Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Amiko Viper 4K v40 Twin DVB-S2X Setup Help

Title
    Thanks

Amiko Viper 4K v40 Twin DVB-S2X Setup Help

Hi there,

Just bought Amiko Viper 4K v40 Twin DVB-S2X, and had a massive fail trying to install it,

Bought it with OpenVIX flashed,

Bought it to replace an AMIKO Alien 2 triple box bought back in 2013.

On switching on it did a 1st time install and found some channels but not the FTA Spanish ones on ASTRA and Hotbird, (this box is for my parents) and they just watch the FTA Spanish channels of which there are about 8.

However it found one or 2 but not all of them

They have a dish, 2 quad LMB's, signal is still coming thru as old box just keeps freezing after random number of hours on, so signal is still coming thru.

I thought I would try a BLINDSCAN (not too sure that that is) and only wanted FTA channels but no matter what I did it didn't seem to find any more channels.

Also as its a twin I found out that one of the cables was brining no signal, it sort of explains why recording and trying to change the channel on old box never worked.

SO questions, can I do a factory reset to undo any error I may have introduced, or does that affect this OpenVIX install.
    On Setup it found the Wifi, but I didn't understand how to connect it? so never connected to wifi.
    I couldn't seem to figure out how to do a channel name search for found channels, as thought of the 3000 found that might have been the easier thing, as thats what i remember doing on the olde box but couldn't figure out how to do it,
    Also no idea, if I found a channel, how to create a fav groups, as parents just need those 8 channels.

So help please

Or simple setup to success, is there a video?

Sorry about all the questions, ovef to you all...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    With regards to selecting services, press up next to OK, look at bottom of screen. The buttons will say what you favourites, provider, satellite, all/extended. Select satellite, find the channel you want, press menu, add to favourites ok. Do that for all 8 channels you want. Next time you press up, instead of satellite, say favourites, select Favourite bouquet. That will only have the 8 channels you added.

See this guide:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post499697

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez66 View Post
    Hi there,

Just bought Amiko Viper 4K v40 Twin DVB-S2X, and had a massive fail trying to install it,

Bought it with OpenVIX flashed,

Bought it to replace an AMIKO Alien 2 triple box bought back in 2013.

On switching on it did a 1st time install and found some channels but not the FTA Spanish ones on ASTRA and Hotbird, (this box is for my parents) and they just watch the FTA Spanish channels of which there are about 8.

However it found one or 2 but not all of them

They have a dish, 2 quad LMB's, signal is still coming thru as old box just keeps freezing after random number of hours on, so signal is still coming thru.

I thought I would try a BLINDSCAN (not too sure that that is) and only wanted FTA channels but no matter what I did it didn't seem to find any more channels.

Also as its a twin I found out that one of the cables was brining no signal, it sort of explains why recording and trying to change the channel on old box never worked.

SO questions, can I do a factory reset to undo any error I may have introduced, or does that affect this OpenVIX install.
    On Setup it found the Wifi, but I didn't understand how to connect it? so never connected to wifi.
    I couldn't seem to figure out how to do a channel name search for found channels, as thought of the 3000 found that might have been the easier thing, as thats what i remember doing on the olde box but couldn't figure out how to do it,
    Also no idea, if I found a channel, how to create a fav groups, as parents just need those 8 channels.

So help please

Or simple setup to success, is there a video?

Sorry about all the questions, ovef to you all...
    A total factory reset will put you back to the startup wizard so you will lose everything that you have done before and have to re enter the information - just like a new image flash
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Which Spanish channels?

Spanish national channels and not FTA on satellite.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all thanks for that.
    I've no channels at the moment on the box, as I found the clear thing when it scans. So at a guess it's probably best for me to do a factory reset as it's not finding any channels at the moment, as I've obviuolsy done something wrong.

As for spanish FTA channels and check if this online will find that there are spanish FTA available. For example TVE International on Hotbird and Canal Sur and Galicia on Astra, but only about 8 channels.

Does anyone know how to perhaps just type in the frequency to just get what I'm looking for. As I said all these are still live as our olde Amiko box is still just about working.

Anyone watching FTA spanish channels?

But also how do I get the WiFi to work if that might help?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    I said no national channels. TVE International is just patriotic propaganda.
    Last edited by Huevos; 06-02-22 at 17:14.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, had to take a rest but fighting with setting box up again.

I did a factory reset, twice now. I found that it did find all the channels I was looking for. But like 3000 found.

What I want to do, as have twin lnb's one point Astra one pointing hotbird is how to do just a FTA scan on both Sat's.

I did found but now lost how to just search for the 8 freqs for the 8 channels that my parents watch. But each time I did a scan, it then whipped out the channels from the previous scan. I was doing this to potential only have a list of 80 channels rather than 3k.

I also couldn't find how to do a channel search or re-org of channels found. The only way I cna find to go thru channels found is by bringing the EPG up. As it might be easier for me to delete channels they don't want....

Any help would be great....

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    The idea is you scan first and then create a bouquet list of the channels you want.

After scanning use DreamBoxEdit to make a channel list and send i to the box.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, have the box working now, but it keeps giving an error as it can't connect to the Internet.

Can you tell me how to connect to our broadband, as I'm not a Unix guy and the network setting s don't make any sense to me. The box has OpenVix installed, thanks