Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can you change the default receiving lnb in a triple monoblock?

Title
    Thanks

Can you change the default receiving lnb in a triple monoblock?

Hi Guy's, I'm hoping someone out there can help with this issue:

I have triple quad 19.2˚E, 23.5˚E and 28.2˚E lnb monobloc setup and can receive signals and tune channels from all three satellites by using disecq switching on my VU Duo2. However I have now acquired a Manhatten SX "freeview" receiver and I would like to connect it to one of the lnb feeds to receive UK tv feeds with full EPG on my second TV. I have connected the Manhatten box to an individual feed from the monobloc however I get no signal. After a little investigation I have found that the triple monobloc I have defaults to the Sat A 19.2 lnb with no disecq switching signal. This is obviously not the correct lnb as the lnb signal the "freeview" box is looking for to tune it's channels is Sat C 28.2, and as there is no option in the Manhatten box to use disecq control to switch to the correct lnb it sees no signal.

I have thought about realigning the dish to receive the 28.2 satellite on the 19.2 lnb, but this defeats the purpose of having the triple monobloc and means loosing the signals from the other satellites. This is doable, as I primarily use the 28.2 signal, but before I do this I was wondering firstly if my analysis is correct, and if so, is there is another way of solving the problem without loosing my existing setup.

Therefore my question is, is there any way to change the default lnb from Sat A 19.2 to Sat C 28.2?

Below are the disecq specs for the Triple Feed LNB monoblock I have.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

Control, Satellite A/B/C/D Selection DiSEqC 1.0 (Sat A* = ASTRA 19.2° East, Sat B = ASTRA 23.5° East, Sat C = ASTRA 28.2° East)
    * Default Satellite Reception

Polarity info

Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection V, L, 19.2°E 13V, 0kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat A
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection V, H, 19.2°E 13V, 22kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat A
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection H, L, 19.2°E 18V, 0kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat A
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection H, H, 19.2°E 18V, 22kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat A
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection V, L, 23.5°E 13V, 0kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat B
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection V, H, 23.5°E 13V, 22kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat B
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection H, L, 23.5°E 18V, 0kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat B
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection H, H, 23.5°E 18V, 22kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat B
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection V, L, 28.2°E 13V, 0kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat C
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection V, H, 28.2°E 13V, 22kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat C
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection H, L, 28.2°E 18V, 0kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat C
    Polarity , Band & Satellite Selection H, H, 28.2°E 18V, 22kHz, DiSEqC1.0: Sat C

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    A Monoblock LNB in essence three separate LNBs with a diseqc switch built in. Without the ability to tweak or adjust which is port 1 etc. Yes you can shift focus so LNB 1 points to 28.2, but LNB 2 and 3 will then be pointing somewhere else as you have mentioned. In short, no you can't do what you want with that LNB. You would need to get a multi LNB holder and diseqc switches and LNBs to fulfill your requirements.

You could also get a cheap E2 receiver which will receive the FTA services on 28.2 or indeed the other two satellites. You can make your bouquets/channel lists exactly like Freesat.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response its pretty much what I had expected. I should have said the Manhatten box is a freesat box not freeview and comes with an enhanced program guide. I could go for a second E2 receiver but I was hoping some one had devised a small in line device that I could place between the Manhatten box and the monobloc that generated an sent a disecq signal to select the 28.2 lnb. So my choice seems to be realign the dish and lose the other two satellites or buy another E2 receiver.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Why not use a second dish for freesat and leave the original dish alone?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    I think the lesson here is don't buy crap boxes that can't be configured.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!