Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: flashed new image

Title
    Thanks

flashed new image

Hello I have tried to flash wit latest vix image and it wiped out all my settings and scanned saterlites.
    So I had to input all the data again.
    During the flash process it did not give me the option to upgrade from existing vix image, instead after it rebooted it went into setup wizzard?

Any advise on this or do i have to restore settings from previous back up but dont want to restrore old image?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If you flash an image, it overwrites the flash memory, it is a new image. Did you flash using a USB stick or did you flash using Image Manager?

If you restore a settings backup, it will restore the settings.
    If you flash an image backup, it will flash the image you backed up, inclusive of all the settings that were there when you had created the image backup.

Title
    Thanks
    I flashed with USB stick as per the pdf file on this site

So what I should have done is flash from image manger?

or flashed from usb and restore a backed up settings?

Also the device perfoms very slow when scrolling EPG or menus etc?
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 13-01-22 at 19:09. Reason: typo

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You can flash by USB or by using Image Manager. Doing so by USB does not create a settings backup. It does when you use Image manager (as a default).

Anyway, after you flash an image, if a settings backup is found, you are prompted to restore it. You can also restore a settings backup whenever you want. Did you get a prompt?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    Hello I have tried to flash wit latest vix image and it wiped out all my settings and scanned saterlites.
    So I had to input all the data again.
    During the flash process it did not give me the option to upgrade from existing vix image, instead after it rebooted it went into setup wizzard?

Any advise on this or do i have to restore settings from previous back up but dont want to restrore old image?
    Before the flash did you perform a setting backup?
    Menu->setup->vix->backup manager->green for new backup

You can also perform an image backup if you need to recover the older image
    Menu->setup->vix->image manager->green for new backup

After a flash you should have been given the option to restore settings and plugins. From memory this is just after the first stages of the wizard which first sets up language and video output standard.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    I did not get any prompts when using usb method and I did do a back of the old image and settings.
    May be I never got a prompt because i disconnected the usb hdd before flashingas the instruction said disconnected any attached devcies etc, not sure if that coud be the problem.

What will do is another backup of image and settings and nexttime round during update I will use the image manager etc

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You cant restore settings from a drive that is not connected. Plug in the drive and restore the settings (Blue button > Vix Image Management > Backup Manager)
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thankyou your advise was very heklpfull

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thinking the logic behind it was remove any other usb devices before flashing by the usb with image.