Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: what does it take for WOS to honour warranty -tale of a dodgy Zgemma H7S.

Title
    Thanks

what does it take for WOS to honour warranty -tale of a dodgy Zgemma H7S.

A friend of mine asked a while back to recommend a box so I did and said get it from WOS. It was a zgemma H7S and all it has given him is trouble but worst of all WOS ignored him after one reply " Re flash box"

A few days ago he contacted me again asking was there such a thing as box that worked and all he needed was one sat and one DTT tuner. I asked about the H7S and got the story. I was surprised WOS did not want to know. I asked for the box and as I have a H7S myself I would give it a go.

The fault from the outset was as follows. It came with openvix loaded and all one had to do was scan channels. After a few days it would hang. Powering off at back would result in BOOT in front and nothing else. Trying powering off and on would result in image eventually loading and again after a few hours it would hang. This went on for ages and hence call to WOS.

Since yesterday, I have re-flashed with Openvix using recovery, set up epg, picons, network, skins and after 5 hours. I opted to use multiboot, with VIX image manager and it went through flashing and then hung with an onscreen error and went back to vix. After another few hours it hung. I treid openatv with recovery, I tried pure2, still same result. I disconnected the SSD, I changed the power pack. I put epg on a usb. I have now gone back to a bare bones Openvix latest version and yes it will freeze the picture but still play sound. and yes when powered off and on at back it will hang on BOOT. It will hang on DTT channels as well as Sat channels, It will hang while accessing box using FTP via winscp.

If this is not a faulty piece of hardware then I'm a dutchman.

Unless someone knows a fix that I am not aware of.

I may try HDF tomorrow if its raining.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    A friend of mine asked a while back to recommend a box so I did and said get it from WOS. It was a zgemma H7S and all it has given him is trouble but worst of all WOS ignored him after one reply " Re flash box"

A few days ago he contacted me again asking was there such a thing as box that worked and all he needed was one sat and one DTT tuner. I asked about the H7S and got the story. I was surprised WOS did not want to know. I asked for the box and as I have a H7S myself I would give it a go.

The fault from the outset was as follows. It came with openvix loaded and all one had to do was scan channels. After a few days it would hang. Powering off at back would result in BOOT in front and nothing else. Trying powering off and on would result in image eventually loading and again after a few hours it would hang. This went on for ages and hence call to WOS.

Since yesterday, I have re-flashed with Openvix using recovery, set up epg, picons, network, skins and after 5 hours. I opted to use multiboot, with VIX image manager and it went through flashing and then hung with an onscreen error and went back to vix. After another few hours it hung. I treid openatv with recovery, I tried pure2, still same result. I disconnected the SSD, I changed the power pack. I put epg on a usb. I have now gone back to a bare bones Openvix latest version and yes it will freeze the picture but still play sound. and yes when powered off and on at back it will hang on BOOT. It will hang on DTT channels as well as Sat channels, It will hang while accessing box using FTP via winscp.

If this is not a faulty piece of hardware then I'm a dutchman.

Unless someone knows a fix that I am not aware of.

I may try HDF tomorrow if its raining.
    Good morning, we've got no idea who you're friend is, but if he has an open support ticket he should reply to it via his emails. Or open a new support ticket here: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/ providing his order ID / number. If he was asked to reflash the device we would have expected a reply from him if this didn't resolve his issue.

At this stage we have no idea even if his receiver is still under warranty or not.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Open support ticket here: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/

It took me three ZGemma H7S from WOS before I got one that stayed working without problems, so there are bad batches of them or something.

WOS were a little reluctant to take the first one back but they did.
    Let them see that you know what you're talking about and I think they will help you if you're still in your 2 year guarantee period.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokenUnusableAccount For This Useful Post:

bmitie (28-02-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Is it 2 years or one? This version of H7S has internal HDD. By the way my H7S has the ssd at the rear ie it slots in no need to open box. I did not buy from WOS
    Last edited by bmitie; 28-02-22 at 18:52.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Zgemma purchases from January 2020 1 year.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

bmitie (28-02-22)