Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How many unicable II lnb's can I put on a single cable before I need a power inserter ?

Title
    Thanks

Question How many unicable II lnb's can I put on a single cable before I need a power inserter ?

I have a few dishes, and am dreaming thinking of putting unicable II lnb's on a 80cm Triax dish to pick up 13E/19.2E/28.2E with only one cable back to the receiver. The receiver itself is a VU+ Duo 4K SE and this will plug into one tuner. Two of the other tuners are presently connected to a universal lnb pointed at 28.2E, and the fourth connects to a universal lnb on my 1m motorised Triax dish.

I'm guessing three unicable II lnb's would draw too much current from one tuner, and that I would need a unicable power inserter at the dish which I don't want to do. The question is, can I use two of the lnb's on the single cable without a power inserter, or can these tuners only supply enough current for one lnb ? That would mean the end of this dream !

Whether or not I can fit unicable II lnb's close enough together to get 13E and 19.2E can wait for another day
    VU+ Duo 4K SE with 4 S2 tuners and usb T2 tuner | Synology DS920 for recordings | Freesat UK on Sky dish | 80cm fixed dish on 13E | 100cm motorised dish | TVMosaic | Emby | TBS5990 | HDHomerun

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Wouldn't you also have to re-program 2 of the unicable LNBs? or maybe all 3 so there are no clashes?
    Last edited by adm; 05-02-22 at 20:08.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Not a direct answer to your question, if you are going to use multiple unicable devices on one signal wire, you will need to program them. Might be cheaper to run another shotgun cable.

I do know that people care using two unicable devices using two wires on the same card/matrix/module/unit.

Title
    Thanks
    Wouldn't you also have to re-program 2 of the unicable LNBs? or maybe all 3 so there are no clashes?
    I'm still waiting for details from WOS support on exactly what to do, but I believe they have to be individually programmed to identify them as LNB1, LNB2, LNB3.

Not a direct answer to your question, if you are going to use multiple unicable devices on one signal wire, you will need to program them. Might be cheaper to run another shotgun cable.

I do know that people care using two unicable devices using two wires on the same card/matrix/module/unit.
    Thanks for that. I'm more interested in using the one cable if it can be done, partly as a challenge, and partly to keep the wiring down Due to that I didn't want to run a power insertion cable either, and I think that is the one that may derail this idea. If I have to run that, then I may as well simply use shotgun cable as you suggest and save £££'s.
    VU+ Duo 4K SE with 4 S2 tuners and usb T2 tuner | Synology DS920 for recordings | Freesat UK on Sky dish | 80cm fixed dish on 13E | 100cm motorised dish | TVMosaic | Emby | TBS5990 | HDHomerun

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Just to clarify, the power inserter is indoors, there is no separate cable to the LNB.

You don't need to wait for WOS, I can confirm you can combine multiple LNBs. They have to be programmable, you must program them, they must have a combiner. You are looking at 120+ for the programmer. The inverto Satpal doubles as a meter and programmer. I am not sure where you can get the combiner.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Traction Tim (06-02-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you, thats nailed it. I'll put a plan together now