Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: EPGRefresh problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

EPGRefresh problem

Please bare with me this is very difficult to explain, I have 2 OpenViX images, both are the latest 6.0.004 for my VU Ultimo4K.

The 6.0.004 image I was using had some junk left over items in the setting file when trying various plugins, so I thought during the holiday, I'd install a nice clean 6.0.004 and set it up from scratch.

Everything is working perfectly apart from EPGRefresh on the new clean install. I uploaded my channel list with dreamboxEDIT without the settings file, so the channels/bouquet are identical. I only use the free channels on 28.2E (Freesat plus a few FTA Sky channels).

I have set up EPGRefresh identically too, but on the clean install, it is not populating all the channels when I do a manual scan, it is missing random channels (lots of them). There are also chunks of missing information when scrolling forward in the EPG. If I restore the previous older image and do a manual scan with EPGRefresh it finds all the channels correctly everytime and the EPG is fully populated.

I can't get my head around this. I've tried extending the time it does the scan to but it doesn't make any difference. I've deleted the EPG Cache before a scan (it is set to do this anyway). On the older image the time is set to 280 and works fine, so I would have assumed the same settings in my clean install should work the same.

I only use EPGRefresh, all other methods are disabled, so it isn't getting over written by another plugin (as far as I can tell).

I've added some screenshots and maybe somebody may know what is going on.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've sort of fixed the problem in a round about way. Using the older image 6.6.004, I downloaded the settings file again, I manually deleted the left over (unwanted) plugin entries shown in the settings file (E2Piconizer, Simply 10 etc). I then used putty to do an init 4, ftp the cleaned up settings file replacing the original in /etc/enigma2 and did init 3. Did an EPGRefresh and it worked fine.

Out of interest, I tried replacing the working settings file in the older image and putting it in the clean 6.0.004 image. EPGRefresh still missed channels and data.

One thought, has EPGRefresh been updated since OpenViX 6.0.004 was released. I can't think of any reason why this would occur otherwise.
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK, new settings file doesn't work in either image, original settings file works in both. What am I missing? What is stopping EPGRefresh from working correctly in the newer fresh setup?

settings.zip
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Line 4 of your fresh settings file has this entry:

"config.epg.opentv=False"

I presume this would disable the in-built system EPG reader which reads the SKY EPG data. Try changing OpenTV EPG to "yes" in the EPG settings page.

The EPGRefresh plugin just tunes the box to the selected transponder at the selected time or at an interval. The plugin doesn't actually have any code to pull the EPG off the transmission.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Line 4 of your fresh settings file has this entry:

"config.epg.opentv=False"

I presume this would disable the in-built system EPG reader which reads the SKY EPG data. Try changing OpenTV EPG to "yes" in the EPG settings page.

The EPGRefresh plugin just tunes the box to the selected transponder at the selected time or at an interval. The plugin doesn't actually have any code to pull the EPG off the transmission.
    You are a genius. That has fixed it. Thank you so much. I'll have to remember than one for the next time I do a fresh install. Thanks for your time, it really is appreciated.
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I thought that the default (clean) install of Vix should have OpenTV EPG enabled. Maybe not?
    In any case, if you are just using 28.2, there is no need to install and run EPGRefresh as there is a built-in OpenTV EPG downloader available in Menu/Setup/EPG. This will start an EPG download automatically five minutes after boot and at a configurable interval afterwards. You do need OpenTV enabled in Menu/Setup/EPG/Settings, though!
    If you are a keen radio listener on 28.2, you will need to enable the Freesat EPG if you want to see the full week's schedule as the OpenTV EPG reader doesn't seem to have the radio schedules. Be aware that having both Freesat and OpenTV EPG settings enabled can lead to some oddities with programme details or conflicts when a programme's details or schedule time are changed. Enable both EPG readers only if you must see the radio schedules.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    The plugin enables open tv automatically so no need to touch epg settings.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (01-01-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    I thought that the default (clean) install of Vix should have OpenTV EPG enabled. Maybe not?
    In any case, if you are just using 28.2, there is no need to install and run EPGRefresh as there is a built-in OpenTV EPG downloader available in Menu/Setup/EPG. This will start an EPG download automatically five minutes after boot and at a configurable interval afterwards. You do need OpenTV enabled in Menu/Setup/EPG/Settings, though!
    If you are a keen radio listener on 28.2, you will need to enable the Freesat EPG if you want to see the full week's schedule as the OpenTV EPG reader doesn't seem to have the radio schedules. Be aware that having both Freesat and OpenTV EPG settings enabled can lead to some oddities with programme details or conflicts when a programme's details or schedule time are changed. Enable both EPG readers only if you must see the radio schedules.
    I'm not too worried about radio, so I have enabled OpenTV and it indeed does as you explained. I've uninstalled EPGRefresh and tested it out and it does exactly what I need it to do. Trust me to complicate things. It has come a long way since the days of CrossEPG, so much easier.

You have been a real help. Thank you.
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thecaretaker For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (01-01-22)