Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recordings Files

Title
    Thanks
    UPDATE

So Thursday night I reflashed back to version 6 and for two days there were no problems and I was going to assume it was an error when I first flashed the image. Then, trying to play Match of the Day the problem started again. The time was showing 00:41 so it may have been as early as 00:35 when I started the playback although it looks to be at 00:41:15.2542 (see info below).

So I located the log file and it is attached in full (2.9 Mb) even though the error is towards the end of the file. I have posted it in its entirety as it is littered with a variety of Read Errors and other errors including loads of:

lookupService getService failed!

errors, which mean little to me but may mean something to you. There are lots of other error messages but I have no idea if they are important or not. One example is:

< 20925.3227> 00:37:25.3513 [Skin] Error in screen 'EPGSelection' widget 'widget' [Skin] {ViX-Night-1080/skin.xml}: Component with name 'number' was not found in skin of screen 'EPGSelection'! Please contact the skin's author!!
    There are other skin messages and also some exception errors within exception errors so it looks as if the box is confused.

It looks like the recorded programme started here?

< 21155.2256> 00:41:15.2542 [eDVBTSTools] setSource loading streaminfo for /media/hdd/movie/20220115 2329 - BBC One HD - Match of the Day.ts

There is then lots that I do not understand and then after a while it starts line after line of this:

< 21317.2090> 00:43:57.2377 [eServiceFactoryDVB] lookupService getService failed!
    < 21317.2096> 00:43:57.2382 [eServiceFactoryDVB] lookupService getService failed!
    < 21317.2119> 00:43:57.2405 [eServiceFactoryDVB] lookupService getService failed!
    < 21317.2126> 00:43:57.2412 [eServiceFactoryDVB] lookupService getService failed!
    < 21317.2131> 00:43:57.2418 [eServiceFactoryDVB] lookupService getService failed!
    < 21317.2144> 00:43:57.2431 [eServiceFactoryDVB] lookupService getService failed!

Now none of this means a lot to me but hopefully someone can make sense of it?

In the meantime I have moved back to (not flashed) version 4 which seems to be working fine.

Enigma2_debug_2022-01-15_18-49-11.log

G
    Geoff
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    GigaBlue Ultra Unicable SCR-LNB / 24 SCR - 2 Legacy UHD 4K LNB
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    The log show several Volume Up/Down presses, then an Exit press which appears to be putting a message into the screen?

There's also a Blue press at one point (the puts up an extension list choice).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Yes. That is probable as once the problem began the volume was too loud and it was trying to lower it that some of the presses occurred. Then I noticed it responded to the volume although not immediately so I was experimenting. I then tried exiting, again with several pushes but it would not. I checked for and copied the log file then turned off the box.

Can you not see any repetitive errors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I've always had the ViX volume set to max, and then only ever use the tv volume control.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay in responding but the boiler packed up so the living room and TV was unusable for a week. We survived using the e2remote pro and Kodi.

I have tried to reproduce the problem since returning and Murphy's law prevented it. Eventually, two programmes my wife wanted to watch (one of which was in the process of recording but which we had missed the start of) gave a problem so after restarting the box a couple of times and not getting anywhere, it was back to the Humax for the evening. Later, I experimented by refreshing the GUI a couple of times but the problem remained so I shut the entire machine down again, left it for 24 hours restarted it and tried again. I removed all logs via ftp and restarted the machine once more. The problem had gone again and the two programmes played properly (except that in trying to reset it the previous evening one of the recordings was split into 3 parts). So I settled down to watch Match of the Day and immediately it started the problem switching between the movie list page and the main screen with the info bar showing. All controls via the remote were ignored. I let it run for a few minutes then shut down again. The error log is attached.

Enigma2_debug_2022-01-23_23-18-03.log

The problem starts at 00:06:24:3749

Do no other users have a similar problem? It is serious as it has completely disenfranchised my wife from the concept of the new box and OpenVix. I hope someone can give me some information from the logs that can identify and resolve it. Are there any other tests you would like me to try to identify it? I cannot discount and incompatibility with the GigaBlue box but it does look to be a software issue at the moment.

Geoff
    Last edited by GeoffatMM; 25-01-22 at 09:05. Reason: Log attached
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    What device are you using for recording?
    It also kind of looks like its trying to read sub title information - do you have sub titles turned on??

