Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing 7 day EPG for some channels

Title
    Thanks

Missing 7 day EPG for some channels

Hi there,

Using Openvix on Zgemma H7s.

I'm not sure where to access my EPG sources. The box was set up when I bought it. I've tweaked the channels using e-channelizer. I can get a 7 day EPG for pretty much all FTA channels bar a few which are:
    Dave ja Vu
    Drama +1
    HGTV +1
    Yesterday +1
    Great Movies+1
    Great Action +1

I think I'm right in saying these channels don't feature on Freesat? Is that why they don't have full EPG? Is there a way to get a 7 day EPG for them. I've tried searching online but can't seem to find a simple guide to setting up sources. There is Cross EPG and EPG importer installed on the box as well as autobouquetsmaker but I'm not sure where I should be looking. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks very much.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    I think the easiest thing is probably to enable receiving the Sky EPG (and possibly then disable the Freesat EPG, but that's not normally essential).

This should help: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63896

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have said sources more than once. Are you by any chance using Rytec EPG data downloaded using EPG importer plugin?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    I think the easiest thing is probably to enable receiving the Sky EPG (and possibly then disable the Freesat EPG, but that's not normally essential).

This should help: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63896
    Thanks. I agree it seems I'm not getting the Sky EPG. I'm just afraid to go messing with settings as I'm not sure what's taking care of the EPG currently as there's ABM, CrossEPG and EPG Importer as mentioned. It seems that ABM is doing something as the settings seem active under that. The other ones don't seem to show any sources. Can ABM pull EPG info?

Title
    Thanks
    ABM does bouquets/channel list. ABM has nothing to do with EPG acquisition, once you have set up your bouquet creation, leave ABM alone. Do not involve ABM with EPG issues.

What do you want to use to obtain EPG? Make your choice, and stick to that one. You can change your mind and use another process later, but don't do two processes together. Hopefully people will only offer advice on the process you want to use instead of adding confusion by making reference to another process.

Your choices are:
    Obtain 28.2 EPG from the satellite stream. Automate zapping process using OpenTV EPG Downloader. See above thread
    Obtain 28.2 EPG from the satellite stream. Automate zapping process using another method
    Obtain EPG download from the stream using CrossEPG EPG downloader plugin. OpenTV EPG division
    Obtain Freesat EPG from the satellite stream. Will require automation of zapping or slow absorption

Download Rytec EPG data from interweb using EPG importer plugin
    Download Rytec EPG data from interweb using CrossEPG downloader plugin

There are obviously quite a few options. I would plead to people helping to offer advice on your chosen process only and not add confusion. I would suggest you use the thread that Brian has posted a link to.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOctober77 View Post
    . I'm trying to get some channels that are on sky epg but not on freesat.
    What are you actually wanting to do:

Add channels to your bouquets?
    Obtain EPG data?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I have full 7 day EPG but missing for a handful of channels as mentioned above. My guess is that's because my EPG is coming from Freesat rather than sky. Hence my questions about EPG sources.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Then use OpenTV EPG downloader instead of Freesat.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (03-02-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Then use OpenTV EPG downloader instead of Freesat.
    Cheers. Anyway, I was in and out of the settings yesterday and whatever I did it's now working. I'm getting EPG for all the channels mentioned. It's still showing that my sources are Freesat Uk and Saorview (Irish Freeview). Sadly I've no idea what I did!
    Thanks anyway.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers. Anyway, I was in and out of the settings yesterday and whatever I did it's now working. I'm getting EPG for all the channels mentioned. It's still showing that my sources are Freesat Uk and Saorview (Irish Freeview). Sadly I've no idea what I did!
    Thanks anyway.
    Now run through your EPG until you get to the 7th day in the future and see if all the EPG for all channels is there. if you at some time tuned into the sky IEPG channel while you were experimenting you will have got the 7 day EPG for all the FTA channels but if your settings are still incorrect you will not automatically get the 7 day EPG for your previously blank channels again. Today you may only have 6 days of EPG and tomorrow 5 days of EPG (for the previuosly blank channels).
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Thanks anyway.
    Just to add to what @adm posted - if you want to automatically enable the OpenTV 7 day EEPG download, go into the EPG menu and you will find the OpenTV downloader. It has settings for enabling it and how frequently you want it run.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    It's still showing that my sources are Freesat Uk and Saorview (Irish Freeview).
    Please show a picture of what you are seeing. Hopefully it will clarify what you mean by sources.

Guide to screenshots here if you need it:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry. Didn't get to check forum recently. 7 day epg seems to be consistent now. I will keep monitoring. I'll try to take some screen shots soon.