to my twin-tuner Vu+ Uno 4K SE. From the coaxial point, I can get a single cable that carries 3 satellite positions (13E, 7W, 26E) on Port A, B, C (under Advanced settings for my tuner selection). I would like to use the single point to split this signal to two so I can run two cables into the box. The use case will be to record and to dedicate some of the tuners to SAT2IP > TVH.

If I am able to detect the distribution, I am hoping to find a splitter which can take the single coaxial faithfully, and split the Port A, B, C into two coaxial cable to the 2 tuners, and potentially watch on channel on the box, and stream another (from another satellite position). For fuller information, the tuner in the box is FBC capable.

Any thoughts on how I can approach this? Thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    I am doubtful that I can access the building's system (large gated community that serves loads of villas/apartment buildings), but what I can probably do is connect another cheaper FBC box to another room, and see if I can ethernet that tuner to my main box (although, it may just be that I can use that box for SAT2IP exclusively). Thanks very much for all your help!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You received replies on another forum. The FBC tuner with non-unicable input will work as internal loop through. You will only be able to receive same plane/quadrant as the main tuner. You are wasting money getting another receiver with FBC tuner. A non-FBC tuner will do the limited function you intend. Remember, it is pot luck with no feedback as to why the client won't work.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

JuicerVu (14-03-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry about that (it's late here). Loud and clear. Thanks for your help.