Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: network problems

Title
    Thanks

network problems

hi folks
    got a VU+uno 4kse
    runs oscam ok, but when i zap over to IPTV channels the lag is a minute or more
    i can connect laptop to Vu+ via Filezilla in a sec (as normally expect)
    when i try to download plugins there is a long time lag between the request for the plugin and it downloading

i tried the speed test plugin its slow, it getdown to the fourth line "select best server based on ping" and almost hangs
    the ping time was 4235.23 (never seen a 4000 ping time)

this box was sent back for repair in the summer, (had the not respond to hand set fault) when it came back i started using the Vix 5.4016 nd its always had this slow zap time to IPTV

before it was sent for repair i used ten below back image (as they worked best for me) can't remember what one was working on this box now

using same router setup for past year or so,

laptop gives good ping times, firestick (hard wired) also plays iptv no problems

any suggestions out there ? nothing to hard as age has caught up with my brain everything i do in slow motion now, finding it hard to work things out

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goatie View Post
    any suggestions out there ? nothing to hard as age has caught up with my brain everything i do in slow motion now, finding it hard to work things out
    How is your box connected to your router - via wi-fi or via a ethernet cable?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    hard wired to router
    no VPN

could it be port forwarding ? ( I've no idea) but when i was trying to sort out oscam i had to change the port to connect via oscam webif (changed to 8888)
    Last edited by goatie; 25-12-21 at 10:20.

Title
    Thanks
    I will test ethernet cabling by connecting laptop with the ethernet cable at the vu+ uno 4kse, ( but that's after christmas)
    but as IPTV works ok once this zap time lag that suggests cables ok, and hardware ok ?
    the long zap times are on all IPTV channels ( switching between iptv channels or switching from satelite channels to iptv channels)

using Jedi bouquet makers for iptv's
    used to use suls bouquet maker 0.86, can't seem to get "newer visions made by someone else to work)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I would flash to latest version of OpenViX (use ImageManager to flash online) then try again.
    The version of suls bouquetmaker in the plugins works fine with latest OpenViX version.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

goatie (25-12-21)

Title
    Thanks
    reluctant to change image as had problems getting oscam working last time
    was hopeing for easy fix

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    As long as you backup your settings then should not be an issue
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

goatie (25-12-21)

Title
    Thanks
    may try to backup settings and use imagemanager after the boxing day matches

Title
    Thanks
    backed up image, did online flash,
    flashed and restored settings ok,
    not as slow but still slow zapping iotv channels
    all sateilite channels appear to zap at normal speed

Title
    Thanks
    just in case anypne else has problems

found that my VU+ box network DNS was set to a VPN which i had my second router (must have happened when VU+ was setup in sept/oct, ) the VPN was switch off at router, so i think the VU+ had to got though the 3 nameservers until it got a connection
    changed nameserver1 to standard DNS ping time was still long 40, but zap times miles better

13. The Following User Says Thank You to goatie For This Useful Post:

cactikid (05-01-22)