Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Openwebif Issues

Title
    Thanks

Openwebif Issues

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but please move it if necessary.

For some reason, my web access has stopped playing (streaming) programmes and recordings. I can access all the functions and set timers etc. but if I try to play a channel through the browser it tries but just gives a gray page with a line through the play icon (the white triangle).

It stopped working after some strange behaviour on my network. For some reason the Gigablue box was accessible on two separate IP addresses at the same time. .155 and .153. No idea how it happened or how it was possible but the 155 address (the one set as its fixed IP) would not play programmes but the 153 address would. I rebooted everything and reconfirmed the fixed address and now the .153 address has gone but the web interface is still not playing programmes.

I may have changed something without realising it. Has anyone else experienced this and can anyone offer any help please?
    Geoff
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    GigaBlue Ultra Unicable SCR-LNB / 24 SCR - 2 Legacy UHD 4K LNB
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    An update. I am using the modern interface. There are three playback option icons for recordings (movies) and two option icons for TV channels.

For Movies, the "Playback" icon does not appear to do anything. The "Stream" icon gives the gray page and line through the triangular play icon. The "Stream (transcoded)" does the same.

For TV channels, the "Stream" icon gives the gray page and line through the triangular play icon. However the "Stream (encoded)" is now finally playing the TV in the web browser.

What is the difference between "Stream" and "Stream (encoded)"?

Why is it still not working with my recordings?

Ta,
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffatMM View Post
    For some reason the Gigablue box was accessible on two separate IP addresses at the same time. .155 and .153. No idea how it happened or how it was possible but the 155 address (the one set as its fixed IP) would not play programmes but the 153 address would.
    If you have two interfaces active (Wireless and LAN?) then you'd (probably) have two different addresses.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Birdman but the UHD UE 4K does not have built in wifi and I have not attached a dongle. That is why I was surprised to see a second working IP address. I am sure it is my Openwrt router and network setup that has caused the problem but not sure why. It has settled down after all the reboots. However this morning it is once again not displaying the TV channel or recordings.

I have got it to work on my iPhone so it could be an applmac/safari problem? However, when I tried it in Chrome (I do not use it much) instead of opening a second tab, it downloaded it and opened the m3u file in Apple Music! Just produced some garbled sounds. No idea how to change the settings in Chrome. So I am still stuck.
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffatMM View Post
    Thanks Birdman but the UHD UE 4K does not have built in wifi and I have not attached a dongle. That is why I was surprised to see a second working IP address.
    Multiple addresses on one interface is also possible (I have 4 on one interface on one of my Linux systems, 3 of which move between systems along with some external disks) but I can't see it being the sort of thing that happens unintentionally.
    However, when I tried it in Chrome (I do not use it much) instead of opening a second tab, it downloaded it and opened the m3u file in Apple Music! Just produced some garbled sounds. No idea how to change the settings in Chrome. So I am still stuck.
    I can't find anything about how to set a handler for a mime-type in Chrome. Weird. And this is supposedly a good browser?

What I did find is "Handlers". Which might help? It was once in the Settings, but disappeared at some point. You can get to it by typing chrome://settings/handlers in the URL bar. If it is off, switch it on and see what happens. If that make no difference (or is already on) then I suggest you start using a decent browser, such as Firefox, which will ask you what you want to do with the downloaded file based on its mime-type.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD