Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I add saterlite list xml files

Title
    Thanks

Question How do I add saterlite list xml files

I have created a new a saterlite list xml file off the web.
    How do i add or import ths into my ETt8500 reciver?

Do I delete my existing saterlight list first and how do I do this?
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 14-01-22 at 23:43. Reason: Typos

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    What do you mean "off the web"?

What was missing from the supplied xml?

Put your file in /etc/enigma2 ... and don't forget to keep it up to date.

Remove it and the box will drop back to the supplied system file.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Yes the xml files of the web.

I reflashed my box et8500 as its was too slow and hanging when starting, also saved sat scans went missing.
    So after usb reflash it went thru wizzard and asked to scan for sats So I chose simple with multiscan option and selected my sats from 1.93e to 75w as a manual scan.

Then after setup, when clicking on tv remote button secting green button for sats and then extention option list all my sats it only shows 39e to 30w?

So thought I would try the sat xml site entered my longitude and latitude which gave me results form 76.5E to 75W so downloaded that xml into etc/enigma2

Still not picked up that sat range only shows 39e to 30w,

After loadig the xml file I did not rescan or should I do that?
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 18-01-22 at 19:13. Reason: typos

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    Yes the xml files of the web.
    What xml file from where on the web.

I reflashed my box et8500 as its was too slow and hanging when starting
    Which skin?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    What xml file from where on the web.

Which skin?
    xml was created and downloaded from :

http://satellites-xml.org/

skin im using is:
    Vix hd night skin 1080

image is openvix latest version 6

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ..... use the simple_1080 skin for the time being, to avoid your box hanging.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ..... use the simple_1080 skin for the time being, to avoid your box hanging.
    you mean the current skin as that came as default option after flashng.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    What satellite dishes are you using? Have you got a clear line of site to the arc you are trying to scan? Is the dish set up properly?

What are you trying to receive between 30W and 75W as there is pretty much nothing there for people that live in Europe?
    Same after 39E, maybe a bit from the 42E west beam.

Also if your dish is set up wrong most like that will show worse at either end of the arc.

Title
    Thanks
    My dish is set properly
    Im scanning for all sats that I can pick up between 70e top 75w.

Perhaps my location is only allowing me to pickup up from 30e to 30w? Im based in East London and dish is pole mounted on the ground in back garden?

Am I right in sayinmg that during a manual or auto scan, the receiver only saves what channels and sats it can pick up based on my location and line of site- regarldless of what sats I select (selected all between 70e to 75w)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    All the valid satellites are in the xml already - you do not need to update it. There isn't much on Ku band west of 30W except for a few feeds. You should get a few sats beyond 39e - if you cant get 42e (Turksat) or 45e then either something is blocking the signal (such as a tree or building) or else your dish is not aligned correctly. Also bear in mind that most of the beams on those birds close to our horizon are not targetted at western europe and cannot be easily received here if at all.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My dish is set properly
    Im scanning for all sats that I can pick up between 70e top 75w.

Perhaps my location is only allowing me to pickup up from 30e to 30w? Im based in East London and dish is pole mounted on the ground in back garden?
    Purely on mechanical grounds I wouldn't be surprised if the vertical mounting pole moves when the disk moves through 140 degrees.
    Have you actually viewed what happens to the pole when the dish is travelling?
    Does the dish move in a moderate wind?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (19-01-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    if you cant get 42e (Turksat) or 45e then either something is blocking the signal (such as a tree or building) or else your dish is not aligned correctly. Also bear in mind that most of the beams on those birds close to our horizon are not targetted at western europe and cannot be easily received here if at all.
    ALIEN1X probably needs to check that his ambitions are feasible

To check blocking etc.

Go to dishpointer.com
    Type in the postcode and select a satellite and press search (every time that a new satellite selected press search again)
    A green line showing the bearing to the satellite should appear on the map.
    Click on the green blob at the end of the line and drag it to the exact dish location.
    There should be a tick box (top right hand corner of the map) to show obstacles. This will put a red blob on the green bearing line. Click and drag this blob along the line. It will show the height (above the dish which will/may block the signal. At the extreme of the dish position at even 100meters distance away something 2 metres above the height of the dish may block the signal.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1X (19-01-22),ronand (19-01-22)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    What are you trying to receive
    Please be specific. Which channels?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @ALIEN1X - I have commented before on the suitability (or otherwise) of your setup for motorised satellite reception. See here - https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post506924

Using a dish and motor mounted on a long pole like you have is not a good starting point for multi-satellite reception. It will move or sway in the wind or even when the dish moves. As the dish is down almost at ground level it will not see the whole arc of satellites as it will be blocked by trees, houses etc. If you can receive from 30E to 30W that is probably the best you can hope for on a good day.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1X (19-01-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    @ALIEN1X - I have commented before on the suitability (or otherwise) of your setup for motorised satellite reception. See here - https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post506924

Using a dish and motor mounted on a long pole like you have is not a good starting point for multi-satellite reception. It will move or sway in the wind or even when the dish moves. As the dish is down almost at ground level it will not see the whole arc of satellites as it will be blocked by trees, houses etc. If you can receive from 30E to 30W that is probably the best you can hope for on a good day.
    One of the recommendations in that linked thread is to dig a 3 foot hole for a single pole and fill the hole with lots of concrete. This may not work if on London clay and difference in ground level water content causes clay heave and a once vertical pole becomes tilted. Possibly a wide base and triangular supports to the top of the pole would be better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast