Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: manually tune a single channel on H7

Title
    Thanks

manually tune a single channel on H7

Is it possible to manually tune a single channel and add it to the existing bouquet of channels on Zgemma H7

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You can scan a single transponder, not a signal channel. You do that in manual scan menu. The help/hint text should help you through.

Do you know the transponder details?

You can then copy/move/add the service to any bouquet you want in the channel list. Press menu with the channel/service highlighted in the service/channel list. You cannot do this in the EPG system, so do not at any time press the EPG button while you are trying this.

This works on all receivers and on all images.

Note:
    ABM bouquets belong to ABM and will be remade according to programming. If you want to manipulate ABM bouquets, bests to use a custom mix file otherwise your changes will be undone when ABM next runs.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 15-12-21 at 22:58. Reason: Transponder details

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Anthonyk2020 (16-12-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You can scan a single transponder, not a signal channel. You do that in manual scan menu. The help/hint text should help you through.

Do you know the transponder details?

You can then copy/move/add the service to any bouquet you want in the channel list. Press menu with the channel/service highlighted in the service/channel list. You cannot do this in the EPG system, so do not at any time press the EPG button while you are trying this.

This works on all receivers and on all images.

Note:
    ABM bouquets belong to ABM and will be remade according to programming. If you want to manipulate ABM bouquets, bests to use a custom mix file otherwise your changes will be undone when ABM next runs.
    Hi there, Just resurrecting this old thread. I'm looking to add the updated versions of some channels which have moved/changed recently like the ITV HD channels and all the channel 5 iterations. I've used e-channelizer before but not sure how I go about adding these. Do I perform a new scan of the transponder using e-channelizer and then update to the box? Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Which image are you using. Name, version/date please?

Why not just use AutoBouquetsMaker on your receiver/box? This is the easiest/simplest option.
    If you are making your own bouquets and do not want the ABM bouquets, just say no to all the bouquet options. You can then import to program and edit as before

If you don't want to use ABM, and are using E-channelizer, dreamboxedit, dreamset etc, you update satellites.xml on box, scan on box, using Program on PC, import form box, edit, transfer back to box

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Which image are you using. Name, version/date please?

Why not just use AutoBouquetsMaker on your receiver/box? This is the easiest/simplest option.
    If you are making your own bouquets and do not want the ABM bouquets, just say no to all the bouquet options. You can then import to program and edit as before

If you don't want to use ABM, and are using E-channelizer, dreamboxedit, dreamset etc, you update satellites.xml on box, scan on box, using Program on PC, import form box, edit, transfer back to box
    Hi. I'm using Openvix latest release. Just updated this week.

Title
    Thanks
    In my opinion, "latest" is vague, better to say the number/date. Number of times people say they are on latest and they actually are not is unbelievable. Anyway, let's assume you are on 6.2 012. Forget the image version for now.

Can you not use AutoBouquetsMaker to update your channels/bouquets?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi. I'm not at home now but will check the version tonight. I haven't really done much with ABM or e-channelizer since I was customising the box about a year ago. Will check it out later.

Title
    Thanks
    Version is not important now.

If you use ABM, the bouquets will be as per provider. Once you set it up, you won't have to do anything. Once a week (Thursday preferrably) automated run should be fine. On odd occasion you will have to do use ABM scan manually.