Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 5.4 and 6.0 crashes

Title
    Thanks

5.4 and 6.0 crashes

Been using 5.4 for over a year with no major problems and more than a month ago the system started freezing - audio continued but picture static, with no response via the remote. I re-flashed with an earlier saved version in case something had become corrupted somehow and the system was ok for a while, but then the freezing began occurring more frequently. Was going to seek assistance here, but instead upgraded to 6.0.003 and then 004. Same problem eventually. I've looked at the log but since debugging is way out of my league for the most part I cannot see anything obvious. I did the 6.0 flash with the settings and plugins restored and as I continued to have the problem I most recently only restored the settings. But that has also failed. Most likely I'm going to have to flash without restoring settings, but if someone can help me debug it might not be necessary with a bit of luck. I attach the last debug log. Enigma2_debug_2022-01-06_16-01-01.logThanks in advance.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    You need to be more specific. What is freezing, the channel picture or the user interface? FTA channels or encrypted?

Also, if crashing you need to provide crash logs.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Both encrypted and FTA. Is the debug not the crash log? If not, where do I look for that? Picture freezes but exit doesn’t work to access menu or anything else.
    Last edited by ziggysdomain; 06-01-22 at 23:07. Reason: Left out details

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Same place as a debug log.

A crash log is produce when a box crashes. If it is not crashing (just freezing) there won't be a crash log.

Crash means the box restarts.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the clarification. Here's the latest crash log.
    Enigma2_crash_2022-01-06_16-00-51.log
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you got LCD4Linux loaded on that receiver?

Title
    Thanks
    No. I attach a screenshot of my plugin tab. Thanks for input.Vix-6.0-Plugins.jpg
    Last edited by ziggysdomain; 07-01-22 at 12:50. Reason: add attachment
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K

Title
    Thanks
    Returned home after a long trip home and decided to install latest version - 6.2.003 - and NOT restore settings and plugins. This appears to have sorted the crashing / freezing of the system. As an aside, somebody asked for help with the tuner configuration while I was away and I promised to post pix of the settings to help that person on my return. I cannot now find that thread, so if that person happens to be browsing this perhaps they'd request help again and I'll do as asked. I have another query about subtitle and audio mismatch, but I'll post that now in a different thread. Thanks for all previous assistance.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggysdomain For This Useful Post:

deltec (07-07-22)