... but it also looks like its having issue with the ts recording - although I have never seen those issues before, which is why I ask about the device used.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Twol,

Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    What device are you using for recording?
    As per the signature:

OpenVix 6.0.003 Image
    110cms Triax Dish

although I did upgrade to 6.0.006 which is when the problem started. I have gone back to 6.0.004 to see if that eradicates it.

It also kind of looks like its trying to read sub title information - do you have sub titles turned on??
    I do not think subtitles are on by default (no subtitles come up) but it regularly defaults to the NAR assisted commentary which I have to turn off.

... but it also looks like its having issue with the ts recording - although I have never seen those issues before, which is why I ask about the device used.
    From time to time I see that not all 6 file parts are in the movie folder but those recordings still seem to play. Also, while the problem occurs on the GigaBlue box I can sit in the same room and run the recording over Kodi or e2remote pro. So that implies that there is either a software issue on the machine or an incompatibility with the GigaBlue device.
    Last edited by GeoffatMM; 25-01-22 at 12:43.
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 883 Posts
    Hi Geoff - I think @twol was asking about the actual location of the recordings. Are you not using a network drive attached to a Mac? My recordings are done on the internal HDD in my GB Quad. I occasionally archive off recordings (mostly music programmes from BBC4/Sky Arts) to my NAS via SMB. If I play those archived programmes from Vix the navigation through the folder on the NAS is very slow, due to the large number of .TS files and the ancillary meta data files. Usually I would play these archived recordings from my Kodi media player which is separate from my GB Quad. The user experience on that is much snappier experience.

I think I recall that you have come from a Humax Freesat receiver setup to the Vix? My other half took a long time to come to terms with the Vix box after coming from a Humax, but I have kept the setup as simple as possible - direct SCART connection from GB Quad to TV, so that it's just a "power on" the Quad and the TV automatically switches to the box and the default recording location is the internal HDD. She doesn't care about SD/HD or HiFi sound. She certainly wouldn't navigate to a network drive to access old archived programmes. When I want to watch TV I use the AV surround system and HDMI connection, but she has no interest in coming to terms with the complexity, so I just adopt the KISS principle. Your mileage may vary
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Joe, You must be my twin!

All recordings are on the hard drive in the box. Like you I archive to the network drive but generally I am watching at the same time so manage the controls. For Jude, the issue is less about a new interface (I have caught her playing with it from time to time and she manages when I am not there) it is more about dependability (which is a laugh because in 2 years the Humax has crashed twice with the loss of all recordings). It does not help that it seems to happen mainly to the programmes she wants to watch. C’est la vie.

So for the purposes of this issue, the recording is bog standard onto the enclosed hdd and into /media/hdd/movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys, can no one help me with this?

The problem is still there and it is definitely an OpenVix problem. if I boot into OpenATV or TeamBlue I do not have any issues with recordings. As long as it continues without a solution I will have to move over to one of these two solutions.

In doing so, I of course lost all my auto timers and timers. It seems odd that this information is not help on the hdd drive or at least give an option to do so.

I believe there are several files that need to be moved and then some joggling about. Is there a support guide I can follow?

Also, how do I get this issue to the developers? Users may be trying Openvix, not using this forum, seeing a problem and discounting it as a workable solution. I would much rather stay with OpenVix if possible if only because the English language support is better but if I cannot get it to work I will have to move to something else.

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What do your recording and playback settings look like?

This snapshot....

m.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Hi ccs,

Here is the full listing.

Screen grab 1.jpg

Screen grab 2.jpg
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffatMM View Post
    I believe there are several files that need to be moved and then some joggling about. Is there a support guide I can follow?
    Haven't you come across backup and restore? Try

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301

Have a look at the third thread.

If you're using multiboot (even if you're not), I'd be tempted to create a ViX image from scratch and see how that goes.

(Once you've created an image backup, you can re-flash it if you get into a mess, and then you're back to where you were when you created the backup.)
    Last edited by ccs; 04-02-22 at 11:53.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi ccs,

Yes I have all of that organised but it does not work when moving from one image to another. I have sorted timers and auto timers using ssh and issuing init 4, followed by mobving the two files over ftp and then a reboot. It has successfully moved both auto and actual timers from OpenVix to OpenATV.

Until I know that the issue I have is being looked at by the development team I will stay with OpenATV which appears to be working properly for me (and my wife!).

Nobody replied to tell me how to get the issue to the developers or how feedback on issues works. I have searched the forum listing but cannot see a general feedback forum for bugs etc. on the current image. Does one exist?

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Developers will have seen your posts, like everybody else, there is no distinction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast