Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Managing Recordings and Timer Rules

Title
    Thanks

Managing Recordings and Timer Rules

I have been experimenting with the recording system before finally disposing of my Humax box (one of its great benefits is its automatic recording control). I have two issues I would like to raise. Search forums but cannot find an answer. Sorry if these are basic questions.

1. Formula One.

This programme has changed the way it titles the programmes so it now states F1 [circuit name] Grand Prix Highlights. I set an auto timer and it did not even record the first programme. I have tried removing the [circuit name] section and that also did not work. I also experimented with the "Exact Match" option but nothing appeared to enable an auto timer for this programme. Any suggestions? (Future experimentation will have to wait until next season now!).

2. Setting or Editing Channels and/or Days

Match of the Day! This is working on the Saturday programme (and MOTD2 on Sundays). However there are from time to time MOTD specials (live matches) and midweek programmes (esp. after international weekends). In Vix, it sets the day (or allows any day by removing the tick) when setting the auto timer from the guide but I cannot find how to discretely edit the day(s) in the timer once established. I can however edit it in Kodi where it allows me to select any combination of multiple days to search (I cannot confirm if it works or not yet). How do I edit the days for searching in the same way in Vix?

I am also trying to record the FA Cup highlights which moves from one channel to another so I set it for any day and any channel. The net result was about 50 Gigabytes of multiple recordings of the same programme thanks to the continuous repeats on the Red Button. So I tried to find how to edit the channels to only select BBC 1 and BBC 2 but could not find a way to do it. I looked at Kodi but even here, the discrete selection of channels to search was not possible. So, is there a way to do this in Vix? If not, is there a way to duplicate an auto timer (set for BBC 1) and edit it to another channel (BBC 2)?

Ta,
    Geoff
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    GigaBlue Ultra Unicable SCR-LNB / 24 SCR - 2 Legacy UHD 4K LNB
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    You can change the days of the week and channels to record from when creating/editing a timer. (Edit filters or services.)

AT.jpg

When you create or update an autotimer, you'll get a summary of what it's found, and the timer list will confirm this.

When you're editing an AT from the autotimer overview, remember to press green to save in the overview, otherwise your changes will be lost.
    Last edited by ccs; 07-12-21 at 10:15.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    You can change the days of the week and channels to record from when creating/editing a timer. (Edit filters or services.)
    The restict to days menu item used to work but now appears very broken.

The only user option now for "restrict to days" is disabled.

From memory, it once allowed user enabling and then gave all of the days of the week with a tick box beside each day to allow that day to be included
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    I record all of these from Freeview and have honed the rules over the years.

F1 (assuming you only want the final race, not qualifying).
    • Set "Match title" to just "F1"
    • Search type to: "Starts with"
    • Press Edit Filters to set
      "In Title" to Exclude "Build Up", "Reaction", "Replay", "Qualifying" (4 entries)
      "on Weekday" to Sunday (might also need Monday here, in case of an after-midnight start?)
    • Press Edit Services to set
      on channel "Channel 4 HD"

FA Cup highlights I just have set to a window of 17:00 to 02:00 everyday on BBC ONE HD and BBC TWO HD (it has also been on BBC FOUR earlier, but I ignore that).

MOTD2 I set for on Weekday Sunday and Monday on BBC ONE HD and BBC TWO HD.

Match of the Day itself I set for 21:45 to 01:20 on Weekday "Weekday" (so I ignore the Saturday ones when MOTD2 is on teh next day) on BBC ONE HD and BBC TWO HD.
    Then I check manually over Christmas/New Year/Easter as to what has been set.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

GeoffatMM (09-12-21),Willo3092 (07-12-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    The restict to days menu item used to work but now appears very broken.

The only user option now for "restrict to days" is disabled.

From memory, it once allowed user enabling and then gave all of the days of the week with a tick box beside each day to allow that day to be included
    I can see a list, and can add extra entries using the blue button "New".

New.jpg List.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can see a list, and can add extra entries using the blue button "New".

New.jpg List.jpg
    Ok found the setting but is raises another point that the items..
    Restrict to specific bouquets
    Restrict to days
    Use other filters

are not actually menu items although they appear in the menu list. They are just status indications that a filter has been set by other means. It is an illogical GUI and doesn't actually do what the "menu item suggests"

For instance, Selecting "Restrict to days" gives no user choice. If it says enabled that is the only option a user can select. If it says disabled again that is the only option offered. Enabled or disabled is set depending on the option selected in the previous autotimer screen(depending on which methed the user configures autotimers), a screen that doesn't appear again if editing and existing autotimer.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    For instance, Selecting "Restrict to days" gives no user choice. If it says enabled that is the only option a user can select. If it says disabled again that is the only option offered. Enabled or disabled is set depending on the option selected in the previous autotimer screen(depending on which methed the user configures autotimers), a screen that doesn't appear again if editing and existing autotimer.
    You can switch enabled/disabled on and off when editing an AT by using "Edit filters" of "edit services".

"Restrict to specific bouquets" does appear to stick on disabled. - Not quite, it is enabled if "Restrict to specific services" is disabled.

You can only disable "Restrict to specific services" if you first delete all services it's currently set to, otherwise toggling enable/disable does nothing.

So it probably looks like it's one or the other, services or bouquets, which kind of rings a faint bell.
    Last edited by ccs; 07-12-21 at 16:02.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    So it probably looks like it's one or the other, services or bouquets, which kind of rings a faint bell.
    I think that's right for autotimers.

EPG refresh allows, and works correctly with, a mixture of stations and bouquets.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Ok found the setting but is raises another point that the items..
    Restrict to specific bouquets
    Restrict to days
    Use other filters

are not actually menu items although they appear in the menu list. They are just status indications that a filter has been set by other means. It is an illogical GUI and doesn't actually do what the "menu item suggests"
    Maybe they could be phrased batter, but they are menu items in the sense that you are choosing which list to display, edit and/or create next.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    I think that's right for autotimers.

EPG refresh allows, and works correctly with, a mixture of stations and bouquets.
    Not sure what EPG refresh has to do with autotimers ??

Title
    Thanks
    For instance, Selecting "Restrict to days" gives no user choice.
    If you go to that item in the menu then the Help text tells you to "Use the yellow key to edit the day filter".
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Not sure what EPG refresh has to do with autotimers ??
    Mainly I'm saying please do not change that channel or bouquet filters input function so that you can't set both at once because it's useful to be able to do that for EPG Refresh.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Mainly I'm saying please do not change that channel or bouquet filters input function so that you can't set both at once because it's useful to be able to do that for EPG Refresh.
    Ok, but I can't enable both at once for some reason, just one or the other. (Using ABM.)
    Last edited by ccs; 08-12-21 at 22:25.

Title
    Thanks
    However, as far as I can tell, the AutoTimer code only checks bouquets if services is not set. If neither is set it checks all bouquets (lines 376, 378 and 389 in AutoTimer.py).

Why would EPG refresh be using AutoTimer settings, rather than its own?

Although the option for allowing multiple timers does have an option for "If specified services or bouquets", which would imply it has some meaning somewhere?
    Last edited by birdman; 09-12-21 at 00:35.

Title
    Thanks
    OK I will take another look at editing the timer, thanks birdman, seeing your logic will help me set my own..
    Geoff
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    GigaBlue Ultra Unicable SCR-LNB / 24 SCR - 2 Legacy UHD 4K LNB
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast