Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I add saterlite list xml files

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Purely on mechanical grounds I wouldn't be surprised if the vertical mounting pole moves when the disk moves through 140 degrees.
    Have you actually viewed what happens to the pole when the dish is travelling?
    Does the dish move in a moderate wind?
    yes it does move in wind and i have plan to restrain the mount from above. It is a windy site yes I do have to realign it in winter. At moment its aligned but get i cant anything above 30w or 35e etc possiblt due to location of dish i guess.

i was thinking of having it moved in the summer to the corner of the house just above eaves line of pitched roof. Only prblem is being a windy site I would need a ladder to get up their Thats why i placed it on a garden mount pole and can get 30E to 30w but with realigning in winter(currenly aligned )

Title
    Thanks
    ALIEN1X probably needs to check that his ambitions are feasible

To check blocking etc.

Go to dishpointer.com
    Type in the postcode and select a satellite and press search (every time that a new satellite selected press search again)
    A green line showing the bearing to the satellite should appear on the map.
    Click on the green blob at the end of the line and drag it to the exact dish location.
    There should be a tick box (top right hand corner of the map) to show obstacles. This will put a red blob on the green bearing line. Click and drag this blob along the line. It will show the height (above the dish which will/may block the signal. At the extreme of the dish position at even 100meters distance away something 2 metres above the height of the dish may block the signal.
    I will definatley look kinto this

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    @ALIEN1X - I have commented before on the suitability (or otherwise) of your setup for motorised satellite reception. See here - https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post506924

Using a dish and motor mounted on a long pole like you have is not a good starting point for multi-satellite reception. It will move or sway in the wind or even when the dish moves. As the dish is down almost at ground level it will not see the whole arc of satellites as it will be blocked by trees, houses etc. If you can receive from 30E to 30W that is probably the best you can hope for on a good day.
    Yes I fully uinderstand now. I thought I may get beyound 30E to 30W when looking at the saterlight xml site when enetering my co-ordinates, I did not think about obsticals like the houses that could be blocking that range that im trying to achive. However has metioned by otherS on this thread I guess theres nothing much beyond 30E -30W?
    To be honest I was hoping to see if I can get Live FTA soccer that are transmited on other sats most are beyond 30E -30W that was my aim.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Download the xml file, transfer it to /etc/enigma2, restart your receiver. Scan. If you are in the footprint of the satellite and your dish stays straight and there are no obstructions, you will receive services. Otherwise not. Several people in the UK watch services on 42E on the Western Europe beam.

You need to post a picture of where your dish is looking to show whether there are obstructions or not. If there are no obstructions, nothing wrong with a dish on the ground.

Title
    Thanks
    One of the recommendations in that linked thread is to dig a 3 foot hole for a single pole and fill the hole with lots of concrete. This may not work if on London clay and difference in ground level water content causes clay heave and a once vertical pole becomes tilted. Possibly a wide base and triangular supports to the top of the pole would be better.
    Yes you are correct hence why I have to keep realigning in winter. Its on the ground so I can maintain it as im on windy site.
    The pole has a base plate bolted down on 100mm thick 600x600 con paving slab on compacted sand and hardcore on top of all that its weighted down with dense concrte blocks.
    its been like that for 15 years

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Please be specific. Which channels?
    Still no answer.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Still no answer.
    what I was trying to do is get all the sats scaned and tuned in, so thats all TV channels that are available . Looking at the above posts it looks like my dish locaton could be restricting me of what i was trying to achive.
    I will do a screen shot of what can scan and see.
    Im not interes intersted in radio channels but there is no option in openvix I belive to have TV only scanned

Title
    Thanks
    i will post pictures of my dish looking out and screen shots of what is scaned

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    what I was trying to do is get all the sats scaned and tuned in, so thats all TV channels that are available .
    Also known as mission impossible. Unless there is something you actually want to watch you're wasting your time.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Download the xml file, transfer it to /etc/enigma2, restart your receiver. Scan. If you are in the footprint of the satellite and your dish stays straight and there are no obstructions, you will receive services. Otherwise not. Several people in the UK watch services on 42E on the Western Europe beam.

You need to post a picture of where your dish is looking to show whether there are obstructions or not. If there are no obstructions, nothing wrong with a dish on the ground.
    As requested see attached
    I have attached pics of what saterlights have been picked up from my scan after attaching xml file and rescanning.
    I have attached pics of the channels picked up on the last 2 saterlights on my scan as being the extreme ends

I think the extreme ends both East and West are restricted due to my dish location.East.jpg28.2e and 19.2e.jpg0.08w.jpgWest.jpgscan sats page 1.jpg39e channel.jpg31.5e channel.jpg30.w channel.jpg4.0w channel.jpg
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 20-01-22 at 12:28.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A panoramic picture is worth a thousand words. My guess is that you cannot actually see any satellites beyond +/- 30 degrees from the centre axis of your dish because the height of trees and houses are above the sight-line for any satellite beyond those limits.

img1 - img3.jpg
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ops missed a photo in the panorama

img1 - img4.jpg
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-01-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I think the trees are alright, they are far and low enough. He'll probably be fine with a ground mount too, maybe even better.

Those Triax dishes are a pain to get right.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Turksat at 42E would be at about 19.5 degrees elevation from the OP's location. He's receiving 39E (although I only see one service on his screenshot), but not showing 42E on his list, so maybe it's just blocked from view. The west facing transponders from 42E boom in for me on an 80cm dish at 6W longitude, but my dish is mounted at first-floor window level. Height and proximity of trees and houses in an easterly direction prevent me receiving anything further east than 45E.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Guess Im stuck with what I have and make do.
    When the weather is right, I will need to stablise the pole better.
    I was thinking of moving the dish higher fixed to the house so dish is just above eves/facia level but if it goes out of alignment on a windy day as its a windy corner i will have trouble getting up there. Hence why I settled for ground location.

I really appriciated everyones help on advise on this thanks
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 20-01-22 at 17:49. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast